Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Just saw shazam. Small town China, 5 people in the whole theater. Liked it. Thought the end was a bit lame, but the movie was good. Kids were good. Nice bit of bright in the DC world. Decent movie.
    ***SPOILERS***

Was it the Marvel Family (Shazam Family?) stuff you thought was lame? That part (and when they yell "Billy!" instead of "Shazam!"; which I thought was hysterical) probably got one of the best reactions in the theater. That, the "big bad guy speech" part, and and the convenience store "Shoot me in the face!!" part. Lol (Ooo and the strip club scene .. forgot that one ...)

I think this movie goes on to become a Family Holiday Classic (don't know why it was released in April, when it's clearly a holiday movie ...) Lol

And what's the deal with that "P Storm" movie in China? How did it beat Shazam?! It looks terrible! Lol
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 8th, 2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Just saw shazam. Small town China, 5 people in the whole theater. Liked it. Thought the end was a bit lame, but the movie was good. Kids were good. Nice bit of bright in the DC world. Decent movie.
      "small town China" ..population: 8 million
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

"small town China" ..population: 8 million
        1.5, lol.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

***SPOILERS***

Was it the Marvel Family (Shazam Family?) stuff you thought was lame? That part (and when they yell "Billy!" instead of "Shazam!"; which I thought was hysterical) probably got one of the best reactions in the theater. That, the "big bad guy speech" part, and and the convenience store "Shoot me in the face!!" part. Lol (Ooo and the strip club scene .. forgot that one ...)

I think this movie goes on to become a Family Holiday Classic (don't know why it was released in April, when it's clearly a holiday movie ...) Lol

And what's the deal with that "P Storm" movie in China? How did it beat Shazam?! It looks terrible! Lol
          shazam family. i thought them all yelling billy was hilarious too. biggest laugh for me was the dog.

chinese people like chinese stuff, unless it is goods, or food

Comment

• Here's a "reboot" I'm ok with, since this take is actually the closest we've seen to the original material.

Comment

• And here it is .... "The Rise of Skywalker" ...

Thoughts on the name?

Comment

And here it is .... "The Rise of Skywalker" ...

Thoughts on the name?
                At what point is over saturated even for the fans? A spin off every year now. The old man who yells at clouds in me thinks the original 3 should have been frozen in time. But I understand the concept of "Disney liked money"...but I just remember even in the 90s and 00s star wars releases were a special event.
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

At what point is over saturated even for the fans? A spin off every year now. The old man who yells at clouds in me thinks the original 3 should have been frozen in time. But I understand the concept of "Disney liked money"...but I just remember even in the 90s and 00s star wars releases were a special event.
                  I don't know man ... if "Superhero fatique" still isn't a thing, then I'm not sure 5 movies over 5 years will have the most hardcore of hardcore nerd cultures complaining - especially after having to wait 20 years for anything at all, and only getting the god awful Prequels. Lol

Comment

And here it is .... "The Rise of Skywalker" ...

Thoughts on the name?
                    Makes me think Disney isn't done with Luke just yet?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Makes me think Disney isn't done with Luke just yet?
                      You would think that, Skywalker. Lol

Comment

I don't know man ... if "Superhero fatique" still isn't a thing, then I'm not sure 5 movies over 5 years will have the most hardcore of hardcore nerd cultures complaining - especially after having to wait 20 years for anything at all, and only getting the god awful Prequels. Lol
                        Episode 3 was great, just ruined by "I have the high ground".

episode 2 gave us the awesome visual of Yoda mind forcing his lightsaber into his hand.

episode 1 gave us the most suspenseful "will he win, won't he" pod race ever on film.

so far the worst star wars movies have been rogue 1, and episode 8. I liked the force awakens, and thought solo was fine. They just tried to get as many references in to solo as they could.
                        Last edited by Miekenstien; Tue Apr 16th, 2019, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• Kylo is a sith. Siths lie, they are jealous small creatures. So him trying his best to make ren think she is useless, and worthless, is trying to stop her from having what he wants. He wants luke to be his daddy so bad, he killed his own daddy.

I think the title is because she is a Skywalker. If it is true they should have gotten it out in episode 7.

Comment

Episode 3 was great, just ruined by "I have the high ground".

episode 2 gave us the awesome visual of Yoda mind forcing his lightsaber into his hand.

episode 1 gave us the most suspenseful "will he win, won't he" pod race ever on film.

so far the worst star wars movies have been rogue 1, and episode 8. I liked the force awakens, and thought solo was fine. They just tried to get as many references in to solo as they could.
                            The prequels stunk, just horrendous writing and movie-making. Episode 1 was probably the best of the 3, and fans HATED IT. I had high hopes for Episode 3, but it was the last straw for me (in how I viewed the prequels).

What a joke:

(I fully realize part of this is me being a whiny fanboy just like the whiny fanboys I rail against that rail against the TFA)
                            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Apr 16th, 2019, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Another Avengers trailer.. pretty good one.

22 years in the making.. pretty incredible.

Comment

• Loved the Last Jedi and really enjoyed solo. I'm down for any star wars movie especially from Rian Johnson at this point.

Finally got to Paul Schrader's First Reformed. Long story short it was incredible.

***SPOILERS***

As a Christian, I'm not sure I like the message the movie sends. I don't have problems with the Climate Change thing, it's more the overarching statements about faith as a whole. I can get behind the Pastor who's lost his way but I get the feeling that Schrader is making a statement about the hypocrisy of Christian people and I think it's a pretty blatant misrepresentation of the people he's criticizing.

Also, the ending, although well executed, doesn't quite do it for me. I appreciate that Schrader is defying our expectations and it still offers thematic closure but it just didn't feel quite right to me.

***SPOILERS OVER***

All in all, this movie should have been nominated for best picture and maybe won it. Ethan Hawke gives the performance of his life and didn't even get nominated. To me, he easily wins it over Malek. This is gonna be one of those years we look back on and think "wow, they really messed that one up." First Reformed is a modern day masterpiece and an instant classic.

Comment

Working...
                                X