Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Is it shit-your-pants awesome? Because I tend to get enough of that already from watching the Raptors every Spring...
    It is. But watch it anyway (if you like super well made scary shows).

    Comment


    • ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      *POTENTIAL SPOILER*

      Nope, I mean, it references basically what happened at the end of the Defenders into the beginning of Daredevil 3. It's an important development through the first few episodes I think, but not a major impact on the main plot. As long as you've seen DD 1 + 2, it'll come together for ya.
      I'd recommend watching it (it wasn't bad as a show either), personally, but you can probably get by without it (though in that case might as well google a plot summary to fill in the blanks).

      Just finished S3 myself - absolutely fantastic season.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • planetmars wrote: View Post
        Haunting of Hill House was awesome. Highly recommended.
        Finally started this last night, got 3 episodes in. I like the story so far and there's been a couple "WTF WAS THAT?!" moments... me likey very much, gonna continue tomorrow.
        The Double Champ is here!
        Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
        Raptors: Larry O'Brien

        Comment


        • planetmars wrote: View Post
          LOL.. It's got some spooks but it was really more about a family and their relationship with each other. Good acting and writing, and good use of time. The writers move back and forth from the past to the present and show perspectives from each sibling and why they're so f*cked up.

          I was expecting a horror story told in 10 hour long episodes.. but it's far more than that.
          It's a very classic ghost story. If you liked it, I would recommend the original film adaptation of the book called The Haunting. It's from the 1960s but it stands up pretty good and is one of the best old-school horror movies ever made. It's also very different from the Netflix show, so you won't feel as though you are watching the same thing....

          Comment


          • slaw wrote: View Post
            It's a very classic ghost story. If you liked it, I would recommend the original film adaptation of the book called The Haunting. It's from the 1960s but it stands up pretty good and is one of the best old-school horror movies ever made. It's also very different from the Netflix show, so you won't feel as though you are watching the same thing....
            Cool thanks for the recommendation. I've seen the early 2000's remake with Liam Neeson and Catherine Zeta-Jones.

            I'm glad the show went in a different direction from that movie.

            Comment


            • planetmars wrote: View Post
              Cool thanks for the recommendation. I've seen the early 2000's remake with Liam Neeson and Catherine Zeta-Jones.

              I'm glad the show went in a different direction from that movie.
              No, that Liam Neeson movie was terrible. The original is much better.

              Comment


              • So I started watching Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. I was somewhat skeptical about Prime's show quality, but I'm liking it so far.

                If you're a fan of Homeland, I think you'll enjoy this.

                Comment


                • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  So I started watching Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. I was somewhat skeptical about Prime's show quality, but I'm liking it so far.

                  If you're a fan of Homeland, I think you'll enjoy this.
                  I really enjoyed Jack Ryan. I was more skeptical of Jim Halpert being a CIA agent ... but it works. Lol
                  And ya, Amazon has more money than pretty much anyone else as a company to pump into Prime, so their quality better be top notch ... and it is for the most part.

                  Just started "Man in the High Castle" and it is really well made. "Marvelous Ms. Maisel" also has been getting great reviews. And that new Julia Roberts "Homecoming" is also supposed to be really good.

                  Considering Prime Video is just a throw-in for the larger Prime service, I'm super pleased with it.

                  Comment


                  • Daredevil season 3 is awesome

                    Comment


                    • I'm excited for Good Omens (based on book by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett). Also on Prime.

                      Comment


                      • Joey wrote: View Post
                        I really enjoyed Jack Ryan. I was more skeptical of Jim Halpert being a CIA agent ... but it works. Lol
                        And ya, Amazon has more money than pretty much anyone else as a company to pump into Prime, so their quality better be top notch ... and it is for the most part.

                        Just started "Man in the High Castle" and it is really well made. "Marvelous Ms. Maisel" also has been getting great reviews. And that new Julia Roberts "Homecoming" is also supposed to be really good.

                        Considering Prime Video is just a throw-in for the larger Prime service, I'm super pleased with it.
                        I'm guessing it was his role in '13 Hours' that led to this casting.



                        I never really watched NBC's Office (it felt blasphemous as a Ricky Gervais fan )

                        Comment


                        • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I'm guessing it was his role in '13 Hours' that led to this casting.



                          I never really watched NBC's Office (it felt blasphemous as a Ricky Gervais fan )
                          https://youtu.be/qHrN5Mf5sgo

                          Comment


                          • April 2019.

                            The Double Champ is here!
                            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                            Comment


                            • Mack North wrote: View Post
                              April 2019.

                              Comment


                              • Looks like Netflix canceled Daredevil. And it seems like it was more Disney's idea than Netflix's.

                                Not sure if I want to see season 3 now if it doesn't wrap up the series in a nice little bow.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X