Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

    Hey.. haven't seen you darken the boards for a while...
    Trust your OK ....
    I'm fine ... thanks for asking ... just didn't feel I could offer the "political" forums much other than repeating myself with the same personalities. Kind of self defeating and personally destructive I thought.... so take a break. And then the Covid stuff hits us all and not too much to take from that than personal self-care and hoping we can all get out of this somewhat intact. Glad that bb is back ... and movies (or old ones) to look forward to. Cheers.

    Comment


    • Bendit wrote: View Post

      I'm fine ... thanks for asking ... just didn't feel I could offer the "political" forums much other than repeating myself with the same personalities. Kind of self defeating and personally destructive I thought.... so take a break. And then the Covid stuff hits us all and not too much to take from that than personal self-care and hoping we can all get out of this somewhat intact. Glad that bb is back ... and movies (or old ones) to look forward to. Cheers.
      The exchange of points of view is never without merit.
      I too am glad sports is back ...
      Stay well.
      "We can grow the economy not from the top down the way Mr. Harper wants to... but from the heart outwards". ---- Justin Trudeau 2015

      Comment


      • Joey wrote: View Post
        This looks awesome...
        Sarah Paulson is excellent. Is this a miniseries or a movie?

        Comment


        • Maury wrote: View Post

          Sarah Paulson is excellent. Is this a miniseries or a movie?
          Full Series I believe.

          Comment


          • Also, a series by Ridley Scott? Fuck yes.

            Comment


            • It has been a long time since I've been this hyped about a show ...

              Comment


              • Joey wrote: View Post
                It has been a long time since I've been this hyped about a show ...
                First 3 episodes are everything I'd hoped for, and then some. The acting is absolutely SPECTACULAR. This show is gonna be special.

                Comment


                • I watched Sons of Anarchy from start to finish over the last three or four months. Great series that got a little boring for a few episodes there in season 3 or 4 but went on for a strong finish.

                  *****Spoilers ahead****

                  Unfortunately, when I was in about season five, Youtube recommendation panel displayed a video with a spoiler headline of the last scene of the show... Note to self, never search YT for related show content about old shows. So I knew the end game but I kind of figured it would go that way and so it didn't ruin the last 2.5 seasons I had to get through. I know some didn't like how it finished with Jax but the story set him up as a tragic hero and tragic heroes always meet the same fate; his Dad was a tragic hero as well. Once we get deep into season five or six Jax unredeemable, he's not Clay but he is bad, he has too much innocent blood on his hands, kills without hesitation, shows little to no remorse and such a story told from a different perspective could easily flip you from pulling for him to absolutely despising him. Anyway, I think for the most part this was a show that never weakened as it wore on in age (like GOT did and Vikings and TWD, etc). I may watch Mayans MC one day but I don't have any desire to do so right now. It would have been great had they did a SOA prequel show or movie and I read Sutter was working towards something like that but was fired. Oh well.

                  Comment


                  • Yeah I really enjoyed SOA. Don't really feel like watching Mayans MC though. I think it has more to do with the characters from SOA. I don't think that can be replicated in a new show. It was the characters that got me hooked, less so the story.

                    Comment


                    • planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Yeah I really enjoyed SOA. Don't really feel like watching Mayans MC though. I think it has more to do with the characters from SOA. I don't think that can be replicated in a new show. It was the characters that got me hooked, less so the story.
                      The characters did have a lot of depth. I like how the storytelling reveals details about characters without explaining them and then lets the meaning get it organically get revealed later at critical times. The story is the motorcycle that develops the characters. There's a lot of pitstops that turn out to be meaningless to the main storyline but very important to expanding the characters.

                      The story is full of plot twists as well and most of those were well executed. Misdirection is shamelessly abused through all seven seasons.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Thu Nov 12, 2020, 11:23 AM.

                      Comment


                      • So the Mandalorian just had the best 3 episode stretch of TV that I can remember in a really long time, especially without a finale or opener in that stretch. Such a good show.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                        If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                        Comment


                        • Axel wrote: View Post
                          So the Mandalorian just had the best 3 episode stretch of TV that I can remember in a really long time, especially without a finale or opener in that stretch. Such a good show.
                          Looking forward to this season.. but will catch it once its done so I can cram it all in at once. It's the closest thing to match the feel of the original star wars movies. The prequels and the sequels pretty much suck. I mean I still haven't seen episode 9 yet.

                          Comment


                          • planetmars wrote: View Post

                            Looking forward to this season.. but will catch it once its done so I can cram it all in at once. It's the closest thing to match the feel of the original star wars movies. The prequels and the sequels pretty much suck. I mean I still haven't seen episode 9 yet.
                            oh man, episodes 4, 5, 6 are amazing!!!!
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                            Comment


                            • You guys talked me into it ... just started watching Mandalorian on my new 70” 4K behemoth, and it’s the most fun I’ve had watching TV in a little bit.

                              image widget

                              Comment


                              • Completed the second season to the Mandalorian over Christmas. So many easter eggs. Wish I could discuss spoilers here but will wait a bit. Can't wait until season 3.

                                Jon Favreau is so good.. such an underrated writer/director/producer.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X