Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Paradise pd on netflix had me pissing myself. Done by the brickleberry guys, no tosh.

    Comment


    • Haven't read far enough into the thread to see if this has been discussed:

      Finished Marvel's The Defenders, and Luke Cage season 2. I don't watch T.V. at all, but damn, I thoroughly enjoyed these two series despite its corniness, lol.

      Luke Cage season 3 is coming soon, and that ending of Season 2 had me questioning a ton of things.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

      Comment


      • Comment


        • Maury wrote: View Post
          Coen brothers have a Netflix mini series coming out in mid November. I know a lot of people in the movie thread love the coens as much as I do. Can’t wait.
          Awesome! I loved the Fargo series, but that was Hawley's.

          In other TV news, Castle Rock did not disappoint.

          Comment


          • ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
            Haven't read far enough into the thread to see if this has been discussed:

            Finished Marvel's The Defenders, and Luke Cage season 2. I don't watch T.V. at all, but damn, I thoroughly enjoyed these two series despite its corniness, lol.

            Luke Cage season 3 is coming soon, and that ending of Season 2 had me questioning a ton of things.
            I haven't watched any of the Marvel Netflix series yet, except for Season 1 of Iron First. So I went to start Season 2 of Marvel Fist, when I realized the recap included material I've never seen before (including footage from The Defenders).

            So now I have to go back and watch Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and The Defenders before I can watch current Iron First episodes. FML. #FirstWorldProblems

            Comment


            • Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I haven't watched any of the Marvel Netflix series yet, except for Season 1 of Iron First. So I went to start Season 2 of Marvel Fist, when I realized the recap included material I've never seen before (including footage from The Defenders).

              So now I have to go back and watch Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and The Defenders before I can watch current Iron First episodes. FML. #FirstWorldProblems
              That's a weird show choice. Iron Fist S1 was by far the worst show-season of any of those shows. Daredevil is really good, Lue Cage and JJ are solid, Defenders was fun.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I haven't watched any of the Marvel Netflix series yet, except for Season 1 of Iron First. So I went to start Season 2 of Marvel Fist, when I realized the recap included material I've never seen before (including footage from The Defenders).

                So now I have to go back and watch Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and The Defenders before I can watch current Iron First episodes. FML. #FirstWorldProblems
                Haven't seen a single minute of any of those, and am just wrapping up Punisher ... absolutely LOVE it, and doesn't require any back story filling from those other shows.

                Comment


                • I watched the first two seasons of Daredevil, the first season of JJ. Tried to watch the first season of Luke Cage.. got 3 or 4 episodes in and had to stop. Defenders was boring out of the gate so got like 10 minutes into the first episode. That guy in the beginning I think was Iron Fist.. and he's such a bland actor/character that I couldn't imagine watching a whole season with him as the lead (or a second season to boot).

                  Punisher lasted longer but still couldn't get through the season. Ended on 7 or 8 I think. But I might go back and finish it. It was mildly interesting.

                  Comment


                  • planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I watched the first two seasons of Daredevil, the first season of JJ. Tried to watch the first season of Luke Cage.. got 3 or 4 episodes in and had to stop. Defenders was boring out of the gate so got like 10 minutes into the first episode. That guy in the beginning I think was Iron Fist.. and he's such a bland actor/character that I couldn't imagine watching a whole season with him as the lead (or a second season to boot).

                    Punisher lasted longer but still couldn't get through the season. Ended on 7 or 8 I think. But I might go back and finish it. It was mildly interesting.
                    Defenders relied heavily on the Iron Fist storyline in S1. Definitely led to a slow start, though it was better as the season went along.

                    Iron Fist S2 (I'm a few episodes in) is already far better than S1, thankfully. Seems based on his cameo in Luke Cage S2 and Iron Fist S2 so far that they heard the critiques and corrected for them.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Punisher lasted longer but still couldn't get through the season. Ended on 7 or 8 I think. But I might go back and finish it. It was mildly interesting.
                      I've heard this before, but after watching the season, I gotta say, I just don't get it... Lol I'm very much into it, and think the story has been moving along at a solid clip. Bernthal as Frank Castle is just great casting. Ben Barnes for Billy/Jigsaw is great as well. Very much looking forward to the 2nd Season.

                      No real intention to watch the other shows though. Punisher was always my guy, so this one was a no brainer for me.

                      Comment


                      • Joey wrote: View Post
                        I've heard this before, but after watching the season, I gotta say, I just don't get it... Lol I'm very much into it, and think the story has been moving along at a solid clip. Bernthal as Frank Castle is just great casting. Ben Barnes for Billy/Jigsaw is great as well. Very much looking forward to the 2nd Season.

                        No real intention to watch the other shows though. Punisher was always my guy, so this one was a no brainer for me.
                        I also watch tv with my wife.. and if she gets bored we usually end up switching off to another (new) show. lol

                        But she told me the other day that she still wants to finish the season. So it's on our queue

                        Comment


                        • DanH wrote: View Post
                          That's a weird show choice. Iron Fist S1 was by far the worst show-season of any of those shows. Daredevil is really good, Lue Cage and JJ are solid, Defenders was fun.
                          i thought luke cage season 1 was the worst. luke cage season 2 got much better. iron fist 1 a solid second worst for me.

                          jessica jones has been the best "series", daredevil 2 was the best season, and punisher is good tv

                          Comment


                          • Joey wrote: View Post
                            I've heard this before, but after watching the season, I gotta say, I just don't get it... Lol I'm very much into it, and think the story has been moving along at a solid clip. Bernthal as Frank Castle is just great casting. Ben Barnes for Billy/Jigsaw is great as well. Very much looking forward to the 2nd Season.

                            No real intention to watch the other shows though. Punisher was always my guy, so this one was a no brainer for me.
                            Punisher has an awesome half-season arc in Daredevil S2. Really took that show from very good to great, IMO. Might be worth watching if you like Bernthal's Punisher.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              i thought luke cage season 1 was the worst. luke cage season 2 got much better. iron fist 1 a solid second worst for me.

                              jessica jones has been the best "series", daredevil 2 was the best season, and punisher is good tv
                              I liked DD 1 over DD 2. Mainly because Kingpin (D'Onforio) was so awesome in it. The scene where he rips the guy's head off with his car door was just too awesome.

                              I didn't care too much about the "Hand" story line in DD season 2. The Punisher was awesome, but the Hand stuff with Elektra was a let down. Thus I rank season 1 better than season 2.

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post
                                That's a weird show choice. Iron Fist S1 was by far the worst show-season of any of those shows. Daredevil is really good, Lue Cage and JJ are solid, Defenders was fun.
                                There wasn't any rhyme or reason behind choosing Iron Fist first. I threw a metaphorical dart at the TV to see what would stick.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X