No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watched The Orville yet? I'll try and start it this weekend.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Anyone watched The Orville yet? I'll try and start it this weekend.
      i liked it. liking it more than i like discovery. i quit discovery after two episodes. i have watched two episodes of the orville and for trek fans, i think they will like it.

Comment

• "Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin ... I don't know why I just said that - doesn't make much sense .. but I gotta stand by it."

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          i liked it. liking it more than i like discovery. i quit discovery after two episodes. i have watched two episodes of the orville and for trek fans, i think they will like it.

Just another thing that Miek and I take differing viewpoints on - I watched a couple episodes of Orville and didn't really like it. Discovery has some interesting potential, and I'll probably keep watching to see whether the series deviates from the cliches from past Star Trek series, or whether it tries some different things.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            I've heard from a few people that Discovery gets good from episode 3 onward.

As for Orville, I didn't expect it to tackle issues like same sex marriage, religion, treatment of animals, gender identities, etc. Pleasant surprise that it's a deeper show than I originally gave it credit for.

Comment

haha

Comment

• Halt and Catch Fire was excellent. The subject matter didn't strike me at first but it turned out to be very interesting.
                It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

Comment

As for Orville, I didn't expect it to tackle issues like same sex marriage, religion, treatment of animals, gender identities, etc. Pleasant surprise that it's a deeper show than I originally gave it credit for.
                  The first two episodes of Discovery were basically like the JJ Abrams movies, so, if you like those, you will like those. I have only seen one other episode and it didn't really work for me. It just doesn't feel like Star Trek. It is very violent and action oriented. That's fine, it just isn't Star Trek to me....

Comment

• Stranger things season 2 in a couple days!

Comment

• The Expanse is 100x better than Orville or Star Trek Discovery.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        Stranger things season 2 in a couple days!
                        Conveniently sick this week so have been able to put the day into it. Reaching the end of Episode 6 now
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Conveniently sick this week so have been able to put the day into it. Reaching the end of Episode 6 now

Comment

• Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X