Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Michael Jackson...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Michael Jackson...

    Thought I'd take this out of the Movie thread.

    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

    If y'all do a little research you'd find out that MJ was completely innocent. He was the most famous and powerful celeb to ever live, and with that came a lot of enemies and leaches. He was too nice to certain people and that led to all this. There's court documents showing all the evidence presented in the trial, and the FBI's 10 year search led to nothing but a art magazine featuring some kids in it, would hardly consider that child porn.

    The Chandler kid admitted that he lied because his father wanted money from MJ, his father then killed himself from guilt following MJ's unfortunate death.
    Not true:
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...ndler-jackson/

    MJ owns or owned 50% of Sony's catalog, including the Beatles. MJ repeatedly said "they want my catalog". I'm not sure if I believe that conspiracy but I would not be surprised. The lengths that people go for money and power should not be underestimated. MJ was an easy target because of how weird he was due to his tragic upbringing. The dude was a great guy and a once in a century type talent, we won't see anyone like him again for a long time, if ever.
    Sony bought the 50% ownership back for $750 mill, are you trying to posit some conspiracy theory here? Or just that he's too great of a guy to have done anything like molest multiple children?

  • #2
    I remember bad was the first actual music album i ever got. The all white record with cool as shit jacko laying across it.

    so good.

    Comment


    • #3
      Also, one of my recurring nightmares as a child was of michael chasing me through a maze, just after thriller came out. After he was charged my mom told me that i used to wake up screaming michael jackson was going to get me.

      Comment


      • #4

        Comment


        • #5
          Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          I think you gotta really really between the line with Chappelle. he's also battled the entertainment industry and know the dirty tricks that some of the most powerful ppl in the world which control the sick world that is entertainment. he's never been afraid of speaking about the extent these type of people will go to keep you spewing the company line. his story alone is an intrsting one. and he was never as influenced as micheal. I believe micheal had a sick child hood which he was taken advantage of and used as a commodity. I think he sympathized with young children like Mckully culcen who were vulenarble to the same type of people who took advantage of him. never land was a place to foster and care for children not do the sick things mentioned in accusations against him. theirs lots of smoke to the reasons why many powerful people would benefit from tarnishing MJ reputation and is an interesting rabbit hole to venture into.

          Comment


          • #6
            Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            Also, one of my recurring nightmares as a child was of michael chasing me through a maze, just after thriller came out. After he was charged my mom told me that i used to wake up screaming michael jackson was going to get me.
            That's both terrifying and hilarious

            "I'm gonna get ya! Heehee!"
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • #7
              I was a huge fan of jacko when I was young. This was like early to mid 90s, the dangerous album was an awesome cover and kids care about that shit. He was at that white "really white" stage and wore the gloves and the captain crunch outfits. He had an aura about him.

              I grew out of that phase and by my teenage years he jumped the shark, held his baby over a balcony, and I believed all the accusations.

              now I'm not so sure as an adult. I appreciate the legend and the talent, but do find it hard to commit one way or the other on the accusations.
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • #8
                KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I was a huge fan of jacko when I was young. This was like early to mid 90s, the dangerous album was an awesome cover and kids care about that shit. He was at that white "really white" stage and wore the gloves and the captain crunch outfits. He had an aura about him.

                I grew out of that phase and by my teenage years he jumped the shark, held his baby over a balcony, and I believed all the accusations.

                now I'm not so sure as an adult. I appreciate the legend and the talent, but do find it hard to commit one way or the other on the accusations.
                Did you watch the Neverland doc? These people are seriously F'd up because of what that guy did. The parents are idiots for being seduced, but that dude was a sicko.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mack North wrote: View Post

                  Did you watch the Neverland doc? These people are seriously F'd up because of what that guy did. The parents are idiots for being seduced, but that dude was a sicko.
                  I gave my thoughts quite passionately in the movie thread. You may find I disagree lol
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    KeonClark wrote: View Post

                    I gave my thoughts quite passionately in the movie thread. You may find I disagree lol
                    But we can assume you didn't actually watch the movie, correct?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

                      But we can assume you didn't actually watch the movie, correct?
                      I watched the movie. I went in with an open mind, thinking I'd see some damning stuff. Instead, it felt one sided, capitalistic, and sleazy. Those 2 came across to me about as legitimate as a 3 dollar bill.
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        One thing the documentary makes pretty clear is that these were romantic, love affairs - even if they are illegal, immoral, and heinous from MJ's side, not to mention the manipulation and power imbalance. These kids were, by and large, truly in love with Michael; and he was in love, perhaps obsessively so, with them.

                        Doesn't make it anywhere close to being alright. But these are not your standard - physical abuse and fear-based molestation - stories that we hear from the likes of the Catholic Church. This perhaps sets up even more conflict in the mind of the victim - being in love, and loved by, your abuser.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          KeonClark wrote: View Post

                          I watched the movie. I went in with an open mind, thinking I'd see some damning stuff. Instead, it felt one sided, capitalistic, and sleazy. Those 2 came across to me about as legitimate as a 3 dollar bill.
                          Fair enough. I'm of the opposite mind - finding it very hard to see how anyone could hear those stories and not believe in their validity.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

                            Fair enough. I'm of the opposite mind - finding it very hard to see how anyone could hear those stories and not believe in their validity.
                            1. These guys have been on the outskirts of fame in the sleazy Hollywood life since kids

                            2. At the risk of sounding crass, we're in the #metoo era where anybody who claims victim to a famous person is hailed a hero

                            3. Netflix loves money. 10 years since jacko death time to reboot his name as they've done with other people become trendy..Escobar, Manson, Bundy, they love their infamous legends of generations past

                            4. They had 25 years to say something. And now that we're in these 3 steps combined, we get these shaky and flakey stories about masturbation and taking me up to the attic..nothing cooberated

                            5. Hes been supported by close friend cory Feldman, who was not too scared or embarrassed to admit he HAS been molested, but never by Michael Jackson

                            6. A previous accuser already admitted to lying. The FBI again found nothing over years of investigation. So we've reached a point where we're taking the word of 2 guys with shaky reputations over the feds and the court of law because...why? Why have we decided that their word is gospel?
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

                              Fair enough. I'm of the opposite mind - finding it very hard to see how anyone could hear those stories and not believe in their validity.
                              The only thing I would say to that is Michael Jackson is dead, so, he can't really defend himself. I won't go so far as to defend the guy - I've always been in the camp that these people typically tell you who they are and Jackson's lifestyle certainly made a lot of statements about who he was when it came to kids - but there were reasons for the old axiom about speaking ill of the dead and I do think we should largely take heed of it.

                              Having said that, I wouldn't always dismiss allegations after the fact. I used to work somewhere and the old, beloved dear leader retired and suddenly, we started hearing all sorts of stories from women about what had been going on and who knew. When it all finally blew up, you'd be amazed how much was said along the lines of, 'he made everyone a lot of money, inlcuding me, so I didn't want to rock the boat'. Michael Jackson was very useful to a lot of people and, now that he's not, it may be that people finally feel free to speak out (much like Weinstein).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X