Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      Ex Machina - another sci-fi masterpiece. Really thought provoking.
      Love that movie. Did you watch Annihilation with Natalie Portman and Oscar Isaac? Did we talk about that one already?

My goodness that's a great movie. I'm reading the book(s) right now, and Garland did a great job of picking out the right pieces to make a great movie. He is so damn good. Right up there with Villeneuve for me.
      Last edited by Joey; Sat Aug 18th, 2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Wunnerful choices Maury... seen them all... Budapest was the unique one in there... I had to scramble to get some more with the choices you made.

Inception... this was a mind-fuck of a movie...Nolan,Leo,Tom Hardy... cant go wrong. Right.
        Avatar... my first 3D in the theatre and it was a wow for me
        The Constant Gardner.. based on a Le Carre novel w/Ralph Fiennes and a political drama
        DJango... crazy director Tarantino tried his best to violent this great movie at the end but could not
        Gladiator... a classic I think w/Russell Crowe
        Danish Girl... two of the best actors of the current crop (Vikander & Redmayne) nice screenplay
        Lost in Translation... one of Bill Murray's best

Sorry, went overboard!

I mentioned Tom Hardy... if anyone hasn't seen his Taboo tv mini-series... check it out.

I am gonna cheat (a mid 90s prod.) and add one of my all time favourites ... Pulp Fiction and add the following vid from it starring my screen love of the day... Oooma Thurman...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Love that movie. Did you watch Annihilation with Natalie Portman and Oscar Isaac? Did we talk about that one already?

My goodness that's a great movie. I'm reading the book(s) right now, and Garland did a great job of picking out the right pieces to make a great movie. He is so damn good. Right up there with Villeneuve for me.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            Wunnerful choices Maury... seen them all... Budapest was the unique one in there... I had to scramble to get some more with the choices you made.

Inception... this was a mind-fuck of a movie...Nolan,Leo,Tom Hardy... cant go wrong. Right.
            Avatar... my first 3D in the theatre and it was a wow for me
            The Constant Gardner.. based on a Le Carre novel w/Ralph Fiennes and a political drama
            DJango... crazy director Tarantino tried his best to violent this great movie at the end but could not
            Gladiator... a classic I think w/Russell Crowe
            Danish Girl... two of the best actors of the current crop (Vikander & Redmayne) nice screenplay
            Lost in Translation... one of Bill Murray's best

Sorry, went overboard!

I mentioned Tom Hardy... if anyone hasn't seen his Taboo tv mini-series... check it out.

I am gonna cheat (a mid 90s prod.) and add one of my all time favourites ... Pulp Fiction and add the following vid from it starring my screen love of the day... Oooma Thurman...

Comment

• I hope the Coen Bros live forever. A treasure. Have they ever made a "bad" movie?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                Really enjoyed the new Mission Impossible. Love how much Tom Cruise commits to his roles and stunts. Without spoiling, there is a shot where Tom Cruise jumps out of an airplane at 20,000 feet, and there aren’t any vfx, it’s all practical and in camera and it’s an incredible shot.
                Yup, I just saw Mission Impossible. Really enjoyed it.....as long as you can get past the usual crazy coincidences and 1-in-a-million happenstances that are common in spy films.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Yup, I just saw Mission Impossible. Really enjoyed it.....as long as you can get past the usual crazy coincidences and 1-in-a-million happenstances that are common in spy films.

Comment

I hope the Coen Bros live forever. A treasure. Have they ever made a "bad" movie?
                    The Coens are probably my favourite directors working right now along with Edgar Wright and Wes Anderson. They are very consistent, and have churned our plenty of great films.

Comment

• Notice a few Cruise fans here... did not see "Collateral" mentioned! I am not particularly a big fan but this and "Magnolia" I thought were solid acting jobs by him... and good directors as well.

Comment

Notice a few Cruise fans here... did not see "Collateral" mentioned! I am not particularly a big fan but this and "Magnolia" I thought were solid acting jobs by him... and good directors as well.
                        Collateral is fantastic. Good call.

People that think Tom Cruise can't act and he's just an action guy need to watch Born on the 4th of July. Tour de force by Tom in that one.

Last Samurai is one of my favourite movies of all time. Amazing movie, and he is so damn good in it

Tropic Thunder is also one of my favourite comedies of all time, and let's be real, Tom Cruise steals that movie as well.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Collateral is fantastic. Good call.

People that think Tom Cruise can't act and he's just an action guy need to watch Born on the 4th of July. Tour de force by Tom in that one.

Last Samurai is one of my favourite movies of all time. Amazing movie, and he is so damn good in it

Tropic Thunder is also one of my favourite comedies of all time, and let's be real, Tom Cruise steals that movie as well.

Comment

Notice a few Cruise fans here... did not see "Collateral" mentioned! I am not particularly a big fan but this and "Magnolia" I thought were solid acting jobs by him... and good directors as well.
                            Collateral is one of my favourite movies of all time.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Collateral is one of my favourite movies of all time.
                              Quite agree. Michael Mann the director is a good/great one who has a "way" as well. Another favourite is his "Heat"....and "Last of the Mohicans".

Comment

Quite agree. Michael Mann the director is a good/great one who has a "way" as well. Another favourite is his "Heat"....and "Last of the Mohicans".
                                I just like it because it's a 2 hour long Grant Theft Auto mission

But ya, Mann's a great director. Miami Vice was good, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X