The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    she learned and how to read his thoughts when he did it to her and she did it right back at him

she is crazy strong in the force. rey has skywalker blood
    That's the assumption anyways. But so does Kylo.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      That's the assumption anyways. But so does Kylo.
      But Kylo has some of that muddy solo blood in there too.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        But Kylo has some of that muddy solo blood in there too.
        Lol, true. But Rey's mom could be Jar-Jar for all we know...

Comment

she learned and how to read his thoughts when he did it to her and she did it right back at him

I read a great article yesterday making the case that she has...

...KENOBI BLOOD.

"Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Lol, true. But Rey's mom could be Jar-Jar for all we know...
            she doesn`t look jamaican to me.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              I read a great article yesterday making the case that she has...

...KENOBI BLOOD.

Link please.

Comment

Link please.
                http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-os...ushpmg00000063
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Interesting, but I'm not convinced. It reeks of desperation when you try to rely on characters' clothes being similar to prove a familial tie, lol.

Comment

I thought the same about Kylo Ren.

But it's possible that we're just overestimating his combat skills, while underestimating Rey's force sensitivity. They sort of set the stage for the latter during that first Millennium Falcon scene, where she's all-of-sudden, without any explanation, one of the best pilots in the universe.
                    In the first scene he stops a blaster beam in mid-air with the force, has a conversation, eyeballs the seemingly worst storm trooper of all time, Finn, and then walks off the set while releasing the blaster beam into some junk.

Later, right before he gets his ass whooped by Katniss --- Er, I mean Rey, he launches her like 15 feet up into a tree with the force.

The writing is just all over the place, there's no consistency in whatever it is that they're trying to establish. Did he forget how to use the force while getting schooled by someone who's never used a sword before and just out swords him without any force funny business?

He did take a blaster the was strong enough to one shot kill a storm trooper and was bleeding but come on, he's Darth Vaders grandson, trained but Luke Skywalker and then later a sith lord.

Come on Disney, if you want me to believe your space Neverland story I need a baseline.

Miekenstien wrote: View Post

There is nothing to suggest that. Ok, she can use the force. In Star Wars lore so can thousands of others in the thousands of years of Jedi. It would actually be more interesting if everyone doesn't have to be related to everyone or at least if they didn't go for the most obvious choice. Shit, make her Boba Fett's granddaughter or even better make her grandfather Sith Lord Palpatine. It would also be interesting to see Episode 8 have an original plot as opposed to a copy/paste job of Episode 4 in Episode 7...

Edit: I actually think it'll come out that Boba Fett's grandson is Poe Dameron. That's if they want to give us something a little less obvious and it fits in with the whole idea that anyone important has to be linked to someone who used to be important(weak)...

Comment

• Anybody see the New Hope vs Force comparison. Its essential just a remake with a female lead

Comment

Interesting, but I'm not convinced. It reeks of desperation when you try to rely on characters' clothes being similar to prove a familial tie, lol.
                        Hehe yeah, the author would have been better served to leave several of his points out, because they were pretty dumb. But, a bunch of what was offered there makes you go hmmmmm.
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          In the first scene he stops a blaster beam in mid-air with the force, has a conversation, eyeballs the seemingly worst storm trooper of all time, Finn, and then walks off the set while releasing the blaster beam into some junk.

Later, right before he gets his ass whooped by Katniss --- Er, I mean Rey, he launches her like 15 feet up into a tree with the force.

The writing is just all over the place, there's no consistency in whatever it is that they're trying to establish. Did he forget how to use the force while getting schooled by someone who's never used a sword before and just out swords him without any force funny business?

He did take a blaster the was strong enough to one shot kill a storm trooper and was bleeding but come on, he's Darth Vaders grandson, trained but Luke Skywalker and then later a sith lord.

Come on Disney, if you want me to believe your space Neverland story I need a baseline.

There is nothing to suggest that. Ok, she can use the force. In Star Wars lore so can thousands of others in the thousands of years of Jedi. It would actually be more interesting if everyone doesn't have to be related to everyone or at least if they didn't go for the most obvious choice. Shit, make her Boba Fett's granddaughter or even better make her grandfather Sith Lord Palpatine. It would also be interesting to see Episode 8 have an original plot as opposed to a copy/paste job of Episode 4 in Episode 7...
                          there is everything to suggest that. anakin was more powerful then both the emperor and yoda. his son was arguably as powerful as he was. kylo gets his force sensitivity from his bloodline. for rey to be naturally more powerful then kylo she needs a better pedigree.

so far 6 movies have been about anakin and the skywalker family, the parallels are all over the place. watching rey never fly a ship and then navigate the falcon through a star destroyer and get the perfect shot for finn, takes a massive inert level of the force. a level only ever seen in two people so far.

the lightsaber coming to rey instead of kylo points to a more direct link with the saber than kylo has as well as more force sensitivities.

once she drew the saber away from him his force powers were basically negated. like dooku vs yoda, knowledge of the force couldn't decide the outcome, so saber battle. judge yoda by his size do you? no, the force is his ally and a powerful ally it is. rey was losing until she trusted in the force to guide her, like luke shooting the first death star.

Comment

Skywalker blood or not, this will be a dangerous trait. What could happen, which I would like to call it out, is that Rey can fall into the dark-side and flip the whole trilogy upside down.

Many characters that were kinda cast aside will have to step up like end-of-the-bench players and find a way how to stop the dark side with everything they got, even if they have no force powers. Maybe Kylo Ren becomes the guy who ultimately decides the fate of the universe for the Light and Dark side

Comment

• Agreed. You see how eager the supreme leader was when he heard about her. And kylo clearly thought he could manipulate her as his apprentice

Comment

once she drew the saber away from him his force powers were basically negated. like dooku vs yoda, knowledge of the force couldn't decide the outcome, so saber battle. judge yoda by his size do you? no, the force is his ally and a powerful ally it is. rey was losing until she trusted in the force to guide her, like luke shooting the first death star.
                                Find me an example of a beginner with no training or guidance besting someone with training and guidance. Yoda is built up for four movies as this legendary force user before you ever see him fight in episode 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X