• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc
    started a topic Upgrading to vBulletin 5

Upgrading to vBulletin 5

Hey guys & gals,

Just a head's up! We're going to be transitioning to the most recent version of vBulletin shortly. Within the next day or so. Just wanted to let you know in advance. Cleaner look but shouldn't be significantly different than here. For the mobile users they have a vBulletin Mobile Connect version which I personally think is much better than Tapatalk.

Anyhow, just working out a few things but will be upgraded shortly. Forum shouldn't be down for long. If at all. You might just be prompted to login again.

Cheers!!!

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Doc wrote: View Post

What were you trying to upload? A picture?
    Yes..from personal storage..it’s under the 2mb limit...
    it renders..but when I push the post button..I get an error message saying I have no permissions to post uploaded documents...

ideas ?

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Hey .. question.... I tried to the "upload" function but it failed and the error message was that I am not authorized to upload a document or a picture....
    How can I do this ... or .... is this not a function you folks are going to support ?

Either way.. how to.. or no we don't do it... let me know.
    What were you trying to upload? A picture?

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Doc wrote: View Post
    Sorry guys! I really wish we didn't have to upgrade versions but for security reasons, it was a must. Just wish I had a better grasp on it.
    Hey .. question.... I tried to the "upload" function but it failed and the error message was that I am not authorized to upload a document or a picture....
    How can I do this ... or .... is this not a function you folks are going to support ?

Either way.. how to.. or no we don't do it... let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Sorry guys! I really wish we didn't have to upgrade versions but for security reasons, it was a must. Just wish I had a better grasp on it.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Also tried a private message and got another error that said the maximum number of characters in a PM is 1, lol.
    Shout out to Doc for fixing the PM issue!!

Everyone give it a test, but it should be functioning properly now.

It obviously goes without saying, but we of course appreciate everyones patience as we work through some of hiccups on the new update. You guys are da real MVPs!!

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    dylan123 wrote: View Post
    - Possible to have the option to increase the amount of posts viewable per page? Think it's set to 25, would be nice if I could put it to 40-50 per page.
    -
    That is done individually. So go to the top right hand corner of this page and click on your profile, the click "User Settings" and then you'll see "Conversation Detail Options". Just below there is "Post Per Page" and that is where you can select an option. I think 40 posts per page is the max.

Leave a comment:

• dylan123
    replied
    Couple of things -

- Possible to have the option to increase the amount of posts viewable per page? Think it's set to 25, would be nice if I could put it to 40-50 per page.
    - Guessing this has likely been mentioned so apologies if you've already answered this, at the bottom of threads you can see the next ~4 odd pages compared to the top of threads where you can either click next page or just type in the number. Would be nice if the part at the bottom was also available at the top.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Getting multiple error messages tonight trying to go between pages of a thread.

Also tried a private message and got another error that said the maximum number of characters in a PM is 1, lol.

Leave a comment:

• dylan123
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

Turn on (or off) DST. Should fix that one.
    Yep, will do the trick. Just flagging the automatic DST doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Fuckin' piece of shit technology!!! I wish we could all go back in time to the old ESPN message boards back in the late 90's. Everything was so simpler.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Game 2 thread broken again. Seems upgrade didn't fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    dylan123 wrote: View Post
    Minor one but the GMT +10 seems to be an hour ahead of time for me - both Firefox and through the app on phone.
    Turn on (or off) DST. Should fix that one.

Leave a comment:

• dylan123
    replied
    Minor one but the GMT +10 seems to be an hour ahead of time for me - both Firefox and through the app on phone.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Thanks Arsenalist, hopefully that upgrade sorts it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X