Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a black sheriff ??? what will they think of next

Comment

• Well look at that, it's the original Willie Wonka.

Comment

• Leo wins it!!

Comment

• LOL! Michael Keaton with a little "fuck ya" when walking up for Best Picture.

Comment

• Funny opening monologue by Chris Rock @ the Oscars....

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Funny opening monologue by Chris Rock @ the Oscars....

Louis CKs bit before presenting the Best Documentary Short Oscar was hilarious - "This Oscar is going home in a Honda Civic"

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

• Comment

Loved that he called out Jada, who seemed to start this silly protest.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I thought that was pretty funny.

"Jada boycotting the Oscars, is like me boycotting Rihana's panties ... I was never invited in the first place!"

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        He's got a lotta guts doing that opening. It is obviously a pretty dicey subject and there aren't too many comedians who could tackle it with a combination of humour, sensitivity, historical context and the reality of the nexus of art & business. He didnt back down I dont think...very edgy. Noticed Stallone wasnt too happy...and that shot at Will re the 20 mill. he made on a absolute bad movie is also part of the deal. Loved the unhooking of Ray Charles life support system one too. Classic all around. Always liked him. Wish Eddie Murphy comes back to do this.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          I thought that was pretty funny.

"Jada boycotting the Oscars, is like me boycotting Rihana's panties ... I was never invited in the first place!"
                          Haha...I actually read "parties" the first time...he could have gone "parties...er..panties" too and it would have worked.

Comment

Not sure if we have any Stephen King fans here, but looks like could FINALLY be getting a Dark Tower/Gunslinger movie!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dark-...ba-105537.html

Love the idea of Elba playing Roland as well. These are some of my favourite books ever, and the story gets WEIRD, so I'm pretty excited to see where they take this adaptation. They've been talking about a Dark Tower adaptations for probably over 10 years now, so this is good news I'd say.
                            Fully Confirmed. January 2017 release date. Very exciting!

Any Stephen King/Dark Tower fans here?

Also, with all the uproar over the #OscarsSoWhite thing, its kind of neat that they cast Elba in the role before that was even brought up about the Oscars.
                            Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 1, 2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Fully Confirmed. January 2017 release date. Very exciting!

Any Stephen King/Dark Tower fans here?

Also, with all the uproar over the #OscarsSoWhite thing, its kind of neat that they cast Elba in the role before that was even brought up about the Oscars.
                              Pretty much my fave. Pumped for the whole shebang. Hopefully the long gestation period pays off. I wonder if it will be a strict big-screen movie series, I seem to remember hearing that they were considering releasing some as television.

Sounds like they won't be starting with the Gunslinger directly. This article speculates The Wastelands, but The Drawing of the 3 (which has a lot of NYC) with flashbacks makes a lot more sense to me:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/29...ew-mcconaughey
                              Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Thu Mar 3, 2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Pretty much my fave. Pumped for the whole shebang. Hopefully the long gestation period pays off. I wonder if it will be a strict big-screen movie series, I seem to remember eharing that they were considering releasing some as television.
                                Ya that was the original Ron Howard plan, but I think that was just way too big a project, and they couldn't get the investment needed.

I think aiming for a movie series is definitely the most viable, but damn, a Dark Tower show, with production values of something like Game of Thrones would be AMAZING.

But ya, they've already changed some things around, and apparently they won't be sticking directly with the Story chronology, and with Roland being Black now, it will definitely add some interesting arcs to the story.

Comment

Working...
                                X