Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Game of Thrones (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    Well, the Mad Queen has arrived.

Pretty much me last night ...

It just kept going! Lol Doesn't Drogon run out of Fuel or anything?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    jimmie wrote: View Post
    I get that things are feeling "rushed" this season, but often the rationale behind why things happened the way they did in this series comes later in the narrative.
    Because of some of the ridiculous things from season seven compounded by the poor writing this season I decided to read the spoiler leaks to spare myself a little bit from what my gut tells me is yet to come and let me tell you, be prepared to be gravely disappointed. There will be no figurative dragon flying at maximum Warp to rescue us off this frozen island of despair.

Maybe the leaks are wrong but I looked back at the leaks for the first four episodes and they're pretty much bang on.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

I'm more curious as to how Euron went 3 for 3 on Rhaegal (one through the fucking neck) from a very long distance, and yet missed dozens of shots point-blank against Drogon, who is a much bigger target (I believe).

But ya, lots of questionable moves by D&D the last couple epis.

I want to see Dragon Armor ... that will make me feel better. Gendry, get on it!
    The same reason pretty much everyone important survived the battle of Winterfell. I mean Jamie was getting dry humped against the wall for a half hour by dozens of zombie as if they briefly forgot how to bite or stab. lol

Leave a comment:

• jimmie
    replied
    I get that things are feeling "rushed" this season, but often the rationale behind why things happened the way they did in this series comes later in the narrative. For instance, what if Dany was "set up" for Euron to ambush her? Varys seems to have some stake in her not getting the crown, and he was a super powerful player along with Littlefinger in the early seasons when the actual game of thrones was really humming. It's not out of the question that we'll get some reveals over the course of the next 2 episodes that help explain some of the criticisms, like Varys sending a message to Cersei via one of his "little birds" that the dragons were coming...

As for why Cersei didn't just off them all last episode, well, maybe she knows that would alert Jon Snow and the rest who are on their way, when she really wants them all in once place so she can annihilate them at the same time. Or, she wants King's Landing to be attacked and obliterated by Dany so the people turn to her and against the attackers...

I don't think it's all bad this season, but it does seem like they're rushing to wrap things up when they could have spent another whole season on this stuff if they wanted.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

And why didn't she torch their fleet after deeking their volley of arrows, rather than just flying off in a huff?
    I'm more curious as to how Euron went 3 for 3 on Rhaegal (one through the fucking neck) from a very long distance, and yet missed dozens of shots point-blank against Drogon, who is a much bigger target (I believe).

But ya, lots of questionable moves by D&D the last couple epis.

I want to see Dragon Armor ... that will make me feel better. Gendry, get on it!

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

Thought the exact same thing. Thought it was really stupid they had Drogon sitting in the background of that scene.

Crazy to think there are only 2 episodes left. I think this season leaving so many unsatisfied will just push everyone who hasn't read the books yet to start reading. GRRMs plan all along. Lol

Also think with everyone saying "we still know nothing about the Night King! WTF HBO?!" is exactly what they wanted, and is the perfect segue to the Prequel which covers exactly that... the birth of the White Walkers by the Children of the Forest to keep the first men out, and then ultimate teaming with the First Men to then drive the White Walkers North of the unbuilt Wall.
    And why didn't she torch their fleet after deeking their volley of arrows, rather than just flying off in a huff?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Episode was pretty good. But there were a few big plot holes to me. The first is when the dragon got killled.. How did dany flying above the sea not see a whole other fleet of ships before they were able to launch those arrows into the dragon? Secondly when they went to meet cersi at king landing what was stopping them from firing those same giant arrows into the dragon and then just lighting up dany and the like 100 soliders she came their with? Seems like they had a major advantage and could have just killed the dragon queen right then and their. Very weird strategy to me that dany would go to kings landing with such a small army.
    They were totally devastated at sea. Why weren't they finished off then and there? How did they make it to Kings Landing? How did they go through that AND make it to Kings Landing before Jon Snow and the infantry? Why would they go without their main forces to meet Cersi?

Then we get into all your points, which are all good points. If Cersi was being the Cersi she's been developed as then Dany, Tyrion, the Unsullied and the dragon would all be lit up by the dozen ballistas mounted to the castle walls. Cersi doesn't fight fair. Most people who win in Game of Thrones don't fight fair and she had enough missiles and archers to wipe them out.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Episode was pretty good. But there were a few big plot holes to me. The first is when the dragon got killled.. How did dany flying above the sea not see a whole other fleet of ships before they were able to launch those arrows into the dragon? Secondly when they went to meet cersi at king landing what was stopping them from firing those same giant arrows into the dragon and then just lighting up dany and the like 100 soliders she came their with? Seems like they had a major advantage and could have just killed the dragon queen right then and their. Very weird strategy to me that dany would go to kings landing with such a small army.
    Thought the exact same thing. Thought it was really stupid they had Drogon sitting in the background of that scene.

Crazy to think there are only 2 episodes left. I think this season leaving so many unsatisfied will just push everyone who hasn't read the books yet to start reading. GRRMs plan all along. Lol

Also think with everyone saying "we still know nothing about the Night King! WTF HBO?!" is exactly what they wanted, and is the perfect segue to the Prequel which covers exactly that... the birth of the White Walkers by the Children of the Forest to keep the first men out, and then ultimate teaming with the First Men to then drive the White Walkers North of the unbuilt Wall.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Ghost isn't too happy about Jon just leaving him hanging, after all he's done for him ...

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    hahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

The biggest insult was Tormund sprung for Starbucks House Stark Blend for everyone but Dany.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    He gave them a skeleton five years ago. It doesn't mean they're following it and we don't really know what they discussed but most importantly he didn't hand them over a draft of the book that didn't exist. The writing was poor for this last episode and there is a lot of disappointment about it online. It can still be salvaged but some of the choices seem... Stupid.

Side note, did Martin intend to turn Dany into an unlikable entitled brat... Like the people she was coming to save Westeros from? I mean I haven't touched on this part but I'm not liking how they have developed her. I've gone from rooting for her to preferring Cersei to her winning. lol

My darkhorse is Tyrion. I don't know how but maybe he finds a way.
    Hard to say, but I see Sansa prevailing in the end. And I'm with you, I think Tyrion right by her side..... AS HER KING!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    He gave them a skeleton five years ago. It doesn't mean they're following it and we don't really know what they discussed but most importantly he didn't hand them over a draft of the book that didn't exist. The writing was poor for this last episode and there is a lot of disappointment about it online. It can still be salvaged but some of the choices seem... Stupid.

Side note, did Martin intend to turn Dany into an unlikable entitled brat... Like the people she was coming to save Westeros from? I mean I haven't touched on this part but I'm not liking how they have developed her. I've gone from rooting for her to preferring Cersei to her winning. lol

My darkhorse is Tyrion. I don't know how but maybe he finds a way.
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu May 2nd, 2019, 07:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jimmie
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post

He himself said he doesn't know how it all ends and refused doing even a cameo in this last season so there was no way the show development could impact his vision he has for the next book he's working on.
    Not what I've read. Got a link?

https://www.insider.com/george-rr-ma...-ending-2019-3

"So Benioff and Weiss had a lengthy meeting with Martin ahead of the fourth season. In this meeting, Martin told the two showrunners the main beats for his planned ending of the book series.

Because Martin hadn't mapped out every detail of each character's journey, the ways "Game of Thrones" would work towards the ending was bound to differ."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X