TV Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

Alright FINE, I'll watch Dark ... Geeeeez.

And HBO's The Night Of is pretty fantastic ... I mean, it's HBO, so it's not like you really have to wonder or take a gamble ... hard to watch sometimes, but in the same way that Chernobyl is "hard to watch". If you watched the Wire, you'll recognize Michael K. Williams ... he's a scene stealer everytime.

Night Manager was great. Changed my mind about Tom Hiddleston. The guy oozes charm. And Hugh Laurie is just so good.

Jack Ryan with John Krazinsky was a nice surprise as well if you're into that sort of fare. It's getting a 2nd Season as well shortly.

I will once again plug The Expanse in hopes someone else watches it, so I have someone to talk about it with... Haha
    Loved both Night Of & Night Manager. Thought both Riz Ahmad And Turturro were great in the former. You may like the Reluctant Fundamentalist (Riz A.).

Comment

• Enjoyed the umbrella factory more than I expected, but it is a bit slow.

The boys is really good.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Having a great TV weekend.

Finished off Dark Season 2 (great show, can't believe I have to wait at least a year for Season 3 now - ugh!). Have one more episode to go with Chernobyl which I'll wrap up later this afternoon/evening. One of the best mini-series I've ever seen.

Going to have to figure out what to do next with my time. Tried Mindhunter but couldn't get into it.. couldn't even finish the first episode. I still have it in my queue though in case I feel like trying again. Heard A Night Of was good. Might try it out next. Either that or The Night Manager. Loved Hugh Laurie from House.. and I heard great things about that one too.

Mindhunter has a very slow start, but once it gets going near the last few episodes of season 1 it really picks up steam.The episodes directed by David Fincher are quite a bit better than the ones not directed by him. Excited to start season 2 soon.

Watched season 3 of stranger things over the past week. Really rough start but once it got going it was pretty consistently good. Not great, but good. Probably on par with or a bit worse than the second season. The first season remains the best and is a clear notch above the other two IMO.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Having a great TV weekend.

Finished off Dark Season 2 (great show, can't believe I have to wait at least a year for Season 3 now - ugh!). Have one more episode to go with Chernobyl which I'll wrap up later this afternoon/evening. One of the best mini-series I've ever seen.

Going to have to figure out what to do next with my time. Tried Mindhunter but couldn't get into it.. couldn't even finish the first episode. I still have it in my queue though in case I feel like trying again. Heard A Night Of was good. Might try it out next. Either that or The Night Manager. Loved Hugh Laurie from House.. and I heard great things about that one too.

I'm also glad you watched Dark. It is one of the best Netflix originals out there.

Joey, you are now obligated to watch Dark. Do it.

Comment

• Had heard rumblings that Aaron Paul was returning as Jesse Pinkman ... I guess this confirms it .. Bitch!

Comment

• Skinny Pete is looking old in that clip. The drug racket has been rough on everyone.

Comment

• Can I admit something? Something embarrassing and shameful? (as a self proclaimed cinephile)

I never finished Breaking Bad. It's not even that I didn't like it, I did. I just couldn't make myself watch that many episodes. There are too many episodes for me. I think I might have made it into the third or fourth season.

Ok, that was my confession. Please forgive me.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                  Can I admit something? Something embarrassing and shameful? (as a self proclaimed cinephile)

I never finished Breaking Bad. It's not even that I didn't like it, I did. I just couldn't make myself watch that many episodes. There are too many episodes for me. I think I might have made it into the third or fourth season.

Ok, that was my confession. Please forgive me.

It's a really slow moving show. You could summarize the entire show in a few sentences. That's part of the beauty of watching it though. It's also why I'm a huge fan of Better Call Saul. I love Vince Gilligan.

I found Seasons 4 through 6 were just incredible. Gus Fring is such an awesome character.

Ozymandias is one of my favourite episodes in TV period (one of the last episodes in season 6).

If you get a chance, stick with it. The pay off (at least for me) was worth it.

Comment

• Watched the first episode of Succession on HBO - consider me hooked.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Watched the first episode of Succession on HBO - consider me hooked.
                      I see Brian Cox, I watch. He was amazing in Deadwood and Westworld. Will check it out.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Watched the first episode of Succession on HBO - consider me hooked.
                        This is good TV.... its the blackest and most deadpan comedy on Crave.
                        Who is your fave diletante.. Shiv.. Kendal or Roman....?

Comment

• Righteous Gemstones is pretty damn good so far. Cast is awesome.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I see Brian Cox, I watch. He was amazing in Deadwood and Westworld. Will check it out.
                            Watched the first episode of Succession ... god damnit, I did not need another show to watch, but I'm definitely watching this one. Lol

Comment

• Peaky Blinders Season 5 anyone? So intense so far, hard to watch only one a week.
                              The Double Champ is here!
                              Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                              Raptors: Larry O'Brien

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

This is good TV.... its the blackest and most deadpan comedy on Crave.
                                Who is your fave diletante.. Shiv.. Kendal or Roman....?
                                Roman is pretty damn funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X