Upgrading to vBulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I just noticed that our like stats are gone from under our names. How am I supposed to fit all the other posters into a loose hierarchy of value?

Please bring that back if possible. Also -- larger avatars! There's room for it, at least on desktop.
    What stats are you referring to?

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post

Is this the same issue that was happening before? The one that DanH reported?
      Yep, same issue. Currently happening with the game 3 thread now.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Doc wrote: View Post

Used to be able to see how many likes a person had received.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I believe I ranked 2nd all time, behind you

but who's counting
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Ya, I'm not seeing it. Showing up fine for me at the moment. Albeit I'm using Chrome as well.
            Sorry, haven't been back to see this since I posted and nobody quoted me so I didn't get any alert.

Yeah, I said in my post, it was inthepaint's playoffs: game one thread. Strangely enough, that post as well as others appear to have been resolved on both desktop and mobile since then. Before there were just big empty spaces any time there should've been an apostrophe. I can't actually really speak to other posts, but that one is as it should be. I'd seen A LOT of them with the same problem previously as well. If I see more I'll come back here and fill you in about them.

Thanks.

I am still having the same issue that others have referred to re the game threads not updating. It's annoying cause it won't tell you there have been any new posts past page 5 or whatever, so I may think there's no activity I wanna check out, meanwhile there could have been a bunch. Also, while on desktop I can automatically skip ahead to the end once I'm in the thread, on mobile, there's no other way but to go NEXT, NEXT, NEXT, ad nauseum to get to what may or may not be new contact. Currently this is the case for Scraps Game #3 thread on both mobile and desktop, both taking you to post #193. Also, perhaps worth mentioning, it'd been happening with both Games 1 and 2 game threads, but they're back to sending you to the end. So it appears to be a problem with whichever is the most recent game thread.

Comment

I just noticed that our like stats are gone from under our names. How am I supposed to fit all the other posters into a loose hierarchy of value?

Please bring that back if possible. Also -- larger avatars! There's room for it, at least on desktop.
              Doc wrote: View Post

DanH wrote: View Post

KeonClark wrote: View Post

I believe I ranked 2nd all time, behind you

but who's counting

Part of me wonders whether those figures even exist any longer anywhere? They're not available if you go through your profile or settings.

Gonna guess they're gone?

Comment

# of posts
                # of thanks/likes

It was cool to see when you hit a milestone like 1,000 or 5,000. Also you could congratulate others on hitting milestones.

Comment

Is this the same issue that was happening before? The one that DanH reported?
                  For the record, game 3 thread is currently dealing with the same issue.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Sorry, haven't been back to see this since I posted and nobody quoted me so I didn't get any alert.

Yeah, I said in my post, it was inthepaint's playoffs: game one thread. Strangely enough, that post as well as others appear to have been resolved on both desktop and mobile since then. Before there were just big empty spaces any time there should've been an apostrophe. I can't actually really speak to other posts, but that one is as it should be. I'd seen A LOT of them with the same problem previously as well. If I see more I'll come back here and fill you in about them.

Thanks.

I am still having the same issue that others have referred to re the game threads not updating. It's annoying cause it won't tell you there have been any new posts past page 5 or whatever, so I may think there's no activity I wanna check out, meanwhile there could have been a bunch. Also, while on desktop I can automatically skip ahead to the end once I'm in the thread, on mobile, there's no other way but to go NEXT, NEXT, NEXT, ad nauseum to get to what may or may not be new contact. Currently this is the case for Scraps Game #3 thread on both mobile and desktop, both taking you to post #193. Also, perhaps worth mentioning, it'd been happening with both Games 1 and 2 game threads, but they're back to sending you to the end. So it appears to be a problem with whichever is the most recent game thread.
                    To support what GOLDBLUM brought up earlier, here's what a page inside the game thread looks like on my home PC in Chrome right now - every apostrophe replaced with a square symbol.

Haven't seen this on my other computer, so may be a Chrome version issue? But it isn't just GOLDBLUM.

twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Thanks for the screenshot Dan. Will look into this!

Comment

# of posts
                        # of thanks/likes

It was cool to see when you hit a milestone like 1,000 or 5,000. Also you could congratulate others on hitting milestones.
                        These a are gone. We're sorry but vBulletin 5 does not carry third-party plugin data and there was no newer version for that plugin. vBulletin 5 also has their own like system which will be forward compatible. I'm sorry.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Also, while on desktop I can automatically skip ahead to the end once I'm in the thread, on mobile, there's no other way but to go NEXT, NEXT, NEXT, ad nauseum
                          You shouldn't need to do that as the last number in the list should be the last page in the thread. Here's what it looks like on my phone:

9Vzxe73.jpg

Comment

To support what GOLDBLUM brought up earlier, here's what a page inside the game thread looks like on my home PC in Chrome right now - every apostrophe replaced with a square symbol.

Haven't seen this on my other computer, so may be a Chrome version issue? But it isn't just GOLDBLUM.

Thank you for reporting this. I have changed the HTML charset from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8. The latter is considered standard. Let me know if that helps (your cache may need to be cleared, but should work without that too).

Comment

For the record, game 3 thread is currently dealing with the same issue.
                              I cannot reproduce this for the life of me. If you see it happen again, just shoot me an email zarars at gmail

Comment

These a are gone. We're sorry but vBulletin 5 does not carry third-party plugin data and there was no newer version for that plugin. vBulletin 5 also has their own like system which will be forward compatible. I'm sorry.
                                So how do we know what everyone's likes are going forward? I need some small measure of validation.

Comment

Working...
                                X