Upgrading to vBulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    There is a bug.. and it seems to happen with Game Day threads (although that might just be a coincidence). When you go to the "Everything Raptors" sub forum, the "last post" for the Lakers game thread shows as a Superjudge post at 11:08am EST. But that's not the last post.

If you go to the Main forum page, and since the Lakers game thread is the most current updated thread.. it shows the latest post (golden's at 4:04pm EST).

Kind of annoying.
    Yep, has happened for me too, on several game threads.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Workaround I use for that is to go down to the bottom of the thread, and click the button to the last page. That's what I do to get to the last page. It should show you button for the first few pages, some page in the middle, and then the last page. Just click that button and you get to the last page.

Ctrl-End to get to the bottom of a page if you use a desktop/browser.
      Oh, there are workarounds aplenty, people are just commenting on the reduction in functionality.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Oh, there are workarounds aplenty, people are just commenting on the reduction in functionality.
        Arsenalist, Doc...We can't lose DanH! This is the closest thing I've seen to him frustrated. He Stay!
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

We're working on things guys. As mentioned by others, we have work and families outside of the boards. We're getting to things as we can. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

I need your help reproducing this.

I clicked the Last Post from the "Everything Raptors" forum and it took me to this link:

Game #70: Toronto Raptors VS Detroit Pistons - 17/03/19 - 4:00PM ET - TSN
            by S.R. Today, 12:27 PM -
            https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...m-et-tsn/page4

Then I clicked the Last Post little arrow from the Everything Raptors page next to the Pistons gameday thread:
            by octothorp Today, 01:05 PM
            and it took me here:

They both took you to the last post, but they were labelled differently (one said SR had the last post, while the other said octothorp had it). The latter is correct.

Is this the bug we're referring to?

Comment

Doc / Arse.... I can't get the embed feature to work... I am bookending the copy twitter link string between
              directly in the dialouge box and its not showing the image when I post....

I tried using the old post an image icon.. and i notice a line saying you can't upload using this channel.... is there a box i need to check off somewhere in settings or my account to fix this...

I see others who have made it work.. so its clearly between the keyboard and the chair right now... any help is appreciated...
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Doc / Arse.... I can't get the embed feature to work... I am bookending the copy twitter link string between

I tried using the old post an image icon.. and i notice a line saying you can't upload using this channel.... is there a box i need to check off somewhere in settings or my account to fix this...

I see others who have made it work.. so its clearly between the keyboard and the chair right now... any help is appreciated...
                I've noticed that sometimes when I post a tweet that nothing will show up. I then edit my post, and realize the site placed a [url] code block within the [tweet] one, and that I guess messed it up. So I manually remove the [url] code blocks and the problem is fixed.

Not sure if that's your problem or not.

Comment

I've noticed that sometimes when I post a tweet that nothing will show up. I then edit my post, and realize the site placed a [url] code block within the [tweet] one, and that I guess messed it up. So I manually remove the [url] code blocks and the problem is fixed.

Not sure if that's your problem or not.
                  How do I manually remove the code block.. when I can't see the tweet .. because the app is not showing any characters in the string
                  The string being tweet and the URL and the ending of the strings /tweet.. using the brackets [ ]
                  - TGO

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post

I clicked the Last Post from the "Everything Raptors" forum and it took me to this link:

Then I clicked the Last Post little arrow from the Everything Raptors page next to the Pistons gameday thread:
                    and it took me here:

They both took you to the last post, but they were labelled differently (one said SR had the last post, while the other said octothorp had it). The latter is correct.

The bug when it has happened to me has shown a clearly active thread in plain lettering (indicating all posts have been read), not bolded like it should be, and when clicking on the "latest unread post" arrow in front of the thread title, has taken me to a post well before the posts I had already read.

Re-creating may be difficult, as most of the time this bug doesn't appear. It's only happened to me three times since the switchover.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Don't use the embedded box via Twitter. Just use [tweet]URL of that tweet[/ tweet]. Remove the space between the "/ tweet" in the last bracket and it works fine.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

The bug when it has happened to me has shown a clearly active thread in plain lettering (indicating all posts have been read), not bolded like it should be, and when clicking on the "latest unread post" arrow in front of the thread title, has taken me to a post well before the posts I had already read.

Re-creating may be difficult, as most of the time this bug doesn't appear. It's only happened to me three times since the switchover.
                        Try clicking "Mark Channels Read" on the Main Forum page. That cleaned a lot of things up for me.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Try clicking "Mark Channels Read" on the Main Forum page. That cleaned a lot of things up for me.
                          I've done that. The issue is one that pops up with specific threads (only game threads so far) at random times. Not to mention that marking everything read obviously would lose where in that thread I actually was.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Doc wrote: View Post

Don't use the embedded box via Twitter. Just use [tweet]URL of that tweet[/ tweet]. Remove the space between the "/ tweet" in the last bracket and it works fine.
                            Got it... many thanks....
                            I can now use visuals in my ongoing mission to stir up internet hate with Joey / Slaw /Rocwell / The Judge../ Keon./ PlanetMars / SR/ Golden / the actor formerly known as TRex / Goldblum / Shaolin ....you know the usual suspects.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Mar 18, 2019, 01:51 PM.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post

and it took me here:

the game thread for the Knicks game is experiencing the bug mentioned right now on my end.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• also thanks for fixing the like pop up screen but the name are in black font on a black background so you can't read the names of the poster who liked your post
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X