Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Michael Jackson...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

I mean, you're talking to a bunch of guys with thousands of posts about a basketball team. I don't think the importance of the discussion has ever stopped us
    hahahahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I recall Feldman speaking out against MJ when he was on trial back in the early 2000's. I guess his stance must have changed recently. I don't like that these guys released this documentary while MJ is dead. I mean what's the point? You're only going to be hurting his kids who I'm sure are either pissed off or going to have to go through their own therapy now.

It's not like the Cosby situation where the guy is still here and can still go to jail.

I'm no lawyer, but if MJ settled this case (which I believe he did).. how is it that these kids can talk about it? Wouldn't part of that settlement mean they can no longer bring it up? Or was their a statute of limitations or something around that?
    The kid he settled with in a civil suit for 20+ million was Gavin Arviso, who has all but gone into hiding I think, not these kids.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Who cares.
    I mean, you're talking to a bunch of guys with thousands of posts about a basketball team. I don't think the importance of the discussion has ever stopped us

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    A few things on the timing:

1. They really didn't seem to want justice in the form of MJ actually going to jail. Robson said that Jail + Michael just didn't work in his mind, and there was just more reason to remain loyal while Jackson was living.The main justice they seem to be after is making up for the injustice caused by their former lies/perjury - to the kids that did speak up in the past.

2. The perjury, and the statute of limitations on it (not sure what that is), could have been a factor. You're not going to lie under oath and then turn around and recant when you might be eligible for felony charges at that time.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Who cares.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I recall Feldman speaking out against MJ when he was on trial back in the early 2000's. I guess his stance must have changed recently. I don't like that these guys released this documentary while MJ is dead. I mean what's the point? You're only going to be hurting his kids who I'm sure are either pissed off or going to have to go through their own therapy now.

It's not like the Cosby situation where the guy is still here and can still go to jail.

I'm no lawyer, but if MJ settled this case (which I believe he did).. how is it that these kids can talk about it? Wouldn't part of that settlement mean they can no longer bring it up? Or was their a statute of limitations or something around that?

The timing of this whole thing documentary is so strange. It's why I can't trust it myself either.

PS - the "This is It" documentary was pretty good. Wish he could have lived long enough to give us that performance he was putting together. It would have been epic.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

1. These guys have been on the outskirts of fame in the sleazy Hollywood life since kids

2. At the risk of sounding crass, we're in the #metoo era where anybody who claims victim to a famous person is hailed a hero

3. Netflix loves money. 10 years since jacko death time to reboot his name as they've done with other people become trendy..Escobar, Manson, Bundy, they love their infamous legends of generations past

4. They had 25 years to say something. And now that we're in these 3 steps combined, we get these shaky and flakey stories about masturbation and taking me up to the attic..nothing cooberated

5. Hes been supported by close friend cory Feldman, who was not too scared or embarrassed to admit he HAS been molested, but never by Michael Jackson

6. A previous accuser already admitted to lying. The FBI again found nothing over years of investigation. So we've reached a point where we're taking the word of 2 guys with shaky reputations over the feds and the court of law because...why? Why have we decided that their word is gospel?
    The cory Feldman thing is the biggest sticking point to me. He knows all about the sick things that happen to kids in hollywood. Even claiming that his best friend was molested as a kid by someone powerful in hollywood that was to powerful to name without his own life being in jeopardy. Yet with all this knowledge of sick fucks in hollywood and the loss of his best friend due to abuse he chooses to defend micheal jackson. Like i said above i believe micheal was truly looking out for these young boys who were vulnerable like he was. He was protecting them from sickos and in return they turned around and accused him of the exact thing that he was trying to shield them from. He relationship with these kids was indeed close, because he cared about them, he saw himself in these young vulnerable boys and wanted to protect them making himself an easy target for those who did not approve of him shielding these boys from hollywood abusers.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Fair enough. I'm of the opposite mind - finding it very hard to see how anyone could hear those stories and not believe in their validity.
    The only thing I would say to that is Michael Jackson is dead, so, he can't really defend himself. I won't go so far as to defend the guy - I've always been in the camp that these people typically tell you who they are and Jackson's lifestyle certainly made a lot of statements about who he was when it came to kids - but there were reasons for the old axiom about speaking ill of the dead and I do think we should largely take heed of it.

Having said that, I wouldn't always dismiss allegations after the fact. I used to work somewhere and the old, beloved dear leader retired and suddenly, we started hearing all sorts of stories from women about what had been going on and who knew. When it all finally blew up, you'd be amazed how much was said along the lines of, 'he made everyone a lot of money, inlcuding me, so I didn't want to rock the boat'. Michael Jackson was very useful to a lot of people and, now that he's not, it may be that people finally feel free to speak out (much like Weinstein).

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Fair enough. I'm of the opposite mind - finding it very hard to see how anyone could hear those stories and not believe in their validity.
    1. These guys have been on the outskirts of fame in the sleazy Hollywood life since kids

2. At the risk of sounding crass, we're in the #metoo era where anybody who claims victim to a famous person is hailed a hero

3. Netflix loves money. 10 years since jacko death time to reboot his name as they've done with other people become trendy..Escobar, Manson, Bundy, they love their infamous legends of generations past

4. They had 25 years to say something. And now that we're in these 3 steps combined, we get these shaky and flakey stories about masturbation and taking me up to the attic..nothing cooberated

5. Hes been supported by close friend cory Feldman, who was not too scared or embarrassed to admit he HAS been molested, but never by Michael Jackson

6. A previous accuser already admitted to lying. The FBI again found nothing over years of investigation. So we've reached a point where we're taking the word of 2 guys with shaky reputations over the feds and the court of law because...why? Why have we decided that their word is gospel?

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied

I watched the movie. I went in with an open mind, thinking I'd see some damning stuff. Instead, it felt one sided, capitalistic, and sleazy. Those 2 came across to me about as legitimate as a 3 dollar bill.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    One thing the documentary makes pretty clear is that these were romantic, love affairs - even if they are illegal, immoral, and heinous from MJ's side, not to mention the manipulation and power imbalance. These kids were, by and large, truly in love with Michael; and he was in love, perhaps obsessively so, with them.

Doesn't make it anywhere close to being alright. But these are not your standard - physical abuse and fear-based molestation - stories that we hear from the likes of the Catholic Church. This perhaps sets up even more conflict in the mind of the victim - being in love, and loved by, your abuser.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

But we can assume you didn't actually watch the movie, correct?
    I watched the movie. I went in with an open mind, thinking I'd see some damning stuff. Instead, it felt one sided, capitalistic, and sleazy. Those 2 came across to me about as legitimate as a 3 dollar bill.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied

I gave my thoughts quite passionately in the movie thread. You may find I disagree lol
    But we can assume you didn't actually watch the movie, correct?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post

Did you watch the Neverland doc? These people are seriously F'd up because of what that guy did. The parents are idiots for being seduced, but that dude was a sicko.
    I gave my thoughts quite passionately in the movie thread. You may find I disagree lol

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    I was a huge fan of jacko when I was young. This was like early to mid 90s, the dangerous album was an awesome cover and kids care about that shit. He was at that white "really white" stage and wore the gloves and the captain crunch outfits. He had an aura about him.

I grew out of that phase and by my teenage years he jumped the shark, held his baby over a balcony, and I believed all the accusations.

now I'm not so sure as an adult. I appreciate the legend and the talent, but do find it hard to commit one way or the other on the accusations.
    Did you watch the Neverland doc? These people are seriously F'd up because of what that guy did. The parents are idiots for being seduced, but that dude was a sicko.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X