TV Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    I just finished Maniac. I honestly think it’s a masterpiece. It is such a clever story that really explores complex and difficult themes. It balances comedy with drama expertly. The performances across the board are incredible (Jonah Hill gets better throughout. He really shines in this one if you can separate him from his past characters). This may be because I didn’t really know what to expect going into it, but I was absolutely floored by this mini series. The writing was incredible as well.

This show is so much higher quality than anything on Netflix. It’s a thought provoking, cinematic masterpiece. I truly believe this.
    I finished it and I still feel the same way as I did before. It was very good but it would have been much better without Jonah Hill mumbling his way through the majority of the episodes.

Comment

• Pretty hilarious show I just watched... season 1 of American Vandal (on Netflix). Going to watch season 2 as soon as I can get to it.

Here is a trailer (NSFW):

Comment

• Anyone here watch Mr Robot? Amazing show, its on Prime Video

Comment

• Wondering how long until Stephen King's The Stand gets a proper series.

The internet tells me not so long, but it will be a 10-part mini-series. CBS All Access?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Wondering how long until Stephen King's The Stand gets a proper series.

The internet tells me not so long, but it will be a 10-part mini-series. CBS All Access?
            The 4 Episode mini-series for the Stand (from 94 I think?) was fantastic, don't know why we need a new one... but I agree it's only a matter of time. Lol
            Last edited by Joey; Mon Oct 15th, 2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              The 4 Episode mini-series for the Stand (from 94 I think?) was fantastic, don't know why we need a new one... but I agree it's only a matter of time. Lol

Comment

• Such a coincidence.. I had the Stand on in the background while I was doing house chores over the weekend. The ending was totally bizarre with the hand coming in and blowing up Las Vegas.

I don't believe in remakes generally, but this is one they should definitely consider. Perhaps a 10 episode mini-series on Netflix or Amazon Prime or something. There are a lot of ways to produce a show like this. I'm not sure an "IT" style movie would be the right way though.

Comment

• Iron Fist and Luke Cage got cancelled. Wonder if this has anything to do with Disney wanting to move their shows over to their own streaming service

Comment

• and... I finished Daredevil on Monday.

I was fucking blown away. If ya'll haven't jumped on season 3, I suggest doing so now, unless you absolutely have no time to spare. I was hooked for each and every episode. The concept, the character development, the backstory, the fight scenes... everything was MARVELous. (sorry)
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                      and... I finished Daredevil on Monday.

I was fucking blown away. If ya'll haven't jumped on season 3, I suggest doing so now, unless you absolutely have no time to spare. I was hooked for each and every episode. The concept, the character development, the backstory, the fight scenes... everything was MARVELous. (sorry)
                      Do you need to see Defenders before you see Daredevil 3? I've seen DD 1+2, Jessica Jones 1, and 1/2 of Luke Cage 1 as a reference point.

Comment

• Haunting of Hill House was awesome. Highly recommended.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Haunting of Hill House was awesome. Highly recommended.
                          Is it shit-your-pants awesome? Because I tend to get enough of that already from watching the Raptors every Spring...

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Is it shit-your-pants awesome? Because I tend to get enough of that already from watching the Raptors every Spring...
                            LOL.. It's got some spooks but it was really more about a family and their relationship with each other. Good acting and writing, and good use of time. The writers move back and forth from the past to the present and show perspectives from each sibling and why they're so f*cked up.

I was expecting a horror story told in 10 hour long episodes.. but it's far more than that.

Comment

• Cool, I'll add it to the queue

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Do you need to see Defenders before you see Daredevil 3? I've seen DD 1+2, Jessica Jones 1, and 1/2 of Luke Cage 1 as a reference point.
                                *POTENTIAL SPOILER*

Nope, I mean, it references basically what happened at the end of the Defenders into the beginning of Daredevil 3. It's an important development through the first few episodes I think, but not a major impact on the main plot. As long as you've seen DD 1 + 2, it'll come together for ya.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X