Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    The ultimate revenge flick though is Kill Bill.. man might watch that again this weekend now that I'm thinking about it.

I love Kill Bill, but Old Boy...

For more revenge, check out Mandy (with Nick Cage) from last year.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      My favourite revenge movie is payback. I like how he just wants his money. Mel gibson one or my favourite actors ever.
      Great filmmaker too. Insufferable person by all accounts..
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I watched this movie thinking Tom Hardy was going to be in it. Yeah really looks like him. Good movie.

If you're into revenge flicks go watch Revenge. It's a B-style movie, but a lot of fun.

I do love revenge movies, even the cheap b list ones where steven seagal or Jackie chan have been pushed to their limit.

upgrade I would say is also in the genre of "technology is dangerous" without getting into spoilers...I dunno the name of that genre but it's become a common premise in movies and tv

Comment

• My two cents on the Captain Marvel thing...

I donít like movies becoming so politicized. Iím not a fan of most super hero movies so Iím not going to see Captain Marvel. From what I can tell from reviewers I trust: the movie is not very good because of a forced agenda that supersedes story and character. I think the people on the right freaking out about the movie and rating it without seeing it are just as bad as the left saying this movie wasnít made for white men.

When a mediocre to bad movie (black panther, captain marvel) becomes the political battleground for the western world itís not a good thing. When people on the left claim itís the best movie of a generation and it gets an Oscar nomination purely due to politics there is something wrong. When a mass of incels tank a movieís rating because theyíve fallen into the trap of right wing identity politics there is something wrong.

And Brie Larson makes things a lot worse complaining about the demographics of reviewers. People love movies, theyíre an escape for many people. Telling a large portion of movie goers that they donít matter is going to make them mad. That being said, I think Brie Larson is a talented actress. Off topic but I loved her performance in Scott Pilgrim (that movie rocks by the way), and I donít think sheís a man hater. Sheís been enabled by being around people who only think the way that she does and she doesnít realize what sheís saying is wrong.

Movies should be judged on their quality alone. Not on the skin colour of a star, not on the gender of a director, not on a stupid politically motivated agenda that alienates a significant portion of a franchiseís fanbase!

Wonder Woman got next to no flack last year. It was a great movie. An inspiring hero with an engaging story that just so happened to be directed by a woman and star a woman. Gal Gadot rocked! Patty Jenkins did an excellent job! It wasnít a masterpiece but it was a great summer movie.

Thatís all I have to say about it. Iím still not even sure I want to say anything about it in fear that Iím contributing to a cesspool of opinions but I feel as though Iíve got it right on this one.

Comment

• I also saw glass a while ago and never posted about it. Iím aware of the poor reviews but I loved it. Thought it was a very good ending to a quirky trilogy and it fulfilled the vision of a writer/director that is so unique and creative only he could have done it. This movie has M. Night written all over it and I thought it was great. James McAvoy was awesome as always.

Comment

• This is getting extremely good reviews after the festival debut. Comes out March 22. Get Out was one of my favorite movies of the last 5 or 10 years, no joke. Jordan Peele is a creepy/thinker/horror genius now I'm convinced.

I will be in theaters next Friday.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                My two cents on the Captain Marvel thing...

I donít like movies becoming so politicized. Iím not a fan of most super hero movies so Iím not going to see Captain Marvel. From what I can tell from reviewers I trust: the movie is not very good because of a forced agenda that supersedes story and character. I think the people on the right freaking out about the movie and rating it without seeing it are just as bad as the left saying this movie wasnít made for white men.

When a mediocre to bad movie (black panther, captain marvel) becomes the political battleground for the western world itís not a good thing. When people on the left claim itís the best movie of a generation and it gets an Oscar nomination purely due to politics there is something wrong. When a mass of incels tank a movieís rating because theyíve fallen into the trap of right wing identity politics there is something wrong.

And Brie Larson makes things a lot worse complaining about the demographics of reviewers. People love movies, theyíre an escape for many people. Telling a large portion of movie goers that they donít matter is going to make them mad. That being said, I think Brie Larson is a talented actress. Off topic but I loved her performance in Scott Pilgrim (that movie rocks by the way), and I donít think sheís a man hater. Sheís been enabled by being around people who only think the way that she does and she doesnít realize what sheís saying is wrong.

Movies should be judged on their quality alone. Not on the skin colour of a star, not on the gender of a director, not on a stupid politically motivated agenda that alienates a significant portion of a franchiseís fanbase!

Wonder Woman got next to no flack last year. It was a great movie. An inspiring hero with an engaging story that just so happened to be directed by a woman and star a woman. Gal Gadot rocked! Patty Jenkins did an excellent job! It wasnít a masterpiece but it was a great summer movie.

Thatís all I have to say about it. Iím still not even sure I want to say anything about it in fear that Iím contributing to a cesspool of opinions but I feel as though Iíve got it right on this one.
                Well said. Agreed.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  This is getting extremely good reviews after the festival debut. Comes out March 22. Get Out was one of my favorite movies of the last 5 or 10 years, no joke. Jordan Peele is a creepy/thinker/horror genius now I'm convinced.

It's an interesting premise. When I first saw the teaser it looked like one of the home invasion style horror movies but the extended trailer is much clearer. Probably wait for it to come out in digital....

Comment

• Comment

This is getting extremely good reviews after the festival debut. Comes out March 22. Get Out was one of my favorite movies of the last 5 or 10 years, no joke. Jordan Peele is a creepy/thinker/horror genius now I'm convinced.

This looks cool. When peele had his comedy show i though he was the talentless one. But he has done great.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

This looks cool. When peele had his comedy show i though he was the talentless one. But he has done great.
                        Hard to believe to me was a comedian first, cause I hadn't heard of Key and Peele. Seems his true calling is to be the black modern day Wes Craven/Hitchcock

Or like Tyler Perry if he was good, smart, and scary.

Comment

Hard to believe to me was a comedian first, cause I hadn't heard of Key and Peele. Seems his true calling is to be the black modern day Wes Craven/Hitchcock

Lol at tyler perry

Comment

Iíd love to see him take on other Genres just because in the film community horror is unfortunately looked down upon. That being said Peele has been getting a lot of respect for being a very good writer/director. I think whatís incredible is his writing though. Get Out was a really tight script; very efficient and effective. The direction and style are a little lacking if you ask me but his writing is top notch. Iíd love to see him develop his own style a little more.

Heís had an incredible start to his career and fortunately heís young enough to really build a strong body of work if he can stay consistent and with his writing chops I donít see why he wonít be able to pump out a great movie every couple of years.

Comment

• Speaking of Mel Gibson:

I'm intrigued. Oxford Dictionary: The Epic Drama.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                My two cents on the Captain Marvel thing...

Fair enough, except 1) I don't know that Brie Larson said anything "wrong"; 2) Black Panther was pretty good, even if the hype/Oscar nom was OTT; and 3) this is technically the first movie of this franchise and as such it can set its own direction.

We can leave it there, wouldn't want to get too political. I haven't actually seen the movie yet, although I've heard its not actually very political at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X