Upgrading to vBulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Couple issues for me with the new layout. Is it possible to go non mobile mode, and if so, how? How do i mark forums read? And is there a way to get to the main page now? So far when i push the raptors republic logo i just get brought back to forum main page, and not to site news feed.

thanks
    This has been fixed.

Comment

In the old format, on the general Forums page, there was an indication if there were unread posts in a forum, that forum would be bold or something. There doesn't appear to be an indicator anymore. Any chance that could be added?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        In the old format, on the general Forums page, there was an indication if there were unread posts in a forum, that forum would be bold or something. There doesn't appear to be an indicator anymore. Any chance that could be added?
        Oh, maybe it does? This forum is grayed out now. But I've read all the posts in Everything Raptors and it's still blue...
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Oh, maybe it does? This forum is grayed out now. But I've read all the posts in Everything Raptors and it's still blue...
          It works for me, its a bolded blue if unread, and a regular font if every post was read. When not logged in of course it shows a lot more bolded blue
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yeah, I fixed it by going into the main forum and clicking "mark as read." Seems to be working fine now.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Said elsewhere, and have found this thread now;

Lots to like, after first reluctant blush. Dark mode and more tags: dope, admins doing work: dope, Public likes: dope,

To echo some others input, top of the page 'last page' link, Larger Avatars, and no click like list; wish list.

Comment

What do people mean by the "Last Page" link? Isn't that what the "Back" button is for? Lol

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                  What do people mean by the "Last Page" link? Isn't that what the "Back" button is for? Lol
                  I think they mean if they click into a game thread that has 20 pages, there used to be a single button to go to the final page of the thread once you were in there. Now you have to click along one page at a time, or manually type in the page you want to go to.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You can now go to the main page by clicking on the RR logo. That is new to me.

Comment

I think they mean if they click into a game thread that has 20 pages, there used to be a single button to go to the final page of the thread once you were in there. Now you have to click along one page at a time, or manually type in the page you want to go to.
                      But...you dont. There is a last post button people!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

But...you dont. There is a last post button people!
                        In the thread? And even from the forum, you used to be able to go to last page without it scrolling to the bottom of that page to the last post. The pages were listed as links from the forum view IIRC.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

In the thread? And even from the forum, you used to be able to go to last page without it scrolling to the bottom of that page to the last post. The pages were listed as links from the forum view IIRC.
                          Oh yeah, not in the thread. You gotta go back to "Everything Raptors" and it goes to the last post, but there's also "last unread post" if there is new stuff. The last sentence I remember that too, it was better days then...sigh

Comment

There is a bug.. and it seems to happen with Game Day threads (although that might just be a coincidence). When you go to the "Everything Raptors" sub forum, the "last post" for the Lakers game thread shows as a Superjudge post at 11:08am EST. But that's not the last post.

If you go to the Main forum page, and since the Lakers game thread is the most current updated thread.. it shows the latest post (golden's at 4:04pm EST).

Kind of annoying.

Comment

Workaround I use for that is to go down to the bottom of the thread, and click the button to the last page. That's what I do to get to the last page. It should show you button for the first few pages, some page in the middle, and then the last page. Just click that button and you get to the last page.

Ctrl-End to get to the bottom of a page if you use a desktop/browser.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                There is a bug.. and it seems to happen with Game Day threads (although that might just be a coincidence). When you go to the "Everything Raptors" sub forum, the "last post" for the Lakers game thread shows as a Superjudge post at 11:08am EST. But that's not the last post.

If you go to the Main forum page, and since the Lakers game thread is the most current updated thread.. it shows the latest post (golden's at 4:04pm EST).

Kind of annoying.
                                Yep, 3rd time by my count, all 3 were GDTs

Comment

Working...
                                X