Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leaving Neverland. I knew MJ was a weird guy with a predilection for young boys...but this is pretty disturbing stuff.

    (I've only watched Part 1)

    Comment


    • I think I'll watch this one tonight, supposed to be hilarious.



      (From the writer/creator/director of In the Loop, VEEP, The Thick of It)

      Comment


      • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Leaving Neverland. I knew MJ was a weird guy with a predilection for young boys...but this is pretty disturbing stuff.

        (I've only watched Part 1)
        It's a bullshit fucking documentary. Whether or not its true, the testimony of 2 known idiots who are racking up 15 minutes of fame, when they spent their ENTIRE lives saying the opposite, right around 10 year anniversary after the death of wacko jacko, taken as gospel to spit on his grave.

        He had his day in court. FUCKING FBI COURT. NO conviction. But yeah now lets drag him out of his coffin to call him a pedo all over again because 2 random dudes with sketchy stories who have been in LA chasing fame their entire lives struck a deal with Netflix. No problem.
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post

          It's a bullshit fucking documentary. Whether or not its true, the testimony of 2 known idiots who are racking up 15 minutes of fame, when they spent their ENTIRE lives saying the opposite, right around 10 year anniversary after the death of wacko jacko, taken as gospel to spit on his grave.

          He had his day in court. FUCKING FBI COURT. NO conviction. But yeah now lets drag him out of his coffin to call him a pedo all over again because 2 random dudes with sketchy stories who have been in LA chasing fame their entire lives struck a deal with Netflix. No problem.
          You say that like documentaries can't reveal important truths.

          MJ doesn't care. He's dead. His victims are very much alive - and court is not the only place victims get to tell their stories.

          It was abundantly clear before this documentary he was a pedophile, with children a mainstay of his entourage - with red flags, allegations, and stories from the likes of his former manager galore. Now it's abundantly clear he's a pederast. Deal with it.

          (Sorry, apparently entertainment is inherently political)
          Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Fri Mar 15th, 2019, 05:25 PM.

          Comment


          • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

            You say that like documentaries can't reveal important truths.

            MJ doesn't care. He's dead. His victims are very much alive - and court is not the only place victims get to tell their stories.

            It was abundantly clear before this documentary he was a pedophile, with children a mainstay of his entourage - with red flags, allegations, and stories from the likes of his former manager galore. Now it's abundantly clear he's a pederast. Deal with it.

            (Sorry, apparently entertainment is inherently political)
            Abundantly clear? "Clear" in this context is another word for "fact". I like facts. They're backed up with evidence, real, tangible proof. Red flags? Entourage? Allegations? Stories? What's next, he "looked creepy"? Put down the National Enquirer, Gossip Girl.

            The FBI raided his home and found zero evidence. Sheriffs office. 14 Charges, BEAT.

            OH you say, but then why are parents accusing a multi millionaire of this? And settling? For 23 million? Instead of pursuing charges? Or did I answer that with further questions already?

            That dude was freaky weirdo no question. He looked the part. He hung out with kids. Another possible reason he hung out with kids? He never was a kid. And he couldn't stand adults, the ones who exploited and used him and turned him into that freaky weirdo.

            Every person out there accused of something horrible is always hung by the court of public opinion. "He's a rapist. Deal with it".."He's an abuser. Deal with it". I like the court of law more in this instance.
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • James Gunn rehired by Disney to finish Guardians Trilogy. Interesting. Good move by Disney, that I expect has been in the running for a while now. Gunn is a solid example of someone course correcting themselves, and owning their past behaviour. Glad this worked itself out. Not too many Directors get to complete a Trilogy these days.

              Comment


              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Abundantly clear? "Clear" in this context is another word for "fact". I like facts. They're backed up with evidence, real, tangible proof. Red flags? Entourage? Allegations? Stories? What's next, he "looked creepy"? Put down the National Enquirer, Gossip Girl.

                The FBI raided his home and found zero evidence. Sheriffs office. 14 Charges, BEAT.

                OH you say, but then why are parents accusing a multi millionaire of this? And settling? For 23 million? Instead of pursuing charges? Or did I answer that with further questions already?

                That dude was freaky weirdo no question. He looked the part. He hung out with kids. Another possible reason he hung out with kids? He never was a kid. And he couldn't stand adults, the ones who exploited and used him and turned him into that freaky weirdo.

