The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    I love me some Guy Ritchie. I was hoping there would be a sequel for this film.
    Just read it may be in the works. Armie Hammer and Cavill are both game. Though I would think if he get's the Bond role, maybe that doesn't happen? Just get Richie to direct the next Bond film? Done and done. Lol

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      ehhhh... he doesn't cut it for me.

There's a lacking suave quality for me. I don't know. He's a solid actor, but there's that Bond-factor that I can't put my finger on that I feel he just doesn't have.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Just read it may be in the works. Armie Hammer and Cavill are both game. Though I would think if he get's the Bond role, maybe that doesn't happen? Just get Richie to direct the next Bond film? Done and done. Lol
        Sounds good to me

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Came across this piece rating the Coen Bros. films. As a fan, if you have not seen any of them ... try them. I rate all of their work good to great.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...rs-film-ranked
          Wow, there's a bunch I've never heard of. I've got some catching up to do!
          The Double Champ is here!
          Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
          Raptors: Larry O'Brien

Comment

You ever see "The Man from UNCLE"?

He looks damn good in a suit. I hope he's still Superman though ...
            I haven't watched that one yet... I always see it on the guide but I pass by it because I heard it's crap. Is it worth a watch?
            The Double Champ is here!
            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              I haven't watched that one yet... I always see it on the guide but I pass by it because I heard it's crap. Is it worth a watch?
              Definitely. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

• The Movie Thread

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Came across this piece rating the Coen Bros. films. As a fan, if you have not seen any of them ... try them. I rate all of their work good to great.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...rs-film-ranked
                Why do burn after reading and hail! Caesar always get so much hate as Coen brothers movies? I really enjoy both of them and think they rank very highly on their list.
                Last edited by Maury; Fri Sep 21, 2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Why do burn after reading and hail! Caesar always get so much hate as Coen brothers movies? I really enjoy both of them and think they rank very highly on their list.
                  Burn After Reading is one of my favourite on the list. So ya, I'm with you, I don't get it.

Comment

Burn after reading was hilarious... Malkovich & Pitt were especially funny... they all were.

Comment

• Anyone hear of the new Netflix series "Maniac"? It's starting today I believe and the pre release reviews are getting good to frothy write ups.

A fellow named Fukunaga directs it and also gets raves... he was just hired to direct the new Bond movie. A bit of an odd egg/geniusy type with a "do it my way" persona.

If you read about the series' content ...he was well chosen

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/9/2...one-jonah-hill

Comment

• Scorsese. De Niro. Phoenix.

This has to be good... right?

Comment

Scorsese. De Niro. Phoenix.

Wouldn't want to bump into a bad mood Joaquin... in a dark place. Notice that they decided/could not cover his cleft scar. He may well be the best Joker.

Comment

hell yeah. Joaquin is at the top the game right now.

Comment

i liked leto's joker. movie just really sucked

Comment

• The Movie Thread

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                i liked leto's joker. movie just really sucked

Comment

Working...
                                X