Upgrading to vBulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Does the "view first unread" button still exist? I don't notice it anywhere...and that button makes navigation 100% easier!
    Let us look into it. Please stand by.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post

Eat shit!!! You're old and cranky!!!
      Can't argue with that

Comment

Bigger Avatars please!! I worked too hard on mine. Haha

Comment

Are we able to change back to see who liked your posts? It was a nice feature and you knew who was on what side of a debate. And it was neat if DanH or someone just slaughtered a post you'd see a paragraph of names liking underneath
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Also, having trouble navigating to "last unread post"...both of the little blue "fast forward buttons" take you to the LAST post in the thread, but for example if there was 20 posts before that unread, you may miss them as it skips over all of them

Comment

Was there a technical reason for the upgrade to vBulletin 5? Don't like to complain usually but I really liked the older one better.

I mean I can do everything (except post twitter posts apparently) that I could do before. Just liked the look and feel of the older version of the forums better.

Comment

Is there a way to get the old desktop forum on your phone back? I appreciate the initiative but the design of the new one is pretty rough from a usability standpoint.

If not, here are my suggestions:

-Reduce the size of everything but the text. As I write this, a third of my screen is formatting buttons that I don't need on mobile. It is hard to pick out what everyone's writing as the signatures are the same size as the text and the blocks above and below are gigantic

-Make the quote option next to the like button instead of via the three dot menu. It's an extra unnecessary step for something that gets used a lot. The flag button can stay hidden in that menu.

-Overall it just feels really hard on the eyes. I don't know how you fix that but the old desktop on mobile was super easy to read and interact with.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Is there a way to get the old desktop forum on your phone back? I appreciate the initiative but the design of the new one is pretty rough from a usability standpoint.

If not, here are my suggestions:

-Reduce the size of everything but the text. As I write this, a third of my screen is formatting buttons that I don't need on mobile. It is hard to pick out what everyone's writing as the signatures are the same size as the text and the blocks above and below are gigantic

-Make the quote option next to the like button instead of via the three dot menu. It's an extra unnecessary step for something that gets used a lot. The flag button can stay hidden in that menu.

-Overall it just feels really hard on the eyes. I don't know how you fix that but the old desktop on mobile was super easy to read and interact with.
                  I know they just released an App, perhaps it's better on the App? I haven't checked since the update though, so not sure if there is a difference.

Comment

Ok the dark screen view is dope for sure. I was initially freaking out but am appreciative that you guys are trying to take the input and move it forward.
                    Change is hard. We're gonna get through this.

It's maybe been said already but I think most folks really liked the names of who were responsible for likes being listed at the bottom of a post. For example, if I got a like from T-Rex, I knew I'd probably done something heinous whereas if Joey or Dan gave me a like I could hold my head higher as I made my way through the world. (Just kidding but you get the point.) To hell with nameless, faceless likes -- we need to know who feels what.

It's funny - I hear people talking about a button that took you to the most recent unread posts... I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THAT. That sounds great. I demand that back. I can't live without it.

MUST HAVE BIGGER AVATARS. (I like that you can play with the size of your gifs though.. that's a cool addition)

I was initially ready to take this as a sign that I should leave this site behind and get some fresh air ever so often but now I'm prepared to stay here on the dark version of this platform forever.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

It's maybe been said already but I think most folks really liked the names of who were responsible for likes being listed at the bottom of a post. For example, if I got a like from T-Rex, I knew I'd probably done something heinous whereas if Joey or Dan gave me a like I could hold my head higher as I made my way through the world. (Just kidding but you get the point.) To hell with nameless, faceless likes -- we need to know who feels what.
                      This made me genuinely smile lol. Why do I picture T Rex like Wario always up to hi jinx

Comment

OK.. so I like the new format.. a little cleaner......
                        Any chance you'd consider adding a feature to determine how many posts per page one can load up ?

So far this new iternation of the app runs really well on my old Windows 7 OS
                        Same for iOS....
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          This made me genuinely smile lol. Why do I picture T Rex like Wario always up to hi jinx

You almost got a mention in there...
                          If I get a like from Keon I know the joke has landed.

(Admins... more sunglasses surface area, less forehead on that emoji please )

Comment

So im using the browser (desktop?) version on my tablet (havent tried the app yet) and i noticed that i cannot tell if i had read all the posts in a particular thread. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but previously, any thread with new posts since last log on would show up bold. That was a nice feature as well.

Comment

Please ignore my last post. I guess bold red is harder for me to differentiate than bold black!

Comment

Joey just taught me how to report a post to the mods and now the icon is gone. Does this mean we can be like teenagers with their parents gone to Florida for a month?
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X