Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't have asked for a more satisfying finale. Absolutely incredible. I have some nit-picks, but who cares - I had the biggest, nerdiest smile on my face the whole time ...except for those times that I was crying ... Lol

Comment

• Wife and I saw Endgame on Saturday, then saw the Raptors win Saturday night. It was a great Saturday!

Funny enough - we're actually going to watch it again this Saturday as part of a large group of 22, but we couldn't wait until then to watch it, so we watched it solo ahead of time.

That being said, I thought the movie was great, but I thought Infinity War was better. Also, I haven't seen all of the Marvel movies, and I prefer DC movies.

Comment

• Guys, we totally missed that Denis Villeneuves "Dune" started filming last month!! And Hanz Zimmer is scoring it!! It's actually happening!!

http://collider.com/dune-movie-filming-cast-synopsis/long time to get a good Dune movie.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Guys, we totally missed that Denis Villeneuves "Dune" started filming last month!! And Hanz Zimmer is scoring it!! It's actually happening!!

http://collider.com/dune-movie-filming-cast-synopsis/long time to get a good Dune movie.
          The Space Network's Dune mini-series was pretty good as I remember it. The original movie has its charms, too. I admit I am surprised they are re-making this material cause it isn't exactly a mainstream franchise.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The Space Network's Dune mini-series was pretty good as I remember it. The original movie has its charms, too. I admit I am surprised they are re-making this material cause it isn't exactly a mainstream franchise.
            But it should be.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It certainly used to be more mainstream back in the 60's from what I understand (granted, I wasn't there ... Lol), though obviously not quite on the level of say Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, but in terms of "world building" I'd say Dune is right there with the best of them, including LOTR. The books are Dense, and probably not really meant to be adapted, but if planned properly and given the right amount of room to breathe, the movies could be really good.

Comment

• I Love Leo:

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  I Love Leo:
                  I love Leo, but love Quentin even more.
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• Finally got around to Shoplifters (2018) last night. It was a beautiful film, couldn't recommend enough. It's on Netflix and I advise everyone to watch it.

Comment

• Speaking of excellent Asian films from 2018, this is supposed to be one of that year's best, also on Netflix:

Comment

• Comment

• Stephen King coming up on 300 'Writer' credits at IMDB.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            Speaking of excellent Asian films from 2018, this is supposed to be one of that year's best, also on Netflix:

I watched this a couple of days ago and was somewhat disappointed with it. I felt there wasn't enough of a thematically satisfying ending, although I feel like it may have gone over my head a little. Sometimes, I watch movies and I might just not be ready to engage with them very well, whether a particular theme or meaning simply doesn't resonate with me that day. Burning is definitely one that will need a re-watch for me in a couple of months. I do think that ambiguity is something that when used effectively can really bolster a movie's longevity, re-watchability, and overall depth. That being said, there's a fine line between ambiguity that serves the themes of the story and ambiguity that does a disservice to the intended narrative. There needs to be thematic closure, not necessarily narrative closure. Burning is a movie that feels a little hollow for me on the first watch, even though I understand what the movie is trying to say. I just feel it didn't say it that well.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

I watched this a couple of days ago and was somewhat disappointed with it. I felt there wasn't enough of a thematically satisfying ending, although I feel like it may have gone over my head a little. Sometimes, I watch movies and I might just not be ready to engage with them very well, whether a particular theme or meaning simply doesn't resonate with me that day. Burning is definitely one that will need a re-watch for me in a couple of months. I do think that ambiguity is something that when used effectively can really bolster a movie's longevity, re-watchability, and overall depth. That being said, there's a fine line between ambiguity that serves the themes of the story and ambiguity that does a disservice to the intended narrative. There needs to be thematic closure, not necessarily narrative closure. Burning is a movie that feels a little hollow for me on the first watch, even though I understand what the movie is trying to say. I just feel it didn't say it that well.
                              I'll have to actually watch it and then I can also have an opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X