Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post
    Just saw an older movie called Predestination (from 2014).

    This is me right now:

    Trailer looked kind of slow, and directly like Looper, Minority Report, 12 monkeys, and a bunch of others...but if you say so, I'll give it a watch tonight or tomorrow
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • KeonClark wrote: View Post

      Trailer looked kind of slow, and directly like Looper, Minority Report, 12 monkeys, and a bunch of others...but if you say so, I'll give it a watch tonight or tomorrow
      After finishing Dark I was looking for more time travel plot point movies that I hadn't seen and someone suggested Predestination online. It has Ethan Hawke and Sarah Snook (she's the sister from Succession) in it. It's just complete bonkers. That's all I'll say for now.


      Comment


      • I recently watched Inception and Interstellar in Imax when the theatres re opened here in BC. Inception is laughabley cringe at certain points, but it's a fun action flick. Anytime Nolan goes for emotional depth it just falls flat though. Interstellar, on the other hand, was brilliant. One of the better theatre experiences I've had. The sentimentality of that film somehow works for me and elevates it above most other Nolan movies.

        Memento is great, Dunkirk is a masterpiece, and the Batman movies are far better than almost every other superhero movie. The Prestige is fun as well. It's a shame Tenet is so frustrating.

        Comment


        • planetmars wrote: View Post

          After finishing Dark I was looking for more time travel plot point movies that I hadn't seen and someone suggested Predestination online. It has Ethan Hawke and Sarah Snook (she's the sister from Succession) in it. It's just complete bonkers. That's all I'll say for now.

          A really great one if you can get your hands on it is Timecrimes. A spanish film from 2007. One of my fav time travel movies.

          Comment


          • Maury wrote: View Post

            A really great one if you can get your hands on it is Timecrimes. A spanish film from 2007. One of my fav time travel movies.
            Always looking for a good time travel movie.. Thanks for the recommendation. Will see if I can hunt it down.

            Another decent one I saw a month or so ago was Primer. It's low budget and it took a second viewing and I still got confused. Some lady on youtube does an excellent job summarizing it lol. Still a good movie though

            Some others I've seen recently:

            - Coherence: group of friends enjoying a dinner party when multi-dimension goodness happens
            - Triangle: time loop in a horror setting with a group of friends going sailing and eventually meeting up with an old cruise liner
            - Time Lapse: I guess it is in the horror genre, but sort of weak attempt. A group of college roommates come across a camera that creates pictures of a moment that will happen in the future.


            Of the three.. Coherence is the one I'd recommend. The other two were kind of meh.

            Comment


            • planetmars wrote: View Post

              After finishing Dark I was looking for more time travel plot point movies that I hadn't seen and someone suggested Predestination online. It has Ethan Hawke and Sarah Snook (she's the sister from Succession) in it. It's just complete bonkers. That's all I'll say for now.

              That movie shattered my reality .. I spent like a week talking to my friends about it trying to figure out if it actually worked ... it worked ... Lol

              Comment


              • A solid time travel movie that not many have seen is called Back to the Future .. just rewatched both the first and second for the first time in a LOOONG time, and god damn, they are CLASSICS. Nearly perfect movies if you ask me.

                Comment

                Working...
                X