Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post
    Actors salaries got too high or they only committed themselves to so many episodes so they can move on and do other things.. It's the only rational explanation I can come up with why they sped these seasons up.

    I'm not a fan of the fast pace. Favourite thing about the show is the drama not the action.. and we're missing out on all the cool potential dramatic moments with all these cool characters that were slowly developed.

    I might have to read the books now.. but that's assuming Martin doesn't die before he finishes off his saga. Season 8 seems fairly predicable considering there are only 6 episodes left and only one real plot point now.
    I read the first book last summer, and I fully admit that if it weren't for the show, I would have zero clue what was going on. Too many names, places, houses to remember who's who....without actually taking moments between each chapter to absorb it all. That's just not how I read, lol.

    Comment


    • Has anyone watched The Leftovers? Just ended a couple of months ago after 3 seasons on HBO. Was a pretty good drama

      Comment


      • tDotted wrote: View Post
        Has anyone watched The Leftovers? Just ended a couple of months ago after 3 seasons on HBO. Was a pretty good drama
        Damon Lindelof has said on record, that they will never reveal what happened to the 2%.

        Great HBO production quality, but if you're hoping for the mystery to be solved, it will never happen.

        EDIT: Didn't realize the 3rd season was the series finale. I'm sort of relieved that I can move on to something else now, lol.

        Comment


        • Would recommend "The Expanse" from SyFy.

          Been described as the "Sci-Fi Game of Thrones", or "Battlestar Gallactica meets GOT"; and GRRM is a HUGE fan apparently. Based on a series of like 7 or 8 books. Really great show.

          Don't want to give too much away, but probably the most realistic representation of what our future holds for us.

          Comment


          • Joey wrote: View Post
            Would recommend "The Expanse" from SyFy.

            Been described as the "Sci-Fi Game of Thrones", or "Battlestar Gallactica meets GOT"; and GRRM is a HUGE fan apparently. Based on a series of like 7 or 8 books. Really great show.

            Don't want to give too much away, but probably the most realistic representation of what our future holds for us.
            I'll add it to my queue.

            The never-ending queue that's 40-50 titles deep. And with Raptor season approaching, will probably never get to. Sigh....adulting is hard.

            Comment


            • Been marathoning Bates Motel. Great show.

              Vera Farmiga who plays Norma Bates on the show is so much fun to watch. And the kid who was in the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake plays the perfect Norman Bates.

              Comment


              • Who else is hyped for Bojack Horseman Season 4? Only a few hours till BINGE TIME.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                Comment


                • Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Who else is hyped for Bojack Horseman Season 4? Only a few hours till BINGE TIME.
                  Again, I'll add it to my queue, lol.

                  Comment


                  • Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Who else is hyped for Bojack Horseman Season 4? Only a few hours till BINGE TIME.
                    Good thing I finished Narcos Season 3 today.

                    By the way everyone should watch Narcos. The third season was one of the most tense I've ever seen.
                    It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                    Comment


                    • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Good thing I finished Narcos Season 3 today.

                      By the way everyone should watch Narcos. The third season was one of the most tense I've ever seen.
                      Good to know.

                      I was actually curious to hear how good the show would be going forward, after Season 2 ended.

                      Comment


                      • methhead rick and cop morty are climbing my favourites ladder.

                        simple rick's is hilariously evil as well

                        Comment


                        • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          methhead rick and cop morty are climbing my favourites ladder.

                          simple rick's is hilariously evil as well
                          Probably one of the best episodes so far. I don't know how they do it. Lol

                          Comment


                          • Joey wrote: View Post
                            Probably one of the best episodes so far. I don't know how they do it. Lol
                            i think they were going for a sam elliot voice for the simple rick's commercials. this one was my favourite episode of the year so far, beating out pickle rick.

                            "you wanna see how i paint walls"
                            "what do i know about knowing things. get the fuck in the car"
                            hahaha

                            Comment


                            • Vikings renewed for a 20 episode 6th Season - before Season 5 even starts!
                              Guaranteed 40 more episodes over the next 2 years. This makes me happy.

                              Comment


                              • I will hump this beast and put my seed into it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X