Raptors Republic 10-Year Anniversary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic 10-Year Anniversary?

I think the big 1-0 milestone is this September. Wow!

Zarar, congrats!

RR OG

Comment

10 years..... has anyone been around that long on the forums?
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
        10 years..... has anyone been around that long on the forums?
        I'm coming up on 8 years.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          I'm coming up on 8 years.
          I thought RR forum only opened in 2009, nah?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            Sounds right but my memory is awful.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Get to know!

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Nah. The undisputed #1 ESPN True Hoops Fan Network affiliate website. The Source for this forum.

Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sat Jul 29, 2017, 03:18 AM.
              RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                Yeah I think the question was just whether the site had a forum immediately upon launch or it was a later addition. From my fuzzy recollection of events (I followed over to reading RR from Arsenalist's original site right at the start) I don't think the forum launched with the site, I think it came later. But as I said above, I could well be wrong.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Wow.. time flies.

Didn't realize the site came a year before I joined. And I only came in by by accident. Was looking for Raptor sh!t online.. I was actually reading a lot of Doug Smith's stuff and couldn't stand it anymore so was looking elsewhere. Stumbled on a blog written by Eric Smith and he posted a link to an interview he had with RR. That's when I got hooked.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Wow.. time flies.

Didn't realize the site came a year before I joined. And I only came in by by accident. Was looking for Raptor sh!t online.. I was actually reading a lot of Doug Smith's stuff and couldn't stand it anymore so was looking elsewhere. Stumbled on a blog written by Eric Smith and he posted a link to an interview he had with RR. That's when I got hooked.

Keep up the good work!
                    Reading Doug's blog/articles is also what drove me deep into the bloggersphere to find real Raptors content.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Reading Doug's blog/articles is also what drove me deep into the bloggersphere to find real Raptors content.
                      Same here! I started off in the comments section of Dougs Blog, and then found out there's a better way to talk ball ... and whats funny, is I now work with Doug's wife. Haha

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Wow.. time flies.

Keep up the good work!
                        I don't even remember how I found my way here, all I know is that I've never left.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Congratulations to all. Clearly it has been the source for much information, opinion, joy and angst...eyeballs and participation as well as quality of the main page articles attest to the increased popularity.

Thanks to the many who manage this.

Comment

I came here during the 2013 draft..... as things were looking up for the Raptors & them we traded for Rudy Gay & that pissed me off.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Yeah I think the question was just whether the site had a forum immediately upon launch or it was a later addition. From my fuzzy recollection of events (I followed over to reading RR from Arsenalist's original site right at the start) I don't think the forum launched with the site, I think it came later. But as I said above, I could well be wrong.
                              The forum started when I left RaptorsForum and join the lads here. Arsenalist (Zarar) and Altraps asked me to help get things going and that was back in fall of 2009. So we'll be celebrating the forum's 10 year anniversary in a little over 2 years from now.

Comment

Working...
                              X