TV Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Just watched GOT. Fire, fury and quite frankly power.
    LOL Well played.

Comment

• I wish someone would kill Theon Grayjoy already. Worst character ever. I just know they're saving him to kill someone important for shock value.

Comment

I wish someone would kill Theon Grayjoy already. Worst character ever. I just know they're saving him to kill someone important for shock value.
        Agreed he's a useless bag of shit right now, but his will be the ultimate tale of Redemption. I know it. It already started with Sansa. He will save the Starks or Yara somehow, while sacrificing himself.

Comment

• The Ducktales rebbot pilot came out today.... and holy crap is it good. If you watched the original as a kid, or are into adventure shows in general, check it out.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Comment

Really pumped to see the evolution of Ivar and Ubba (and Bjorn! man oh man, so many good characters now), but almost more pumped to see what Rhys Myers can do with the Heahmund character. I think he'll be yet another character that's able to straddle the "good guy-bad guy" dynamic that we've seen so many times on this show. Almost each and every "main" character gives you a reason to hate them, but they all have their redeeming qualities as well... Heahmund will fall nicely in line with that, I'm sure.
              Last edited by Joey; Sat Aug 12th, 2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                The Ducktales rebbot pilot came out today.... and holy crap is it good. If you watched the original as a kid, or are into adventure shows in general, check it out.

The voices are all off! And they look different! I don't like change! Lol Loved this show as a kid.
                Last edited by Joey; Sat Aug 12th, 2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

The voices are all off! And they look different! I don't like change! Lol Loved this show as a kid.
                  It's a new cast (which I don't mind at all) & the art style is very reminiscent of the comics, which is quite clever. I watched reruns as a little kid along with a few VHS's of the original, and I feel this revamp is solid on it's own.
                  Last edited by Cody73; Sun Aug 13th, 2017, 11:44 PM.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Damn, only 2 GOT episodes left this season ...

As great as it's been, and for all the awesome moments we've had so far this season, I feel like they are fast-forwarding through way too much. Everyone has a teleporter it seems!.. except the White Walkers, who walk slower than a damn Zombie-Turtle.

That said, everything is coming together though!! I screamed at the screen in giddy joy probably a few too many times last night. Haha

Comment

Damn, only 2 GOT episodes left this season ...

As great as it's been, and for all the awesome moments we've had so far this season, I feel like they are fast-forwarding through way too much. Everyone has a teleporter it seems!.. except the White Walkers, who walk slower than a damn Zombie-Turtle.

That said, everything is coming together though!! I screamed at the screen in giddy joy probably a few too many times last night. Haha
                      Haha, that's a good point about the teleportation. Guys have no problem jumping from Winterfell to Westeros to Iron Islands to Dragonstone within minutes in the episode. But the Whitewalkers haven't even boarded their plane yet.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Haha, that's a good point about the teleportation. Guys have no problem jumping from Winterfell to Westeros to Iron Islands to Dragonstone within minutes in the episode. But the Whitewalkers haven't even boarded their plane yet.

Hahahaha The perfect Gif. Well played sir.

But ya, it really feels like to me the show is now just trying to hit all the hit-points that is has to and it lacks that depth and character focus it used to have ... like stuff that used to happen in a full season, is now unfolding in a single episode! Like why wouldn't they even just give 10 episodes for it all to unfold, its ridiculous. I honestly think it's because they don't have the books to fill in the gaps and they're now just left to close the loose ends.

Some of the scenes are still super satisfying, don't get me wrong, but the in-between shots used to be some of the best parts of the show and where some of the real meaty stuff happened .. now it's just epic scene after scene it feels like.

Oh, and after all this time of hearing about both, High Garden and Casterly Rock were both MASSIVE let downs.. super underwhelming.
                        Last edited by Joey; Mon Aug 14th, 2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• Ya, the pace has definitely picked up. I noticed it last season too.

Comment

Damn, only 2 GOT episodes left this season ...

Episode 4 was one of the best of the series. Sunday night was pretty good though. No coincidence that Sam ditched you know who at the precise same time that unknowingly to him something happened to those guys in that place after they did that thing.

Sorry, trying to avoid spoilers.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Tue Aug 15th, 2017, 10:16 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• Have you seen this before?

Comment

Have you seen this before?

This is ... amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X