No announcement yet.

Upgrading to vBulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to be a bug on the main page...the game thread doesnt update and you gotta click to find any of todays posts
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      I’m trying the forum on the app right now.. tried this link someone posted...

https://theundefeated.com/features/b...igerian-roots/

it took me to the page and then I could find no way back or out of it. I tried swiping every which way, tried going to the top of the page. Had to close the app and start over.

I think that’s a bit of a problem overall from the app, ease of navigating to where you’ve previously been, whether that be from within the app or being taken to a new landing article...

(thanks for your patience as I pile on the suggestions)
      As I said in the app thread, the forum integration is really weak right now with the app. Now that we're on VB5, we can start implementing a tighter integration but right now it's not great.

Comment

It's been said by others, but yeah, you need to be able to see the people who liked a post. That, IMO, is a big part of the community feel here.

I 'liked' the other posts in this thread where people said the same thing, but because it just registers a number instead of showing that I liked that post I need to make a separate post to show that I agree with them.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
          It's been said by others, but yeah, you need to be able to see the people who liked a post. That, IMO, is a big part of the community feel here.

I 'liked' the other posts in this thread where people said the same thing, but because it just registers a number instead of showing that I liked that post I need to make a separate post to show that I agree with them.
          I just "Liked" your post as did Keon. And you can't see that still? Did you click the actual number?

Comment

Doc wrote: View Post

I just "Liked" your post as did Keon. And you can't see that still? Did you click the actual number?
            When we click on who liked it says "no permission"

also very touchy, like you have to click only the left side of the number on PC or mobile app, on mobile desktop it doesnt work at all.

Comment

Doc wrote: View Post

It doesn't work for me at all. Click does nothing on the number. I thought it might be ad-block but even with that disabled it still doesn't show me. I am using Chrome (desktop) if that helps.

Comment

Also... embedded tweets still don't work. You get something ugly like this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nick Nurse says VanVleet is ahead of schedule, thinks he&#39;ll be back in the next 2 weeks, which is a couple weeks earlier than he originally expected.</p>&mdash; Josh Lewenberg (@JLew1050) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1103713242206138369?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 7, 2019</a></blockquote>
                <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Instead of the actual tweet.

Comment

Silly question but why am I seeing the mobile version on my desktop? Also, once you're on the forum page, you can't get to the main front page by clicking on the RR logo at the top

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Silly question but why am I seeing the mobile version on my desktop? Also, once you're on the forum page, you can't get to the main front page by clicking on the RR logo at the top
                    There is no real mobile version. It's all one version now. The only place I find it clean and usable is on a desktop PC computer.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

It doesn't work for me at all. Click does nothing on the number. I thought it might be ad-block but even with that disabled it still doesn't show me. I am using Chrome (desktop) if that helps.
                      Yup, exact same here. Also Chrome desktop, so maybe it's a platform specific thing?

Comment

How does one flip over to the RR main page from the Forums ... used to be clicking on the RR icon. Thks.

Comment

I don't get it how the theme devs (vBulletin) can f up so bad, over a decade in the business, yet don't introduce last page button in their newest theme version. Say whaaaat...
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I don't know if it's been mentioned before but the game threads seem to stop showing if they have new posts from the everything raptors main page. it happened with the last 2 game threads sometime after the game ends.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I'd like to say something I like about the new style in these tough times. Getting to just pick what page you want to go to in the thread is neat.

Comment

Just to echo what I think has been said above. The site used to remember the last page you were at in a thread and resumed there when you joined the thread again. Much different from going to the latest post (which may be pages on from the last post you read). I'm surprised at how much functionality is gone with the loss of that feature

Comment

Working...
                                X