Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Michael Jackson...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Innocent until proven guilty in the criminal court of justice. Guilty until proven innocent in the public court of opinion.

Are these accusers from the documentary suing Michael Jackson's estate for damages? Are they receiving any payment from the documentary itself? Just curious.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Innocent until proven guilty in the criminal court of justice. Guilty until proven innocent in the public court of opinion.

Are these accusers from the documentary suing Michael Jackson's estate for damages? Are they receiving any payment from the documentary itself? Just curious.
      Correct, innocent until proven guilty is only the standard in a court of law. Would you hold that same standard if a member of your family had been abused

I think Wade Robson may have attempted a civil suit a few years ago after telling his wife what happened - it's in the doc from what I remember - but the alleged crime was too far in the past.

I took a quick look and couldn't find whether they were paid anything substantial by the filmmakers. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was some form of compensation for their time/stories as I think is common with these kinds of explosive interviews.
      Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Mon Mar 25th, 2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Correct, innocent until proven guilty is only the standard in a court of law.

I think Wade Robson may have attempted a civil suit a few years ago after telling his wife what happened - it's in the doc from what I remember - but the crime was too far in the past.

I took a quick look and couldn't find if they were paid anything substantial by the filmmakers.
        Are you certain that too much time has elapsed to sue? Serious question, I don't know. I mean adults have gone after the RC church decades after abuses occurred under their "care". We have a real problem if a grown man or woman cannot seek justice and compensation for crimes committed against them when they were defenseless children. Time should not offer a pardon.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Are you certain that too much time has elapsed to sue? Serious question, I don't know. I mean adults have gone after the RC church decades after abuses occurred under their "care". We have a real problem if a grown man or woman cannot seek justice and compensation for crimes committed against them when they were defenseless children. Time should not offer a pardon.
          Maybe it was a ruling, not a specific statute:

Then in 2013 about four years after the singer’s death, Robson sued the Jackson estate for what his attorneys described as molestation that spanned a seven-year period.

A court ruled in 2015 that Robson had filed his lawsuit too late to get any of Jackson’s estate. That left two remaining defendants, both corporate entities owned by Jackson in his lifetime: MJJ Productions, Inc., and MJJ Ventures, Inc.

The judge ruled Tuesday that those two corporate defendants could not be held responsible for Robson’s exposure to Jackson, the way a school or the Boy Scouts can be found liable for bringing together an abusive adult and a child victim.

Finaldi said the reasoning sets a dangerous precedent.

“What the judge is saying is that you if own a corporation or a company, you can hire people, use these people to facilitate your sexual abuse, use them to facilitate victims,” Finaldi told The Associated Press by phone. “So long as you’re the sole owner of that corporation, the corporation can’t be held liable.”
          https://pagesix.com/2017/12/20/judge...chael-jackson/

Comment

Wow, that is a pretty disturbing ruling.

Comment

Late to the conversation.

My take - There's just too much credible/genuine emotion, not just from just the two accusers, but also their parents, grandparents, spouses, siblings, etc. These aren't trained actors, but the heartbreak was evident for each of them. Really hard for me to not believe their stories.

Having said that, I think it's perfectly fine to separate art from artist. Regardless of how I feel about MJ the person, his music will always be legendary to me.

Comment

Working...
              X