Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joey wrote: View Post
    The Expanse is 100x better than Orville or Star Trek Discovery.
    I agree that The Expanse surpasses Discovery - I did like the way tonight's 'Groundhog Day' Discovery episode ended however - was different than one might expect based on the first few episodes.

    Comment


    • So any chance Youtube TV will ever come to Canada? I think that would finally get me to cut the cord.

      Comment


      • Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        I agree that The Expanse surpasses Discovery - I did like the way tonight's 'Groundhog Day' Discovery episode ended however - was different than one might expect based on the first few episodes.
        I am enjoying Discovery so far. No complaints.

        Comment


        • Machine wrote: View Post
          So any chance Youtube TV will ever come to Canada? I think that would finally get me to cut the cord.
          What exactly is YouTube TV?

          I cut the cord 3 years ago. Haven't looked back. Android boxes FTW!

          Comment


          • Nilanka wrote: View Post
            What exactly is YouTube TV?
            By the sounds of it, its live TV with all the major networks and includes sports networks. Unlimited PVR recording using the cloud. 6 people can use the service. Its coming to smart TVs and video game consoles. All for $35 per month. Definitely beats my absurd cable package.

            Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Machine wrote: View Post
              By the sounds of it, its live TV with all the major networks and includes sports networks. Unlimited PVR recording using the cloud. 6 people can use the service. Its coming to smart TVs and video game consoles. All for $35 per month. Definitely beats my absurd cable package.

              Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
              Wow, sounds like a game changer. Even if they up it to $50/m (Canadian $$$), still plenty worth it.

              Comment


              • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Wow, sounds like a game changer. Even if they up it to $50/m (Canadian $$$), still plenty worth it.
                Yeah absolutely. So far can't find any info suggesting it will come to Canada tho. One article I read said there will be huge roadblocks. I for one am tired of being gouged for internet, cell phone and TV services living in Canada and am ready for someone to ignite some sort of national boycott lol The prices we pay are outrageous.

                Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  What exactly is YouTube TV?

                  I cut the cord 3 years ago. Haven't looked back. Android boxes FTW!
                  With the android box are there any issues getting live raptors games in very good quality?

                  Comment


                  • Machine wrote: View Post
                    With the android box are there any issues getting live raptors games in very good quality?
                    There are a few pay streaming services available. Vader Streams. Smoothstreams, etc.

                    I use Smoothstreams. I split one account with 2 other guys, so only works out to $5/month. Most, if not all North American sports leagues are available in 720p, plus soccer, cricket, cycling, tennis, Nascar, Indy, etc. As long as you've got your minimum 25 mbps download speed, you're good. No buffering.

                    With my Smoothstreams account, I also get live HBO, AMC, CNN, HGTV, Discovery, History Channel, etc.

                    Comment


                    • Spacey fired from House of Cards. Another one bites the dust.

                      Comment


                      • Joey wrote: View Post
                        Spacey fired from House of Cards. Another one bites the dust.
                        Pretty sure he's offically ruined(not that he doesn't deserve it if all is true). He was one of my favorite actors for a long time.
                        The Double Champ is here!
                        Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                        Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                        Comment


                        • Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Pretty sure he's offically ruined(not that he doesn't deserve it if all is true). He was one of my favorite actors for a long time.
                          Ya, it's hard to see how he comes back from this, and gets back in the publics favor... it's all very damning... Dude is pretty twisted on set apparently.
                          Last edited by Joey; Sat Nov 4th, 2017, 12:54 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Joey wrote: View Post
                            Ya, it's hard to see how he comes back from this, and gets back in the publics favor... it's all very damning... Dude is pretty twisted on set apparently.
                            It can only get worse from here. There will probably be a lot more big names you'd never think of in that light being accused in this same manner.

                            They can name anyone they want, just don't name The Rock! lol Not sure I could handle a scandal from him...

                            Anyone see the Hogan vs Brutus the Barber beef from the other day? Wow!
                            The Double Champ is here!
                            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                            Comment


                            • What a sleaze bucket Spacey he turned out to be. He even went for underage boys. The police in England are looking into at least one of his exploits there. The bosses who turned a blind eye to these crimes should get into trouble too.

                              The Usual Suspect...is a good moniker.

                              Comment


                              • Mack North wrote: View Post
                                Pretty sure he's offically ruined(not that he doesn't deserve it if all is true). He was one of my favorite actors for a long time.
                                He's finished.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X