• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another excellent (revenge) thriller, on Prime:

Comment

• Finally, if you can track these two down:

Comment

• Ooh, one more The Lighthouse is on Prime (fucking intense)

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          I just got Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo (1961) and Ran (1985). Now I just have to make time to watch them properly.

Also, I'm always on the hunt for a good thriller (crime or psycho) that I can watch with the missus. This one's up next:

Yojimbo is so so good. Toshiro Mifune was such a heavy hitter and his performances in those Kurosawa films are spectacular. Throne of Blood specifically is probably one of my favourites. Great Shakespeare adaptation.

Good Time is excellent. It's where the Safdies found their voice as thriller auteurs. With Good Time and Uncut Gems, they've found their niche. Obviously, I'd support a break from the thriller genre from them if they wanted to. I haven't seen their earlier work so I'll have to dive into those at some point.

Comment

• Watched cb4 again. So funny. "let's turn ourselves into gangsta rappers"

Comment

• Willow is on Disney plus. Just finished it, still a really good movie, and the most not holding up effect is the 2 headed troll monster.

​​​​​​Epic old woman fight to save the world, and mad mardigan, one of the best fantasy characters ever. Really really good movie.

Comment

• For any film fans out there. This was voted as the best Canadian film ever made. It's free to watch on the National Film Board's youtube channel. I highly recommend it both as a Canadian and as a cinephile. It's a beautiful movie.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Another excellent (revenge) thriller, on Prime:
                  Finally got around to watching this and all I can say is wow. I love the way it descends into surrealist antiplot. Another powerful performance from Joaquin.

Comment

• Came across this compendium of movies made by one of my favourite actors ... Stanley Tucci ... not exactly your A lister but seems to always stand above the movie even when it's wanting.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...t-films-ranked

Comment

• For anyone interested...

The first ever online film festival gathering films curated by 20 world festivals will be available for free on YouTube between May 29-June 7, 2020

https://www.nordiskfilmogtvfond.com/...ewsletter-link

Comment

• https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/tom-crui...075946996.html

really shooting a movie in space. this would be so dangerous right? a real action movie shot in real outer space.

Comment

• Miekenstien The Snyder Cut of Justice League is actually happening!! Like for real happening, with a Warner Budget and with finished effects and score and everything!
                          Zack Snyder's 'Justice League' cut will debut on HBO Max either in a four-hour director's cut or in six TV-style "chapters." The director is getting the gang back together with the original postproduction crew to score, cut and finish visual effects and some of the actors returning for dialogue recording.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Miekenstien The Snyder Cut of Justice League is actually happening!! Like for real happening, with a Warner Budget and with finished effects and score and everything!
                            I wouldn't be surprised if they did chapters first, and then the full release.

I had thought it was a finished cut they just decided was too much Snyder, and edited down.

4 hours is a long haul though. Director's cuts of lord of the rings are a challenge. I used to watch the friggin cast commentaries on the dvds. Off the top of my head I think it's starsky and hutch or wedding crashers where vaugn and Wilson are tearing apart stiller, and then he comes in and they start kissing his ass, until another leaves the room. Pretty funny stuff.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSc0xrVQy-4

cavill back as superman

Comment

• Be excellent to each other ... my dudes.

Comment

Working...
                                X