No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will watch 'Generation Kill'. I have 'The Pacific' on my radar now too.

Comment

• Vikings is amazing!

Also another show nobody knows about that's great is Banshee
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Vikings is amazing!

Also another show nobody knows about that's great is Banshee
        I binge-watched the first season of the show. It is great schlock: an absolutely absurd show that knows it is absurd and embraces it full bore. I was laughing so hard during the scene where he beats up the MMA fighter that I fell off my chair. Oddly, it is one of the least nonsensical events in the entire first season.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          I binge-watched the first season of the show. It is great schlock: an absolutely absurd show that knows it is absurd and embraces it full bore. I was laughing so hard during the scene where he beats up the MMA fighter that I fell off my chair. Oddly, it is one of the least nonsensical events in the entire first season.
          It has some of the best fight scenes I've even seen.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            It has some of the best fight scenes I've even seen.
            There's one where him and his ex fight that assassin in the barn(?) and then they have sex with each other after killing him while covered in blood and gore. My nephew and I were watching that episode and we nearly pissed ourselves we were laughing so hard.

As I said, great, awesome, schlock. It's always good for at least two or three, "No... NO! They can't do that! They did that! WTF? They can do that! They just did it! I can't believe that happened!" nearly dying of laughter moments each episode.

Comment

There's one where him and his ex fight that assassin in the barn(?) and then they have sex with each other after killing him while covered in blood and gore. My nephew and I were watching that episode and we nearly pissed ourselves we were laughing so hard.

As I said, great, awesome, schlock. It's always good for at least two or three, "No... NO! They can't do that! They did that! WTF? They can do that! They just did it! I can't believe that happened!" nearly dying of laughter moments each episode.
              You should write show reviews .. this convinced me to check it out. Haha Banshee is it?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                You should write show reviews .. this convinced me to check it out. Haha Banshee is it?
                LOL. I may have oversold it! I don't actually think it's that good of a show but I appreciate that they've created this absurd, ridiculous nonsense and they embrace it wholeheartedly and try to make it even more absurd, ridiculous and nonsensical. You have to appreciated schlock to like it. Banshee.

Here's the fight scene I referred to above. Keep in mind, he's an ex-con posing as a SHERRIFF and going to arrest a championship MMA fighter in the scene. Insanity follows.

Comment

LOL. I may have oversold it! I don't actually think it's that good of a show but I appreciate that they've created this absurd, ridiculous nonsense and they embrace it wholeheartedly and try to make it even more absurd, ridiculous and nonsensical. You have to appreciated schlock to like it. Banshee.

Here's the fight scene I referred to above. Keep in mind, he's an ex-con posing as a SHERRIFF and going to arrest a championship MMA fighter in the scene. Insanity follows.

Damn that one guy fights dirty ... Haha

How have I never even heard of this show??

Comment

Hmmm this I don't know.
                    Its on Starz, which is a pretty obscure channel from what I can gather .. sorta like AMC I think .. I was able to find it online though.

And ya, Band of Brothers is pretty fantastic. If you enjoyed that, might I recommend Generation Kill. Its an HBO miniseries which is kind of similar, but covers the Invasion of Iraq.
                    Starz has done some awesome shiws.

Spartacus, black sails.

Another great show is penny dreadfull

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                      Starz has done some awesome shiws.

Spartacus, black sails.

Another great show is penny dreadfull
                      That's right I forgot they did Spartacus as well. Great show.

Black Sails takes the cake though. Such a good watch.

Comment

Damn that one guy fights dirty ... Haha

How have I never even heard of this show??
                        LOL. It became a thing with a couple of buddies of mine (who I got hooked on it) where something absurd would happen and we'd yell, "Banshee!". Sadly, the wives banned it after an incident at a barbeque that involved daring an out-of-shape investment banker to jump off a deck and drop kick an aging securities lawyer in the groin..... the whole thing ended badly. BANSHEE!!!

Comment

• Gotta tell you, I haven't been watching much TV lately but when I have its be those Football Life documentaries on legendary greats of the NFL. Those things are like an addictive drug to me. I have them on PVR setup as a series recording.

I am going to watch those recommendations soon though; I'm starting to see repeats on the football docs.

Comment

• rick and morty season 2 just started

Comment

• The cast for season two of "True Detective" looks interesting.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                The cast for season two of "True Detective" looks interesting.
                                A lot of people have been down on season two. I think it's been interesting, but definitely a step back from season 1. That said, I think episodes 1-6 of season 1 were maybe the greatest TV ever made.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X