Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Googles Shazam...

hmm..a superhero...intrigued I guess

...awww a DC superhero...
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Googles Shazam...

hmm..a superhero...intrigued I guess

...awww a DC superhero...
      Lol Whatever man, DC Heroes/Villains > Marvel Heroes/Villains.

Comment

• Tried watching Aquaman this weekend.. couldn't get through it. CGI has just become so watered down for me. The acting was terrible. The story seemed predictable. Momoa's take on Arthur Curry was fun.. but why portray him like superman? Since when can Aquaman absorb bullets? Like is that for real?

Like I said.. I couldn't get through it. I might finish it just so I can say I watched the whole thing.

But wow "popcorn" flicks these days have become so bad. Maybe I'm just getting older.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Tried watching Aquaman this weekend.. couldn't get through it. CGI has just become so watered down for me. The acting was terrible. The story seemed predictable. Momoa's take on Arthur Curry was fun.. but why portray him like superman? Since when can Aquaman absorb bullets? Like is that for real?

Like I said.. I couldn't get through it. I might finish it just so I can say I watched the whole thing.

But wow "popcorn" flicks these days have become so bad. Maybe I'm just getting older.
          I side with the red planet on this one. The only watchable big budget movies these days is the marvel universe because they have the formula down pat and the exact perfect amount of comedy

but most wide release movies are remakes, reboots, sequels, and adaptations, and most of those are complete trash. It's a sad state.

Comment

Tried watching Aquaman this weekend.. couldn't get through it. CGI has just become so watered down for me. The acting was terrible. The story seemed predictable. Momoa's take on Arthur Curry was fun.. but why portray him like superman? Since when can Aquaman absorb bullets? Like is that for real?

As a counter-point this has become a golden era for "genre films" - horror, smaller budget sci-fi, etc - with a little more intelligence and artistry and a little less popcorn. Examples are movies like Get Out, It Follows, The Witch, Ex Machina, Annihilation, Mandy, and Arrival.

Here's one coming out this year, Captive State:

Comment

• If you were considering watching this one, do it. Fantastic film-making, dark comedy.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

As a counter-point this has become a golden era for "genre films" - horror, smaller budget sci-fi, etc - with a little more intelligence and artistry and a little less popcorn. Examples are movies like Get Out, It Follows, The Witch, Ex Machina, Annihilation, Mandy, and Arrival.

This year is very promising..ensemble casts for tarantino and scorcese originals based on real events, the new Jordan Peele..and actually even a lot of the reboots and sequels have me excited: avengers end game, lion king, Aladdin, Toy story 4

Comment

If you were considering watching this one, do it. Fantastic film-making, dark comedy.

That was a good movie. The actress who played the queen I believe won an oscar. Well deserved IMO (although I don't really care for awards).

Comment

Didn't understand the hype around "Get Out". It was okay.. not something I would rewatch anytime soon. It Follows (AKA "the STD horror) was pretty interesting too.. mainly from its originality. I love "the Witch". Great movie!. Annhilation was okay. Again a bit overrated in my opinion. Arrival was really good. I'm not a huge Amy Adams fan but she was great.. she was also really good in "Sharp Objects", although I don't think many liked that (I did). Haven't seen Ex Machina or Mandy. Isn't Ex Machina a remake or a sequel or something? I've heard a lot of good things about it. Is it a Spanish movie? I hate subtitles.

You were telling me about Mandy earlier. Nick Cage has become a parody. So not sure.. but when I'm looking for something new I'll keep an eye out for it.

Comment

Didn't understand the hype around "Get Out". It was okay.. not something I would rewatch anytime soon. It Follows (AKA "the STD horror) was pretty interesting too.. mainly from its originality. I love "the Witch". Great movie!. Annhilation was okay. Again a bit overrated in my opinion. Arrival was really good. I'm not a huge Amy Adams fan but she was great.. she was also really good in "Sharp Objects", although I don't think many liked that (I did). Haven't seen Ex Machina or Mandy. Isn't Ex Machina a remake or a sequel or something? I've heard a lot of good things about it. Is it a Spanish movie? I hate subtitles.

You were telling me about Mandy earlier. Nick Cage has become a parody. So not sure.. but when I'm looking for something new I'll keep an eye out for it.
                      Ex Machina is awesome. It's not a Spanish movie, it stars Alicia Vikander, Domnhall Gleason and Oscar Isaac. It's a sci-fi thriller/thinker and it's tremendous.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ex Machina is an original from screenwriter Alex Garland - 28 Days Later, Sunshine - his directorial debut, not Spanish.

Nick Cage as parody works in Mandy - it's a bit Evil Dead if you get my meaning.

How often do you rewatch horror movies? I don't know if I ever have...

Comment

Ex Machina is an original from screenwriter Alex Garland - 28 Days Later, Sunshine - his directorial debut, not Spanish.

Nick Cage as parody works in Mandy - it's a bit Evil Dead if you get my meaning.

Get Out is great the 2nd time, once you know all the twists. Then you notice the sly direction and misdirections.

People call it a "horror" but I dont categorize it as that per se. It's more a thriller/mystery type deal to me, with social commentary, in the vein of like a Twilight Zone

Comment

I re-watch horrors all the time.. I guess it depends on my mood. In October/November I'm probably watching 4-5 horror movies a week. Sometimes I'm paying attention. Others they are just on in the background. Get Out didn't interest me enough to re-watch.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Ex Machina is awesome. It's not a Spanish movie, it stars Alicia Vikander, Domnhall Gleason and Oscar Isaac. It's a sci-fi thriller/thinker and it's tremendous.
                              Yeah just saw the trailer.. has the guy from that one decent episode of Black Mirror in it. Cool, might check it out now.

Comment

• Canít wait for Knives Out from Rian Johnson. A murder mystery from Johnson? Yes please. Cast looks incredible. Brick is one of my all time favourites, hopefully this one is a noire too but Iíll take a straight up whodunnit if thatís what itís gonna be. Also really excited for Denis Villeneuveís Dune. Thatís a big budget that I can get behind. Cast is amazing and Villeneuve hit BR2049 out of the park and into the parking lot. And although Hereditary was a little disappointing due to all the hype for me, Iím very excited for Arri Asterís Midsommar. A horror movie in the middle of the summer, bright colours and wide open nature spaces. Itís an interesting take on the genre.

All the movies previously mentioned are also ones Iím excited for.

Comment

Working...
                                X