Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Damn, loved reading everyone's reviews on the different series.

    Luke Cage season 2 was a complete upgrade from season 1 to me. I thought the story and the character connections were so much better.

    Daredevil/Punisher/Jessica Jones were all good, too.

    Defenders was fun, but it was slow to start. It was definitely worth the investment into the season, though.

    Watched the first episode of Iron Fist season 2, and I've got to say, it was solid. Better than any of season 1, in my opinion, lol. I've just got to say, for a martial arts expert, and a guy who is the "defender" of K'un-Lun, Finn Jones and his stunt-double are kinda lacking for me. It just feels so rudimentary, lol.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

    Comment


    • Three episodes into the Night Manager, with Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston, and really enjoying it.

      Comment


      • I just got started on season 1 of Ozark. Better late than never, right?

        After watching Arrested Development, I'm still unsure of Bateman in a dramatic role.

        Comment


        • Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I just got started on season 1 of Ozark. Better late than never, right?

          After watching Arrested Development, I'm still unsure of Bateman in a dramatic role.
          I quit halfway into the first episode. Let me know if it gets better, it felt like a cheap Breaking Bad knockoff to me.

          I'm halfway through Maniac. It's quirky and a little too precious but definitely interesting. Also Jonah Hill is doing his best but they really should have cast a better actor. Everyone else is crushing it.
          It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

          Comment


          • Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I quit halfway into the first episode. Let me know if it gets better, it felt like a cheap Breaking Bad knockoff to me.

            I'm halfway through Maniac. It's quirky and a little too precious but definitely interesting. Also Jonah Hill is doing his best but they really should have cast a better actor. Everyone else is crushing it.
            I'm 3 episodes into Ozark. But agreed, the pilot seemed to move at a mile-a-minute, and definitely some resemblance to Breaking Bad. But it does slow down to a more manageable pace. I'm intrigued so far.

            Comment


            • I really like Ozark. It's like a somber-blue Breaking Bad where the whole family is in on it.

              Lots of good "comedies" out there right now. Maniac, The Good Place (S2), Forever, Miss Maisel, Bojack, Arrested Development, Archer, Better Call Saul, more.
              Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Sep 26th, 2018, 12:32 PM.

              Comment


              • Joey wrote: View Post
                Three episodes into the Night Manager, with Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston, and really enjoying it.
                Wow...did not realize there was a Season 2. Saw s1 and really enjoyed it.

                ....Edit: False alarm ..S2 is just a rumour! Assume you are on S1 then?
                Last edited by Bendit; Wed Sep 26th, 2018, 01:13 PM.

                Comment


                • Comment


                  • Comment


                    • Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Wow...did not realize there was a Season 2. Saw s1 and really enjoyed it.

                      ....Edit: False alarm ..S2 is just a rumour! Assume you are on S1 then?
                      Yep, just Season 1! Sorry to get your hopes up. I have also already inquired about a 2nd Season, because I'm enjoying this so much, and there's only 6 episodes.

                      Comment


                      • Anyone have Prime Video?

                        Just picked up on Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan. Fricking fun so far. John Krasinski does an impressive job playing the part. Just on episode 2, and I'm already hooked.

                        It's not your average American vs. terrorist in the middle-east war. Already some solid character development. From my perspective. I recommend it to those who love action and the puzzles of crime/war, etc.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                        Comment


                        • ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                          Anyone have Prime Video?

                          Just picked up on Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan. Fricking fun so far. John Krasinski does an impressive job playing the part. Just on episode 2, and I'm already hooked.

                          It's not your average American vs. terrorist in the middle-east war. Already some solid character development. From my perspective. I recommend it to those who love action and the puzzles of crime/war, etc.
                          Ya I'm 4 Episodes in, and enjoying it.

                          Comment


                          • Joey wrote: View Post
                            Ya I'm 4 Episodes in, and enjoying it.
                            It's awesome.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                            Comment


                            • ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                              It's awesome.
                              It's on my never-ending list of shows to watch....but I'll move it closer to the top.

                              Comment


                              • Just finished Jack Ryan. Good watch. I'd watch a second season.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X