Upgrading to vBulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    I'd like to say something I like about the new style in these tough times. Getting to just pick what page you want to go to in the thread is neat.
    Still needs to have page navigation (with an option to go to the last page) at the top of the thread. Right now opened thread starts at the first page and you need to scroll all the way down or enter the number manually, which is bad UX.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Still needs to have page navigation (with an option to go to the last page) at the top of the thread. Right now opened thread starts at the first page and you need to scroll all the way down or enter the number manually, which is bad UX.
      Meh, it takes two extra seconds to look what the last page is and type that in. I don't need a last page button.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post

Meh, it takes two extra seconds to look what the last page is and type that in. I don't need a last page button.
        Two extra seconds is the definition of bad UX, which I'm referring to. You may not need that but to use a keyboard to browse, that's bad and other users may not be OK with that.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

It's extra time wasted on a user to have to go to the last page manually.... I should be able to access the last page much more easily.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Are we not getting any more updates by the guys working on it? Still no "who liked" feature, links not working, other various kinks and general rough page layout

I know you guys have lives and jobs but we havent seen or heard anything in awhile. Is this..it?
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Embedding still don't work

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                They've deserted us

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  What embedding are you referring to? If you're referring to Twitter use [tweet]URL[ /tweet]

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Are we not getting any more updates by the guys working on it? Still no "who liked" feature, links not working, other various kinks and general rough page layout

I know you guys have lives and jobs but we havent seen or heard anything in awhile. Is this..it?
                    The Liked feature works fine. I clicked on this post and saw that 007 liked your post.

Comment

Doc wrote: View Post

The Liked feature works fine. I clicked on this post and saw that 007 liked your post.
                      Again, it seems to only work for you the moderator. When the rest of us click on it, it says People Who Liked: "no_permission".

As well, on the mobile desktop version, the button doesnt work at all. You just end up clicking Like to the left of it, or the 3 dots to the right of it.

Comment

Doc wrote: View Post

What embedding are you referring to? If you're referring to Twitter use [tweet]URL[ /tweet]

Awesome.. so this is new eh. So much easier than before

Can we also embed other things like Instagram or "streamable" posts?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Awesome.. so this is new eh. So much easier than before

Can we also embed other things like Instagram or "streamable" posts?

Found the answer to my own questions above.. here are all the code tags we can use with vBulletin v5:
                          http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/misc.php?do=bbcode

[ insta ]...[ /insta ] for instagram
                          [streamable]....[/streamable] for streamable links.

Can also embed things like facebook posts.

This is awesome!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Found the answer to my own questions above.. here are all the code tags we can use with vBulletin v5:
                            http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/misc.php?do=bbcode

[ insta ]...[ /insta ] for instagram
                            [streamable]....[/streamable] for streamable links.

Can also embed things like facebook posts.

This is awesome!
                            We're surviving on our own out here!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Again, it seems to only work for you the moderator. When the rest of us click on it, it says People Who Liked: "no_permission".

As well, on the mobile desktop version, the button doesnt work at all. You just end up clicking Like to the left of it, or the 3 dots to the right of it.
                              The part about everyone seeing who liked a post has been fixed.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post

The part about everyone seeing who liked a post has been fixed.
                                Big Ups! Thanks
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X