X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Sooo I just discovered that I can rent just out of theaters movies from Cineplex website with my Scene points ... watching Knives out now and paid nothing for it. Fantastic movie. Daniel Craig is a legend.

Chris Evans too. He's my favourite of the many Chris's.
    Edit: Just finished it. God damn. What a twisted web, as one Mr. Blanc might say.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Sooo I just discovered that I can rent just out of theaters movies from Cineplex website with my Scene points ... watching Knives out now and paid nothing for it. Fantastic movie. Daniel Craig is a legend.

Chris Evans too. He's my favourite of the many Chris's.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Apr 3rd, 2020, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post

It really is a great movie, and it's taking on a new identity with recent events in mind. Feels like its one of Soderbergh's best now.
    Kate Winslet yesterday about the movie and a message. A bit forgotten I think are the hospital workers and first responders to handling the sick ... some very brave people.

ps... I'd like to wash Ms. Winslet's hands

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Not a movie but Marvelous Miss Maziel is the best Prime original content i have seen. Great show.
    I like prime cause it has alot of older movies and random 90s early 2000s that you forget about.
    Best in show is hilarious if you have never seen it.
    Watched King of New York last night. The birth of the Christopher Walken we know and love. Incredible movie. Laurence Fishburne steals the show, back when he was going by Larry. I was looking around the movie selection which outmatches Netflix by a wide margin. If anyone hasn't seen it, try Rian Johnson's Brick. It's one of my 5 favourite movies ever.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

Just started my amazon prime account and am looking for suggestions there as well.
    Not a movie but Marvelous Miss Maziel is the best Prime original content i have seen. Great show.
    I like prime cause it has alot of older movies and random 90s early 2000s that you forget about.
    Best in show is hilarious if you have never seen it.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

Man, I regretted it immediately when I rewatched it. Lol But it is actually a great movie.
    It really is a great movie, and it's taking on a new identity with recent events in mind. Feels like its one of Soderbergh's best now.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Loved Dolemite is my name on netflix if anyone hasn't seen it and is an eddie murphy fan its a must watch.
    Any suggestion for movies on Prime, Netflix or on Demand Rentals?
    Just started my amazon prime account and am looking for suggestions there as well.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Loved Dolemite is my name on netflix if anyone hasn't seen it and is an eddie murphy fan its a must watch.
    Any suggestion for movies on Prime, Netflix or on Demand Rentals?

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Kinda just found this thread.
    Watched Honey boy last weekend-It had it moments wasn't really what i expected. Kinda seemed like it was made with shais dad as the specific target audience. Thought it had potential to be a really good premise, but kinda fell flat for me.
    Anyone else see this one?

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Rewatched Contagion the other day. If you want to freak yourself out it's a great rewatch. Great all-star cast and Soderbergh executes the story with stylistic precision and clinical distance that really supplements the nature of the material. The final scene now plays like its straight out of a horror movie. Freaky stuff.
    Man, I regretted it immediately when I rewatched it. Lol But it is actually a great movie.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Rewatched Contagion the other day. If you want to freak yourself out it's a great rewatch. Great all-star cast and Soderbergh executes the story with stylistic precision and clinical distance that really supplements the nature of the material. The final scene now plays like its straight out of a horror movie. Freaky stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Finally got around to watching John Wick 3 ... god damn those movies are a blast.

Halle Berry and Keanu Reeves are both robots ... they must be ... they don't age.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Watched a couple of movies over the weekend.

"The Hunt" had a really dumb premise but it was fun. Betty Gilpin was a riot.

"Just Mercy" was a pretty good drama. About a black man sent to death row in Alabama for a crime he didn't commit. And a young black lawyer trying to get him released. Has Jamie Foxx and Michael B. Jordan in it.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    No movies to see in the theatre for the next little while. Not good. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Saw a couple of more movies over the weekend...

"Knives Out" was a lot of fun. Similar to Orient Express but I enjoyed it more. Daniel Craig does a fantastic job as the detective in it.

"21 Bridges" was exactly what I expected. Not great, but wasn't all that sh!tty either. Reminded me of a movie like the Negotiator from the late 90's. But not as well done. Really predictable. Hopefully that was not their intention otherwise they missed the mark.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X