Upgrading to vBulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

Turn on (or off) DST. Should fix that one.
    Yep, will do the trick. Just flagging the automatic DST doesn't work.

Comment

• Getting multiple error messages tonight trying to go between pages of a thread.

Also tried a private message and got another error that said the maximum number of characters in a PM is 1, lol.

Comment

• Couple of things -

- Possible to have the option to increase the amount of posts viewable per page? Think it's set to 25, would be nice if I could put it to 40-50 per page.
        - Guessing this has likely been mentioned so apologies if you've already answered this, at the bottom of threads you can see the next ~4 odd pages compared to the top of threads where you can either click next page or just type in the number. Would be nice if the part at the bottom was also available at the top.

Comment

• dylan123 wrote: View Post
          - Possible to have the option to increase the amount of posts viewable per page? Think it's set to 25, would be nice if I could put it to 40-50 per page.
          -
          That is done individually. So go to the top right hand corner of this page and click on your profile, the click "User Settings" and then you'll see "Conversation Detail Options". Just below there is "Post Per Page" and that is where you can select an option. I think 40 posts per page is the max.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Also tried a private message and got another error that said the maximum number of characters in a PM is 1, lol.
            Shout out to Doc for fixing the PM issue!!

Everyone give it a test, but it should be functioning properly now.

It obviously goes without saying, but we of course appreciate everyones patience as we work through some of hiccups on the new update. You guys are da real MVPs!!

Comment

• Sorry guys! I really wish we didn't have to upgrade versions but for security reasons, it was a must. Just wish I had a better grasp on it.

Comment

• Doc wrote: View Post
                Sorry guys! I really wish we didn't have to upgrade versions but for security reasons, it was a must. Just wish I had a better grasp on it.
                Hey .. question.... I tried to the "upload" function but it failed and the error message was that I am not authorized to upload a document or a picture....
                How can I do this ... or .... is this not a function you folks are going to support ?

Either way.. how to.. or no we don't do it... let me know.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Hey .. question.... I tried to the "upload" function but it failed and the error message was that I am not authorized to upload a document or a picture....
                  How can I do this ... or .... is this not a function you folks are going to support ?

Either way.. how to.. or no we don't do it... let me know.
                  What were you trying to upload? A picture?

Comment

What were you trying to upload? A picture?
                    Yes..from personal storage..it’s under the 2mb limit...
                    it renders..but when I push the post button..I get an error message saying I have no permissions to post uploaded documents...

ideas ?
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Yes..from personal storage..it’s under the 2mb limit...
                      it renders..but when I push the post button..I get an error message saying I have no permissions to post uploaded documents...

ideas ?
                      I'll take a look and report back.

Comment

I'll take a look and report back.
                        Sounds good....

I couldn’t get it to post...And then cancelled the entry...

However...Like most things men do I fiddled with it..but I didn’t make it worse.....

when I hit the restore link on the post something here box it reappeared with the pic from my personal storage in the body of the post...I hit post again and voila...it posted with the photo ...

hardly a critsit...but if there is a workaround I am all ears.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Don't want to be a dick, but I'll be one this time. Browsing the forum is still as inconvenient as it was after the new theme update, navigation/pagination is still forcing me to make 2/3 extra clicks. This has resulted in me wanting to use this forum less over these months, I'm pretty sure it has impacted forum visits negatively. Need to bring back the UX to 2019, this current theme is a step back to 2009. One of the changes is super simple, just duplicate the pagination, so it would appear at the top of the thread (instead of forcing me to type the page number).

Other changes:
                          Open the last page in the thread instead of the first
                          Add pagination (First and last 3 pages) in the threads page between statistics and topics sections (reduces 3 clicks, a win!)

That's all, this would make so much easier for us to browse. I guess not having enough time to get that done is one of the issues. Would highly suggest outsourcing someone from Upwork, I'm pretty sure a dev from Ukraine or the Philippines can get it done for a reasonable price within the budget.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                            Don't want to be a dick, but I'll be one this time. Browsing the forum is still as inconvenient as it was after the new theme update, navigation/pagination is still forcing me to make 2/3 extra clicks. This has resulted in me wanting to use this forum less over these months, I'm pretty sure it has impacted forum visits negatively. Need to bring back the UX to 2019, this current theme is a step back to 2009. One of the changes is super simple, just duplicate the pagination, so it would appear at the top of the thread (instead of forcing me to type the page number).

Other changes:
                            Open the last page in the thread instead of the first
                            Add pagination (First and last 3 pages) in the threads page between statistics and topics sections (reduces 3 clicks, a win!)

That's all, this would make so much easier for us to browse. I guess not having enough time to get that done is one of the issues. Would highly suggest outsourcing someone from Upwork, I'm pretty sure a dev from Ukraine or the Philippines can get it done for a reasonable price within the budget.
                            Please stand by!

Comment

• FYI game threads dying again, losing last post functionality.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                FYI game threads dying again, losing last post functionality.
                                Looking into this again.

Comment

Working...
                                X