TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Gotham is the only "Superhero" TV show on TV to me that doesn't have that "Cheap" feel to it .. I can't watch SHIELD, or Flash, or any of those other ones .. don't have Netflix, but DD never struck me as anything ground breaking.

Gotham is fantastic though, and has managed to stay good throughout for me, mostly due to the incredible casting and characters. Even the Mr. Freeze arc wasn't terrible.
    That's cause you're comparing it all to movies and it won't have the same production value but DD is a special case.

I don't really have time to watch too much tv but I don't mind Agents of Shield or at least the few I have seen. Seems fun and schlocky to me. I tried watching the Flash one night and didn't mind it (seemed like a fun show) but I had no idea what the hell was happening so it was tough to get interested. I couldn't get in to Gotham. My dad loves it, though. Never watched Arrow. I saw some episode with some little girl doing ninja ballerina stuff beating the crap out of guys 3 times her size and that was enough for me.

My wife and I watched Agent Carter this year and we liked it. Pretty entertaining but not really a superhero show at all.

Comment

• happy archer day everyone. episode one was good

Comment

• End of season TV cliff hangers should be outlawed. No exceptions. I wish I could say more but I wouldn't want to spoil the show I was watching Sunday night for anyone else.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          End of season TV cliff hangers should be outlawed. No exceptions. I wish I could say more but I wouldn't want to spoil the show I was watching Sunday night for anyone else.
          thanks bud. did j.r. get shot?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            happy archer day everyone. episode one was good
            ah shit really ... dammit i totally forgot about it

Comment

End of season TV cliff hangers should be outlawed. No exceptions. I wish I could say more but I wouldn't want to spoil the show I was watching Sunday night for anyone else.
              its a common story telling technique, and quite effective ... just embrace the joy of story telling in all its forms

Comment

I always watch the season opener, season finale and midseason finale with my buddy and as that final scene started he looked at his watch and said, 'they're gonna do a POV fade to black'. I replied, 'they wouldn't dare,' and then they did. And we laughed hysterically and clapped. Hard to get more cynical than what they did. Kudos.

Cliffhangers are fine but two things: the fade to black wanna-be art house crap needs to stop cause it is fucking terrible and looks like your script was written by a 14-year old. Second, with this show in particular, the plot has been lost completely and it now turns almost solely around which main character will die next, so, to do what they did really confirmed that any pretense they were selling an interesting story or characters is just that - it's now all about gimmicks and ratings. That's fine I guess but they could have both....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  I always watch the season opener, season finale and midseason finale with my buddy and as that final scene started he looked at his watch and said, 'they're gonna do a POV fade to black'. I replied, 'they wouldn't dare,' and then they did. And we laughed hysterically and clapped. Hard to get more cynical than what they did. Kudos.

Cliffhangers are fine but two things: the fade to black wanna-be art house crap needs to stop cause it is fucking terrible and looks like your script was written by a 14-year old. Second, with this show in particular, the plot has been lost completely and it now turns almost solely around which main character will die next, so, to do what they did really confirmed that any pretense they were selling an interesting story or characters is just that - it's now all about gimmicks and ratings. That's fine I guess but they could have both....
                  I don't think I'll keep following the show for reasons you discuss. There's nothing interesting actually happening. They are just constantly biding time for the next character death. So many bad episodes that don't do much to develop story or characters. Getting plain boring and predictable. Last night's "story" could've been told in 20 minutes, and it took them an hour. Everyone knew where the episode was going(or not going) like 10 minutes in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I don't think I'll keep following the show for reasons you discuss. There's nothing interesting actually happening. They are just constantly biding time for the next character death. So many bad episodes that don't do much to develop story or characters. Getting plain boring and predictable. Last night's "story" could've been told in 20 minutes, and it took them an hour. Everyone knew where the episode was going(or not going) like 10 minutes in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                    The biggest issue with the show is that there way, way too many characters with nothing to do. Outside of Rick, even the main characters don't really have any stories anymore. What do Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, Daryl, Carl do anymore? Are they even main characters? And the secondary characters are just background noise. The only character who has a personal story playing out anymore is Carol.

Shows with big casts all suffer from this but there should be enough going on in zombie apocalypse world to at least keep your 4 or 5 main characters busy and the secondary people can each of one thing to do each season at least.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I'm not a comic guy but I do read this comic. I can tell you that we're about to enter the golden age of the show if they don't f' this up. The Negan story line is pure gold. One thing I don't like already though is how they've censored Negan right out of the gate. He's about as foul mouth a character that's ever been written in any art form and we didn't see that in the show. I can understand why they'd opt for that if it were on ABC but this is AMC. It takes away slightly because the profanity adds to the character's personality. Here's an example(warning: not work safe): http://www.cinemablend.com/images/se...1456451010.jpg
                      https://halloweenlove.com/images/pos...n-swearing.jpg

Oh I don't know if you connected the dots but the show also introduced another faction in the last Morgan scene... Their leader is... Interesting.

Comment

I'm not a comic guy but I do read this comic. I can tell you that we're about to enter the golden age of the show if they don't f' this up. The Negan story line is pure gold. One thing I don't like already though is how they've censored Negan right out of the gate. He's about as foul mouth a character that's ever been written in any art form and we didn't see that in the show. I can understand why they'd opt for that if it were on ABC but this is AMC. It takes away slightly because the profanity adds to the character's personality.
                        The Negan scene was fine. He strikes me as a potentially interesting antagonist. Most people who watch the show, like me, don't read the comics, so they won't know the difference. Also, I read that they plan on filming his scenes two ways and that you'll be able to get all the profanity you want on the dvd release.

Generally, I think the odd numbered seasons (1,3 and 5) have been the best, though I liked the Governor stuff more than most. So let's hope history repeats.

Comment

• If they do it right Negan will make the Governor look like Mr. Rogers. He'll charm the audience with charisma one moment and then shock the crap out of them the next. I edited my last post after the fact by the way.

Comment

• archer two was great. haha milton. also loved "now i'll never be able to stand up" "trunkmaster flex" haha
                            Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Apr 8, 2016, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Just started watching "The Night Manager" based on a John Le Carre novel. It's a BBC series in it's first season.

If you like espionage, arms dealing and under cover operations in the Middle East, geopolitical machinations and a good plot...check it out. Good actors/production too.

Comment

• Anyone watch Daredevil? It's lit

Comment

Working...
                                X