                Every person out there accused of something horrible is always hung by the court of public opinion. "He's a rapist. Deal with it".."He's an abuser. Deal with it". I like the court of law more in this instance.
                Leaving Neverland features plenty of evidence, in the form of interviews with abuse victims - a form of evidence often used in court cases. The FBI also found plenty of evidence of their own: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...innocence.html

                Anyways, I'll stop hijacking the thread with discussion of this one documentary.

                Comment


                • My problem with neverland rewriting history is the accused is no longer alive to defend himself. When he was he alive and charged he was freed.

                  as far as i am concerned jacko is a weirdo, probably a homosexual pedophile, but i see no evidence of him being an homosexual pedophilic rapist.

                  to me, neverland is just one side of the story and we can never actually know the truth. I don't think that radio and sports facilities should stop playing his music, but i understand their right and choice to do it.

                  there was no downside for the leaving neverland accusers to accuse. They gained monetarily, and the only person who can refute them is dead.

                  Comment


                  • Comment


                    • https://www.vibe.com/2019/03/michael...ainst-accusers

                      says thinking about it. They are probably losing a lot of money with his music being pulled from sports events.

                      Comment


                      • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

                        Fair enough, except 1) I don't know that Brie Larson said anything "wrong"; 2) Black Panther was pretty good, even if the hype/Oscar nom was OTT; and 3) this is technically the first movie of this franchise and as such it can set its own direction.

                        We can leave it there, wouldn't want to get too political. I haven't actually seen the movie yet, although I've heard its not actually very political at all.

                        Comment


                        • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          My problem with neverland rewriting history is the accused is no longer alive to defend himself. When he was he alive and charged he was freed.

                          as far as i am concerned jacko is a weirdo, probably a homosexual pedophile, but i see no evidence of him being an homosexual pedophilic rapist.

                          to me, neverland is just one side of the story and we can never actually know the truth. I don't think that radio and sports facilities should stop playing his music, but i understand their right and choice to do it.

                          there was no downside for the leaving neverland accusers to accuse. They gained monetarily, and the only person who can refute them is dead.
                          If y'all do a little research you'd find out that MJ was completely innocent. He was the most famous and powerful celeb to ever live, and with that came a lot of enemies and leaches. He was too nice to certain people and that led to all this. There's court documents showing all the evidence presented in the trial, and the FBI's 10 year search led to nothing but a art magazine featuring some kids in it, would hardly consider that child porn.

                          The Chandler kid admitted that he lied because his father wanted money from MJ, his father then killed himself from guilt following MJ's unfortunate death. His body guards have seen MJ make out with multiple women in the back of his car, as well as having many women over during his heyday (definitely not homosexual). His former lawyer, who HAS NOT been employed by the Jackson fam since 2005, has repeatedly defended MJ as well as every person who has ever been in contact with him.

                          MJ owns or owned 50% of Sony's catalog, including the Beatles. MJ repeatedly said "they want my catalog". I'm not sure if I believe that conspiracy but I would not be surprised. The lengths that people go for money and power should not be underestimated. MJ was an easy target because of how weird he was due to his tragic upbringing. The dude was a great guy and a once in a century type talent, we won't see anyone like him again for a long time, if ever.

                          Comment


                          • She was talking about A Wrinkle in Time! You think that movie is made for 40-year old white dudes?

                            This is the first movie in the Captain Marvel series, and it pretty much just dominated the box office.

                            Comment


                            • Got tickets to see a pre-screening of Shazam next weekend, 2 weeks ahead of release. Pumped! Think it's going to be a blast.

                              Comment


                              • Joey wrote: View Post
                                Got tickets to see a pre-screening of Shazam next weekend, 2 weeks ahead of release. Pumped! Think it's going to be a blast.
                                That's awesome, super stoked about shazam. Finally someone making a captain marvel movie, lol. Haven't seen the trailers, just the poster. Is black Adam the bad guy, my guess is yes, also a cool character. Billy has a chance to make or break the movie, in my opinion.

                                I'm starting to wish that instead of trailors for new superheroes we should get mini episodes that explain the origins.

                                don't need 45 minutes of sad nobody loves me billy, until he gets magic.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X