No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewatched Contagion the other day. If you want to freak yourself out it's a great rewatch. Great all-star cast and Soderbergh executes the story with stylistic precision and clinical distance that really supplements the nature of the material. The final scene now plays like its straight out of a horror movie. Freaky stuff.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      Rewatched Contagion the other day. If you want to freak yourself out it's a great rewatch. Great all-star cast and Soderbergh executes the story with stylistic precision and clinical distance that really supplements the nature of the material. The final scene now plays like its straight out of a horror movie. Freaky stuff.
      Man, I regretted it immediately when I rewatched it. Lol But it is actually a great movie.

Comment

• Kinda just found this thread.
        Watched Honey boy last weekend-It had it moments wasn't really what i expected. Kinda seemed like it was made with shais dad as the specific target audience. Thought it had potential to be a really good premise, but kinda fell flat for me.
        Anyone else see this one?
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Loved Dolemite is my name on netflix if anyone hasn't seen it and is an eddie murphy fan its a must watch.
          Any suggestion for movies on Prime, Netflix or on Demand Rentals?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            Loved Dolemite is my name on netflix if anyone hasn't seen it and is an eddie murphy fan its a must watch.
            Any suggestion for movies on Prime, Netflix or on Demand Rentals?
            Just started my amazon prime account and am looking for suggestions there as well.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Man, I regretted it immediately when I rewatched it. Lol But it is actually a great movie.
              It really is a great movie, and it's taking on a new identity with recent events in mind. Feels like its one of Soderbergh's best now.

Comment

Just started my amazon prime account and am looking for suggestions there as well.
                Not a movie but Marvelous Miss Maziel is the best Prime original content i have seen. Great show.
                I like prime cause it has alot of older movies and random 90s early 2000s that you forget about.
                Best in show is hilarious if you have never seen it.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Not a movie but Marvelous Miss Maziel is the best Prime original content i have seen. Great show.
                  I like prime cause it has alot of older movies and random 90s early 2000s that you forget about.
                  Best in show is hilarious if you have never seen it.
                  Watched King of New York last night. The birth of the Christopher Walken we know and love. Incredible movie. Laurence Fishburne steals the show, back when he was going by Larry. I was looking around the movie selection which outmatches Netflix by a wide margin. If anyone hasn't seen it, try Rian Johnson's Brick. It's one of my 5 favourite movies ever.

Comment

It really is a great movie, and it's taking on a new identity with recent events in mind. Feels like its one of Soderbergh's best now.
                    Kate Winslet yesterday about the movie and a message. A bit forgotten I think are the hospital workers and first responders to handling the sick ... some very brave people.

ps... I'd like to wash Ms. Winslet's hands

Comment

• Sooo I just discovered that I can rent just out of theaters movies from Cineplex website with my Scene points ... watching Knives out now and paid nothing for it. Fantastic movie. Daniel Craig is a legend.

Chris Evans too. He's my favourite of the many Chris's.
                      Last edited by Joey; Fri Apr 3rd, 2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Sooo I just discovered that I can rent just out of theaters movies from Cineplex website with my Scene points ... watching Knives out now and paid nothing for it. Fantastic movie. Daniel Craig is a legend.

Chris Evans too. He's my favourite of the many Chris's.
                        Edit: Just finished it. God damn. What a twisted web, as one Mr. Blanc might say.

Comment

Edit: Just finished it. God damn. What a twisted web, as one Mr. Blanc might say.
                          So many donut holes

Comment

• I got the streaming service MUBI earlier this year and with this quarantine thing I've been watching a lot of great movies on there. Currently working through Louis Malle's work and supplementing with Criterion Channel. I would seriously recommend MUBI to any cinephiles out there - 30 curated movies at a time with one being added and one being taken away each day.

Comment

• I just got Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo (1961) and Ran (1985). Now I just have to make time to watch them properly.

Also, I'm always on the hunt for a good thriller (crime or psycho) that I can watch with the missus. This one's up next:

Comment

• Also, this one (a supernatural/psych thriller) on Netflix is excellent:

Comment

Working...
                                X