Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For those who think Sacha Baron Cohen is simply Borat .. Netflix has THE SPY...
    Borat can play a serious role...
    Its short... 6 Episodes ..you can binge it if your an isomniac like me in two nights.

    True story of an Israeli agent who penetrates the Syrian government in the 60's. Its not a shoot em up type but a methodical look at how the Mossad got a guy into the Assad family run business that is Syria.

    Comment


    • This looks interesting ... what's better than Paul Rudd in a show? How about two Paul Rudds?! Lol

      Comment


      • 2 Episodes into Peaky Blinders, and have decided that everything else is on hold until I'm fully caught on this show ... god damn, how have I not watched this?! Cillian Murphy as Tommy is already one of my favourite TV characters ever. Lol

        Comment


        • Joey wrote: View Post
          2 Episodes into Peaky Blinders, and have decided that everything else is on hold until I'm fully caught on this show ... god damn, how have I not watched this?! Cillian Murphy as Tommy is already one of my favourite TV characters ever. Lol
          You just started into the first season? You will not regret. Sam Neill is one of my favourite characters in the show.

          You will be buying a peaky blinder cap for this winter

          Comment


          • Bendit wrote: View Post

            You just started into the first season? You will not regret. Sam Neill is one of my favourite characters in the show.

            You will be buying a peaky blinder cap for this winter
            Are you caught up on Season 5? I watched eps 4 & 5 last night, just have the finale left which I believe aired last night so I'll likely catch it tomorrow.

            I'm pretty sure you were the one who recommended this show a couple years ago when I started it, so for that, I thank you!
            The Double Champ is here!
            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

            Comment


            • Bendit wrote: View Post

              You just started into the first season? You will not regret. Sam Neill is one of my favourite characters in the show.

              You will be buying a peaky blinder cap for this winter
              Yep! You guys inspired me.
              Image result for no ragrets gif

              Comment


              • Mack North wrote: View Post

                Are you caught up on Season 5? I watched eps 4 & 5 last night, just have the finale left which I believe aired last night so I'll likely catch it tomorrow.

                I'm pretty sure you were the one who recommended this show a couple years ago when I started it, so for that, I thank you!
                No, I was waiting for all jic I was in a binge mood... so I shall start pretty soon. I have been watching another well acted show but a different genre ... "Big Little Lies". Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern, one of the Skarsgaard boys etc ... so a pretty good cast. The best way I can describe it is about the lives of rich women/families in Monterey who get caught up in a death which is being investigated. The script is funny as heck, serious, about relationships and bringing up children. It is over 2 seasons and 14 episodes... and the music was great as well. I recommend it (have the hots for Kidman forever ) but can get a bit soapish. Give it a go... the missus, if one, will like it too. Meryl Streep is in the 2nd season.

                Comment


                • Bendit wrote: View Post

                  No, I was waiting for all jic I was in a binge mood... so I shall start pretty soon. I have been watching another well acted show but a different genre ... "Big Little Lies". Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern, one of the Skarsgaard boys etc ... so a pretty good cast. The best way I can describe it is about the lives of rich women/families in Monterey who get caught up in a death which is being investigated. The script is funny as heck, serious, about relationships and bringing up children. It is over 2 seasons and 14 episodes... and the music was great as well. I recommend it (have the hots for Kidman forever ) but can get a bit soapish. Give it a go... the missus, if one, will like it too. Meryl Streep is in the 2nd season.
                  The wife and I watched the entire season one last Boxing day actually lol... I didn't know there was a season two until she was halfway through it, she killed it all in one weekend so I doubt i will ever get around to watching it myself. It is a good show though, just not quite my forte if the wife isn't watching it.
                  The Double Champ is here!
                  Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                  Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                  Comment


                  • Joey wrote: View Post
                    This looks interesting ... what's better than Paul Rudd in a show? How about two Paul Rudds?! Lol
                    Starring both Paul Rudds!! Somtimes Paul Rudd plays the depressed and cynical/neurotic side role. Sometimes he plays the funny, well adjusted straight man role. This time, Paul Rudd does BOTH Paul Rudds.

                    A show about Paul Rudd, starring Paul Rudd, and Paul Rudd. The words Paul and Rudd are starting to lose all meaning the more I type them. Rudd...rudd...rudddddd....
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • Halfway through Season 2 of Peaky Blinders ... Did not know Tom Hardy was in it!! That was a pleasant surprise. The acting from everyone though is top notch.

                      Comment


                      • Joey wrote: View Post
                        Halfway through Season 2 of Peaky Blinders ... Did not know Tom Hardy was in it!! That was a pleasant surprise. The acting from everyone though is top notch.
                        Have you got used to the copious amounts of alcohol and cigarette consumption yet? Haha. I was thinking of my yester years lol.

                        Comment


                        • Who's watching Wu-Tang: An American Saga?

                          I'm one week behind, but loving it so far.

                          Man, I miss 90's hip hop.

                          Comment


                          • Bendit wrote: View Post

                            Have you got used to the copious amounts of alcohol and cigarette consumption yet? Haha. I was thinking of my yester years lol.
                            I love it all. Except for Major Campbell. Fuck that guy. Love Sam Neill in the role, but man, he's like Ramsay Bolton in that he's just so good at playing a terribly unlikable person. Lol

                            Comment


                            • Joey wrote: View Post

                              I love it all. Except for Major Campbell. Fuck that guy. Love Sam Neill in the role, but man, he's like Ramsay Bolton in that he's just so good at playing a terribly unlikable person. Lol
                              And he puts on an amazingly well-"pronounced" brogue as well doesn't he? I am always confused between the Irish & Scottish accents. Tom Hardy carries his role well too.Have u seen the Hardy series "Taboo"? It's a good one if u like him (with a Canada connection).

                              Comment


                              • Joey wrote: View Post
                                2 Episodes into Peaky Blinders, and have decided that everything else is on hold until I'm fully caught on this show ... god damn, how have I not watched this?! Cillian Murphy as Tommy is already one of my favourite TV characters ever. Lol
                                You bet ... perhaps the best series going.... Its right up there with Homeland and The Wire for me. .
                                We finished season 5 ...and now have to wait for a year or so for what might be the last season .. season 6.

                                .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X