Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    OH snap ...
    Almost every trailer starts with those lines these days. Two washed up buddies looking at each other going "one last time? One last time." lol

It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Almost every trailer starts with those lines these days. Two washed up buddies looking at each other going "one last time? One last time." lol
      Like my men's hockey team every year..... and every year is worse than the last.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Like my men's hockey team every year..... and every year is worse than the last.
        Is why some of the more intriguing "movies" are being developed for TV viewing... not so much the 5-6 season serial stuff but the <5 episode productions. Some of the better acting talent is gravitating there as well. Seems like just the Marvel stuff and the like is showing up in the theatre venues. Netflix, Amazon etc have changed the landscape.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Is why some of the more intriguing "movies" are being developed for TV viewing... not so much the 5-6 season serial stuff but the <5 episode productions. Some of the better acting talent is gravitating there as well. Seems like just the Marvel stuff and the like is showing up in the theatre venues. Netflix, Amazon etc have changed the landscape.
          It's a couple years old, but it still holds up pretty good...

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It's a couple years old, but it still holds up pretty good...
            Yep... it's pitiful ... the bean counters are running the studios and probably using analytics to decide content. The Weinstein brothers actually made some good movies and upped the producing game in Hollywood ... but who knew about Harvey who couldn't keep his penis under control?

I am good though ... going to the movie theater is an expensive proposition now as a family... and one can setup a pretty decent audio-video system at home now. With the non-Hollywood production companies in the game now ... I am good with watching a good flick or binge on a short serial at home with the bbq & refrig. nearby. Wont be surprised if the SilverCity behemoths go the way of the drive-ins pretty soon.

Comment

Yep... it's pitiful ... the bean counters are running the studios and probably using analytics to decide content. The Weinstein brothers actually made some good movies and upped the producing game in Hollywood ... but who knew about Harvey who couldn't keep his penis under control?

I am good though ... going to the movie theater is an expensive proposition now as a family... and one can setup a pretty decent audio-video system at home now. With the non-Hollywood production companies in the game now ... I am good with watching a good flick or binge on a short serial at home with the bbq & refrig. nearby. Wont be surprised if the SilverCity behemoths go the way of the drive-ins pretty soon.
              I miss in the drive in movie. Its due for a renaissance.

Sure, everybody knows we can set up a system in our basement these days and never have to interact with anyone...but still..its nice getting out sometimes, aint it?
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I miss in the drive in movie. Its due for a renaissance.

Sure, everybody knows we can set up a system in our basement these days and never have to interact with anyone...but still..its nice getting out sometimes, aint it?
                They still exist! There's a few around Toronto at least. VW does free passes to Drive-Ins for customers that sign up every Summer.

Comment

They still exist! There's a few around Toronto at least. VW does free passes to Drive-Ins for customers that sign up every Summer.
                  I have one not too far just north of Newmarket ... used to go maybe a couple of times/year but they show schlocky stuff mostly now.

Comment

• I am fully on board with the resurgence of Shia. He's one of the best we have today:

Comment

• I'm a sucker for Sandler in Dramatic roles:

Comment

I'm a sucker for Sandler in Dramatic roles:
                        Not a Sandler fan. But I saw "Gems" and reminded me about a similarly themed movie which is a bit of a favorite. "Snatch". With Brad Pitt in a weird role as a gypsy character in London and it's hilarious/fun. Give it a watch if u haven't seen it. Guy Ritchie directs.

Comment

Not a Sandler fan. But I saw "Gems" and reminded me about a similarly themed movie which is a bit of a favorite. "Snatch". With Brad Pitt in a weird role as a gypsy character in London and it's hilarious/fun. Give it a watch if u haven't seen it. Guy Ritchie directs.
                          Snatch is one of my favourite movies. And Pitt as the Pikey is one of his best ever. Makes me want to see this even more! When did you see it? I didn't think it was out?

Comment

Snatch is one of my favourite movies. And Pitt as the Pikey is one of his best ever. Makes me want to see this even more! When did you see it? I didn't think it was out?
                            I think he's referring to Snatch, maybe he just saw the trailer for Uncut Gems? I'm pretty sure Snatch is my favorite movie of all time, I watch it every time I see it on TV, wherever I pick it up from and still quote it probably daily. Same with Get Shorty and Dark Knight Rises, I can't resist those 3 movies.
                            The Double Champ is here!
                            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

Comment

I was referring to the word "Gems" on your trailer link (no I haven't seen it but looks it may have some funny parts to it. There were a host of characters in Snatch who provided chuckles. "Lock, Stock & Smoking barrels" is another one lol.

Comment

• Saw Ad Astra in Imax. Lots of emotional dudes leaving the theatre. I thought it was pretty good, not quite the best of the year, however. Very excited for Joker next week.

I also saw It Chapter 2 and it was awful! Truly awful!

Comment

Working...
                                X