Toronto Receives: A. Biedrins, H. Barnes
    Golden State Receives: A. Johnson, D. DeRozan

Toronto Lineup:
    PG - Lowry, Calderon, Lucas
    SG - Fields, Ross, Anderson
    SF - Barnes, Kleiza
    PF - Bargs, Davis, Acy
    C - Val, Biedrins, Gray

Key player is Barnes. Trade made with the hope that Barnes becomes a legitimate nba scorer with all-star status. Biedrins can act as a backup C despite his ridiculous contract. He will be off the books come 2014.

GSRaps wrote: View Post

Toronto Lineup:
    SF - Barnes, Kleiza
    PF - Bargs, Davis, Acy
    C - Val, Biedrins, Gray

Key player is Barnes. Trade made with the hope that Barnes becomes a legitimate nba scorer with all-star status. Biedrins can act as a backup C despite his ridiculous contract. He will be off the books come 2014.
    I give up on these trade forums. These ridiculous trades are getting really annoying. I have a counter trade for you:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cn53ee2

Toronto Receives: LeBron James
    Miami Receives: Jose Calderon, Linas Kleiza

Toronto Lineup:
    PG: Lowry, Lucas
    SG: Demar, Ross
    SF: LeBron, Fields, Anderson
    PF: Bargs, Davis, Acy
    C: Val, Gray

Key player is LeBron James. Trade will help us make playoffs and we can have championships for years to come. We don't need Calderon and Kleiza.

Please stop posting these stupid trades. There's a difference between a fantasy trade and an actual trade. It's getting really annoying...

Comment

LOL @ backlash2k4. But the idea of trading Amir and Derozan for a washed up Biedrins and a unproven Barnes is preposterous.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

GSRaps wrote: View Post

Toronto Lineup:
        SF - Barnes, Kleiza
        PF - Bargs, Davis, Acy
        C - Val, Biedrins, Gray

If I'm right Barnes was drafted in the just concluded draft. Very unlikely that a team would give up on an untried player. I was thinking about Toronto acquiring Biedrins' contract with S Curry for Jose plus a host of players and draft picks before we got Lowry. Beidrins is a player they would be looking to move and would be willing to add a good player to do so.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
          LOL @ backlash2k4. But the idea of trading Amir and Derozan for a washed up Biedrins and a unproven Barnes is preposterous.
          It is preposterous! At this moment in time, it's stupid for GS to do this trade! They don't need Derozan (Who can't shoot a three for his life) when they have an up-and-coming player in Klay Thompson at their shooting guard position. While they would like to have a better back-up PF, I doubt they would want him. His contract is a bit much for their liking and they would probably want to keep Biedrins a back-up for Bogut! Remember, Bogut is just getting out of injury and is very injury prone. Not having a back-up to such an injury-prone center. It's that kinda thing that stops a fringe-playoff team from making playoffs. As for trading away an unproven Barnes, Barnes might be unproven, but you just don't trade someone with such potential. Barnes has the potential to be an All-Star SF or at least a borderline all-star. If he can put up decent rookie numbers (11-14PPG, 3-4RPG, 1-2APG, and 1SPG) and Bogut can stay healthy (and produce), they are possibly a playoff team. The only way this trade is remotely feasible is if, by the trade deadline, Barnes only average 3PPG, 2RPG, and 1APG in 25-30 minutes of play. Or in other words, he's a massive bust.

Comment

+1 i don't expect GS to consider trading a lottery pick that's why i feel this trade is ridiculous.
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Seeing this trade me laugh.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

The biggest reason as to why I don't think this trade would work is Derozan's looming free agency. Golden State probably wouldn't want to give up a young, talented, cheap and controllable guy like Barnes for Derozan who will be looking for a raise and could even test the free agent waters.

Comment

I would trade DeMar for Klay Thompson straight up and feel we robbed G-State. Why would they add a bench 2 guard and throw away their starting 3 of the future?
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                    I give up on these trade forums. These ridiculous trades are getting really annoying. I have a counter trade for you:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cn53ee2

Toronto Receives: LeBron James
                    Miami Receives: Jose Calderon, Linas Kleiza

Toronto Lineup:
                    PG: Lowry, Lucas
                    SG: Demar, Ross
                    SF: LeBron, Fields, Anderson
                    PF: Bargs, Davis, Acy
                    C: Val, Gray

Key player is LeBron James. Trade will help us make playoffs and we can have championships for years to come. We don't need Calderon and Kleiza.

Please stop posting these stupid trades. There's a difference between a fantasy trade and an actual trade. It's getting really annoying...
                    While I agree that this trade is awful, this is a forum. All anyone is doing with this is just trying to spark a conversation. It may not be a bright spark, but you also don't have to read it or reply to it. But replying to it, you are in a way validating and enabling these lame trade scenarios to flourish.

Just my 2 cents.
                    Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

i don't mind this trade. if taking beidrins gets us harrison i would move demar. beidrens gets burried on the bench our pf issues are settled and our sf issues are settled and someone else gets the headache of what demars next contract could end up being.

Comment

Working...
                      X