TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Coincidentally I started that up earlier this week.. I think I'm on episode 6 or 7 of the first season. It's a great show.

Wanted to wrap up The Expanse which finished it's 5th season the other night. Highly recommended if you are into science fiction.
    Episode 8 is excellent and then in season 2 they just keep pumping out excellent stories. I'm sort of bummed I'm almost out of new episodes.

As for the Expanse, I watched the first couple seasons and I've been meaning to revisit. How are seasons three and onward compared to the first couple seasons?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Episode 8 is excellent and then in season 2 they just keep pumping out excellent stories. I'm sort of bummed I'm almost out of new episodes.

As for the Expanse, I watched the first couple seasons and I've been meaning to revisit. How are seasons three and onward compared to the first couple seasons?
      Season 3 really has two parts / two distinct story lines. The first half was really good. Second half was less so. I didn't really enjoy season 4. But season 5 was really well done.

These are my personal rankings:

Season 2
      Season 5
      Season 1
      Season 3
      Season 4

The 6th will be its last.. apparently their are 9 books.. and a lot of story left to tell after the 6th book. So I wonder if they'll make a movie to wrap it all up?

Comment

Season 3 really has two parts / two distinct story lines. The first half was really good. Second half was less so. I didn't really enjoy season 4. But season 5 was really well done.

These are my personal rankings:

Season 2
        Season 5
        Season 1
        Season 3
        Season 4

The 6th will be its last.. apparently their are 9 books.. and a lot of story left to tell after the 6th book. So I wonder if they'll make a movie to wrap it all up?
        Haven't watched Season 5 yet, but 1 and 2 are by far my favourites, so to see that you've put 5 ahead of the 1st season, is pretty exciting.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          I've been watching The Boys the past couple weeks and I'm almost done season two. I think its been great so far, a pretty fresh take on the Superhero genre and its probably been just as enjoyable for me as the Mandalorian was. I highly recommend it.
          Man, it's so damn good. I might even say I enjoyed it more than I am Mandolorian, but I'm not quite done Season 2 of Mando, and I've heard much hype about its finale.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Anyone else watch WandaVision? Super weird
            I'm so on board for it. Love the weirdness, and love how it's now coming into form and the curtain is being pulled back a bit.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Man, it's so damn good. I might even say I enjoyed it more than I am Mandolorian, but I'm not quite done Season 2 of Mando, and I've heard much hype about its finale.
              You should definitely holdoff judgement until the end of season two. Like I said earlier in here after finishing that season: holy crap. That last episode in particular... Damn, so good.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Haven't watched Season 5 yet, but 1 and 2 are by far my favourites, so to see that you've put 5 ahead of the 1st season, is pretty exciting.
                The actress who plays Naomi does such a great job in this season. Most of the season is about her and Amos (which is what made it awesome).

Comment

The actress who plays Naomi does such a great job in this season. Most of the season is about her and Amos (which is what made it awesome).
                  Amos is one of my favourite characters in any show ever.

Comment

• Caught up on WandaVision over the weekend.. not sure I can say I'm a big fan but it's definitely unique. The show picked up some steam after the 3rd episode. I heard it sets up the Marvel franchise and it's next slate of movies so wanted to check it out.

The one thing that Marvel does so well is bringing in secondary or tertiary actors from previous movies. Natalie Portman's friend from the original Thor movie. The FBI agent from Ant Man and the daughter (grown up) from Captain Marvel all make an appearance. So if you didn't watch all the movies you could get pretty confused as to who was who.

Plus getting that guy/character to play Wanda's brother was pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X