Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 007 wrote: View Post
    My favourite movie is Top Secret. It's nowhere near new (1984), but almost no one I know has seen it and I want to know whether anyone here has.

    Is that by the same people who did Naked Gun? Seems like similar humour. Naked Gun is a classic. Haven't seen this one though.

    Comment


    • I don't think it's by the same people, but it could be. Definitely in the same vein as Naked Gun as well as Airplane.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

      Comment


      • Joey wrote: View Post
        She is going to be perfect as Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad.

        I'll probably wait for this one though. I do enjoy me some Will Smith though.
        When are they coming out with another Bad Boys? That's what the world wants!


        Actually he's in Suicide Squad as well.. interesting.
        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502397/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

        dunno. Been rumoured for years now.

        BTW, this thread doesn't exclusively have to be about new films.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

        Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

        Comment


        • Joey wrote: View Post
          Is that by the same people who did Naked Gun? Seems like similar humour. Naked Gun is a classic. Haven't seen this one though.
          http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001878/?...ov_dr#director
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

          Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

          Comment


          • Good find! I thought this was exactly the case .. it looked like a slightly more unrefined version of the NG humour. He definitely got it right for the Naked Gun series.

            Comment


            • Joey wrote: View Post
              Good find! I thought this was exactly the case .. it looked like a slightly more unrefined version of the NG humour. He definitely got it right for the Naked Gun series.
              Yeah, but post-Naked Gun you can see that he didn't get it so "right"..
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

              Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

              Comment


              • Anyone else almost cry at the end of Furious 7?

                Comment


                • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Anyone else almost cry at the end of Furious 7?
                  Cried almost the entire way through. Watching people shift and clutch is heartbreeaking

                  Comment


                  • raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Cried almost the entire way through. Watching people shift and clutch is heartbreeaking
                    hahaha I meant the tribute man

                    Comment


                    • Watched the final Hobbit movie last night, "Battle of the Five Armies" .. wasn't bad actually. With all the bad press, I went in a little skeptical, but I enjoyed it. I really liked how the end of the Hobbit movie really moves seamlessly into the Fellowship of the Ring from LOTR. Makes me want to watch them all over again.

                      Comment


                      • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        hahaha I meant the tribute man
                        The last Fast and Furious movie I saw was Tokyo Drift ... apparently I've now missed like 5 of them ...

                        Comment


                        • Joey wrote: View Post
                          Watched the final Hobbit movie last night, "Battle of the Five Armies" .. wasn't bad actually. With all the bad press, I went in a little skeptical, but I enjoyed it. I really liked how the end of the Hobbit movie really moves seamlessly into the Fellowship of the Ring from LOTR. Makes me want to watch them all over again.
                          I liked it a lot, just because all I wanted was giant battles hahaha
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

                          Comment


                          • Joey wrote: View Post
                            Watched the final Hobbit movie last night, "Battle of the Five Armies" .. wasn't bad actually. With all the bad press, I went in a little skeptical, but I enjoyed it. I really liked how the end of the Hobbit movie really moves seamlessly into the Fellowship of the Ring from LOTR. Makes me want to watch them all over again.
                            I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                            Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                            Comment


                            • LBF wrote: View Post
                              I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it
                              Wow .. that's intense hate.

                              Comment


                              • LBF wrote: View Post
                                I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it
                                Bet the popcorn was good

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X