No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I prefer Joeys list to Maurys, but I think you both overrate Blade Runner, a good movie, but not the second coming of Casablanca and Godfather lol
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      Anybody watch Don't F**k With Cats yet? What a truly disturbing story about the whole Luka Magnotta case from a few years back. That person is a absolute psycho!

The weirdest part is the picture where they figured out the building he was staying in in Etobicoke, is the same building my friends lived in in the late 90's up til the mid-2000's. I was there every single weekend and it could have even been the same exact apartment where he took the pics. Very eerie, glad he wasn't there when i was.
      I binged all 3 episodes last night. Very interesting, but by the end I just felt sick that this narcissist got exactly what he wanted, fame and notoriety. And he's living a cushy life with a husband and internet service and chocolate and fan mail in a pathetic Canadian "jail"
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        The Big Short is my top Comedy of the Decade, with Wolf of Wall Street getting Runner Up. Loved both of those movies.

Revenant was my top Drama. Interstellar gets Runner Up.

Top Action movie would be any of the Mission Impossible movies. Those are great. Man of Steel is my Runner Up.
        I guess Endgame needs to get a mention, because of what it was.

Can't say I've watched really any horror movies, but Haunting of Hill House was spectacular (I know it's not a movie, but it was amazing).

But Blade Runner gets my #1 Movie of the Decade, not even close on this one.

Honorable Mentions: Whiplash, Ex Machina, Arrival, Drive, Get Out, and Baby Driver.

Biggest Disappointment? Glass. That movie sucked. Lol
        Really solid list Joey. Loved Ex Machina, and Drive is so much fun.

i actually like Glass, lol. Felt like only M Night could have made that movie, and I respect that.

Did you see Vice? Adam McKay’s follow up to The Big Short? I liked The Big Short but found Vice insultingly bad.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Nice work Maury!

I'd never heard of A Girl Walks Home at Night. I've been meaning to make time for Ghost Story for a while. And Under the Silver Lake was already near the top of my must-watch list for 2019.

I'd probably have Phantom Thread in my top 10, along with Mad Max, Moonlight, Boyhood, and Holy Motors.
          Please let me know when you get to these movies! I’d love to know what you think of them. A ghost story really hit me in the feels, but it seems as though it’s very divisive to audiences. Under the Silver Lake is very weird. Lots of people hated it but it’s right up my alley. Phantom Thread is excellent. I almost had inherent vice in there too.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I prefer Joeys list to Maurys, but I think you both overrate Blade Runner, a good movie, but not the second coming of Casablanca and Godfather lol
            I think Blade Runner is right up there with the greats. Sometimes a movie just sort of intangibly works for you. In this case BR did for me. Of course I’ve rewatched it many times and it works for me on many levels now.

Comment

• 2 comedy standouts of the decade for me are "Burn After Reading" & "Oh Brother where Art Thou"

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                2 comedy standouts of the decade for me are "Burn After Reading" & "Oh Brother where Art Thou"
                Wrong decade my man! Lol But yes, Oh Brother is one my favourite movies of all time. And Burn After Reading is a criminally under rated movie. Some of Pitts best work.

Comment

Wrong decade my man! Lol But yes, Oh Brother is one my favourite movies of all time. And Burn After Reading is a criminally under rated movie. Some of Pitts best work.
                  I thought 2000 was it's release year? no? or r u nixing the 0-9 definition of a decade? haha. You would be right then... wrong decade

Re Pitt, have u seen Ad Astra? The man is good.
                  Last edited by Bendit; Thu Jan 9, 2020, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I thought 2000 was it's release year? no? or r u nixing the 0-9 definition of a decade? haha. You would be right then... wrong decade

Re Pitt, have u seen Ad Astra? The man is good.
                    We've been listing movies from between 2010-2020.

Haven't seen Ad Astra yet. Need to get on that actually.

Comment

We've been listing movies from between 2010-2020.

Haven't seen Ad Astra yet. Need to get on that actually.
                      Oh F. ... an entire decade out I was...I must change my drugs

Comment

• What about peoples favourite animated movie from the 2010s?

I think mine would be Into the Spider-Verse. Runner up to Big Hero 6 and The Lego Movie - they were also really solid flicks as well.

Never saw Coco, but I've heard nothing but great things, so that would probably be up there for many as well.

Comment

Oh F. ... an entire decade out I was...I must change my drugs
                          Haha I just did that the other day, it happens. Still feels completely weird to say 2020.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Really solid list Joey. Loved Ex Machina, and Drive is so much fun.

i actually like Glass, lol. Felt like only M Night could have made that movie, and I respect that.

Did you see Vice? Adam McKay’s follow up to The Big Short? I liked The Big Short but found Vice insultingly bad.
                            I did see Vice. Agree that it was kinda "meh". Definitely didn't like it as much as Big Short.

Sam Rockwell is an amazing actor though, and by far the best part of that movie. I will always see him as Zaphod Beeblebrox from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
                            Last edited by Joey; Thu Jan 9, 2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Sam Rocwell & Giovanni Ribisi ... two wonderful actors who haven't quite broken through. Rockwell in 3 Billboards etc & 7 Psychopaths

Comment

What about peoples favourite animated movie from the 2010s?

I think mine would be Into the Spider-Verse. Runner up to Big Hero 6 and The Lego Movie - they were also really solid flicks as well.

Never saw Coco, but I've heard nothing but great things, so that would probably be up there for many as well.
                                My top 3 would be 1. Batman: Under the Red Hood 2. Isle of Dogs 3. Spiderverse.

I don't watch a lot of animated movies, especially Pixar and disney ones. I did really like the Lego Movie. I recommend the batman film to anyone who's a fan of comic book movies and obviously batman. The ending just hit me really hard.
                                Last edited by Maury; Sat Jan 11, 2020, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X