• Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    A movie called Star Wars is out. You might give that a shot
    Scroll literally 10 posts up ... he gave a solid review. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Scroll literally 10 posts up ... he gave a solid review. Lol
      Question, when did lightsabers have owners like Harry Potter?

Comment

• Anyone see Krampus? Really wanna see that. Also Is Star Wars worth seeing if you haven't seen the others? Is there a lot I need to know

Comment

• Wanna see Hateful 8, but so busy with work. Star Wars was worth it, but of course it is not even near the best movie since Empire Strikes Back

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
            Wanna see Hateful 8, but so busy with work. Star Wars was worth it, but of course it is not even near the best movie since Empire Strikes Back
            You think it's nowhere near as good as Return of the Jedi?

Comment

• Took my family to see the new chipmunks movie; I find the chipmunks annoying. It was tolerable and my daughter loved it so money well spent.

Planning to catch the new star wars sometime over the next couple days. Hope its good.

Comment

• Saw "the big short". Reasonably well done for a complex subject. People should be in jail for that debacle.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  You think it's nowhere near as good as Return of the Jedi?
                  I feel it was a tad better than Return of the Jedi because it knew it can sell and tried not to sell on us. ie No Ewoks for the stupid kiddies, this movie let kids watch and let them figure out themselves

Comment

• Spoilers await

So I just saw the new Star Wars. It was good but not great. Some parts were great though. Don't read the rest of this post if you've not watched the movie.

First off I thought Harrison Ford did a poor job acting his way through, especially around his Leia scenes. I saw something not too long ago where he said he only came back for the pay day. Well, I believe him, that's the only believable thing we've seen from him in regards to star wars in decades.

The new stars did an excellent job on the light side.

I felt they built up Kylo Ren in the first half of the movie successfully and then ruined him for most of the second half. It looked like they redeemed him on the telegraphed Hans Solo platform death scene only to turn him into a little bitch in the forest by a teenage girl much smaller than him who had no battle training. This is the grandson of Darth Vader, and if we read between the lines was personally taught by Luke Skywalker before turning darkside and ruining Luke's Jedi academy. This was the weak part of the movie. Maybe they intentionally made him look incompetent, tearing him down to later build him up in the next movie. Hard to say.

The final scene was meh . Nice beard, Luke and now we know why you're not on the poster. I give the movie 8 out of 10.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jan 4th, 2016, 03:39 PM. Reason: Autocorrect

Comment

• Saw "the Revenant". A pretty good film....a good blend of wide vista shots of wilderness and action. Caprio was in good form and so was the bear!

If you like Woody Allen films, Irrational man is one of his better ones lately...he just directs...a light/serious time waster.

Comment

• Saw "Spectre" I think. Completely forgot the movies once the credits started rolling. It was lit well I guess

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          So I just saw the new Star Wars. It was good but not great. Some parts were great though. Don't read the rest of this post if you've not watched the movie.

First off I thought Harrison Ford did a poor job acting his way through, especially around his Leia scenes. I saw something not too long ago where he said he only came back for the pay day. Well, I believe him, that's the only believable thing we've seen from him in regards to star wars in decades.

The new stars did an excellent job on the light side.

I felt they built up Kylo Ren in the first half of the movie successfully and then ruined him for most of the second half. It looked like they redeemed him on the telegraphed Hans Solo platform death scene only to turn him into a little bitch in the forest by a teenage girl much smaller than him who had no battle training. This is the grandson of Darth Vader, and if we read between the lines was personally taught by Luke Skywalker before turning darkside and ruining Luke's Jedi academy. This was the weak part of the movie. Maybe they intentionally made him look incompetent, tearing him down to later build him up in the next movie. Hard to say.

The final scene was meh . Nice beard, Luke and now we know why you're not on the poster. I give the movie 8 out of 10.
                          He was beat by his cousin....a granddaughter of vader.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Where does it say that? Why would that matter? We're talking about a trained martial artist versus a scavenger. Before that he was dinged up by essentially some random dude who never used a sword before. Come on, admit it. It's weak writing no matter what they're setting the stage for.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Where does it say that? Why would that matter? We're talking about a trained martial artist versus a scavenger. Before that he was dinged up by essentially some random dude who never used a sword before. Come on, admit it. It's weak writing no matter what they're setting the stage for.
                              I thought the same about Kylo Ren.

But it's possible that we're just overestimating his combat skills, while underestimating Rey's force sensitivity. They sort of set the stage for the latter during that first Millennium Falcon scene, where she's all-of-sudden, without any explanation, one of the best pilots in the universe.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I thought the same about Kylo Ren.

But it's possible that we're just overestimating his combat skills, while underestimating Rey's force sensitivity. They sort of set the stage for the latter during that first Millennium Falcon scene, where she's all-of-sudden, without any explanation, one of the best pilots in the universe.
                                she learned and how to read his thoughts when he did it to her and she did it right back at him

she is crazy strong in the force. rey has skywalker blood
                                Last edited by Miekenstien; Wed Jan 6th, 2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X