Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Politics II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everything Politics II

    To the surprise of many the Politics Thread has vaporized. So going to try for more CanCon and encourage folks to vent their spleens as to which dunderhead deserves the crown of King in the North.

    Current Odds have the vanilla milk drinker a few percentage points ahead of the surfing dilettante.
    Depending on which poll (all paid for by the parties of course) you read its somewhat close pointing to a minority government.
    Its less than 3 months to tip on October 21 and the rhetoric is ramping up.

    Does Skippy deserve another chance or is he an NCAA phenom and "one and done" ?
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jul 30th, 2019, 08:58 AM.

  • #2
    justine definitely doesn't deserve another chance, by far the absolute worst "leader" this country has ever had. his idea of strong leadership and courage is to surround himself with sycophants, ignore the people, and waste their money. a disgusting person, if he could even be called a person.

    sheer is becoming more sniveling to me by the day too. if maxime wasn't leader of a newborn he would win, but canadians are scared that a vote for canada might end up actually being a vote for communism so they will vote sheer, afraid that a bernier vote is a vote for cockboy. sheer with a majority,but hopefully a minority that forces him to work with bernier.

    Comment


    • #3
      It is going to be a very, very ugly campaign. A lot of people are going to find out that, unbeknownst to them, they are Nazis. I say bring it on and bring on another Trudeau term. Can't wait to get the separation ball rolling out here....

      Comment


      • #4
        Economy is a feather is Trudeau’s centrist cap, even if the lustre is gone. Enough people will vote or stay home for the status quo. Conservatives haven’t been able to conjure enough enough outrage in a climate where Trumpism is still soundly repudiated, SNC Lavalin too far in the rear view and too dwarfed by the shit storm to the South.

        Minority government it is. Sounds fine to me.

        Comment


        • #5
          SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Economy is a feather is Trudeau’s centrist cap, even if the lustre is gone. Enough people will vote or stay home for the status quo. Conservatives haven’t been able to conjure enough enough outrage in a climate where Trumpism is still soundly repudiated, SNC Lavalin too far in the rear view and too dwarfed by the shit storm to the South.

          Minority government it is. Sounds fine to me.
          Well... The CPC's going to get 38 to 39% of the vote. Thats locked and pretty much impregnable.Its unlikely to go anywhere but up.

          By age group men over 45 are pretty much all on the dump Skippy train. Fair to say at least 70% would love to give Skippster an enema with a flamethrower with no anesthetic.
          Women over the age of 45 tend to split somewhat evenly but if there is a >51% edge its to the LPC..
          Have to think men between the age of 20 and 40 are largely undecided.
          I believe women between the ages of 20 and 40 favour Skippy.

          But heres the thing in my view anyway. Men and women over 45 have amassed some capital and assets and are very likely to make the time to protect them. They will get out to vote regardless of weather or personal circumstances. Canadian seniors will vote en masse at advance polls. They always do. In short the core CPC vote will get out.

          Skippys vote will come from millennials who tend to favour the LPC and the Greens. They will decide whose minority it is or they could produce a majority... but not for the LPC and that is what keeps that rat bastard Katie Telford wide awake at night. Its what you just said. "Enough people will vote or stay home for the status quo." If the millenial vote doesn't get out ... Skippys one screwed pooch.

          Heres to fucking the dog.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jul 30th, 2019, 09:59 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Really disappointed that in this critical time, and with such a disgruntled country and therefore beatable opponent, the best the cons could muster was andrew scheer. This guy is not a heavyweight. Hes boring, and he doesnt carry himself like a world leader. I think it will be the biggest reason skippy mcfucknuts gets a minority government.
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • #7
              KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Really disappointed that in this critical time, and with such a disgruntled country and therefore beatable opponent, the best the cons could muster was andrew scheer. This guy is not a heavyweight. Hes boring, and he doesnt carry himself like a world leader. I think it will be the biggest reason skippy mcfucknuts gets a minority government.
              I cannot remember a time when the three major federal parties (Libs, Torys, NDP) all had leaders this bad. Now, the Libs have weather Ignatieff and Dion, the Torys survived Campell and Clark and the NDP McLaughlin and McDonough but there has never been an election where all the main leaders were so..... awful.

              Comment


              • #8
                SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Economy is a feather is Trudeau’s centrist cap, even if the lustre is gone. Enough people will vote or stay home for the status quo. Conservatives haven’t been able to conjure enough enough outrage in a climate where Trumpism is still soundly repudiated, SNC Lavalin too far in the rear view and too dwarfed by the shit storm to the South.

                Minority government it is. Sounds fine to me.
                The Toronto economy is great. Not sure the rest of the economy is a feather is anyone's cap.

                Comment


                • #9
                  slaw wrote: View Post

                  The Toronto economy is great. Not sure the rest of the economy is a feather is anyone's cap.
                  cue Metallica "and nothing else matters!"
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Really disappointed that in this critical time, and with such a disgruntled country and therefore beatable opponent, the best the cons could muster was andrew scheer. This guy is not a heavyweight. Hes boring, and he doesnt carry himself like a world leader. I think it will be the biggest reason skippy mcfucknuts gets a minority government.
                    The words Skippy McFuckNut and World Leader rarely appear in the same sentence after the dancing Indian tour and his performance at the recent G20 in Tokyo where he was shunned. He was treated like an unwanted guest.

                    Canadians rarely cast their vote on who has the best foreign policy of the three parties but they did take notice of that embarrassing public flossing of Canadas ass and leaving a shit stained towel on the rack of the host country by Trudeau. That he gave a classic adolescent shrug on "what did I do" I think cemented views he really is a vapid and shallow as that tour showed him to be.

                    Watch for ads on that coming in September. He truly is a dim wit.

                    We shall see what the country thinks in less than 90 days.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Aug 1st, 2019, 12:48 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Scheer is so disappointing as an adversary to Justine. I think it’s s conservative minority. Trudeau is a moron and Scheer is a bitch, take your pick. I think Trudeau has pissed enough people off to lose his spot. Hopefully he goes back to teaching drama because he’s really not cut out for this politics thing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Genuinely curious to know where you guys predict the Liberals will lose enough seats to allow for Scheer to sneak in front? Like are you seriously counting on images of his trip to India to do enough to sway the tide? I mean immature name calling is well and good, but it doesn't really amount to much. The Liberals already got basically nothing from Alberta as it is, so it's not like they are reliant on getting Alberta. Where else? Maybe a few lost seats in Ontario, but even that I'm not sure about with the current sentiment around Fords Conservatives.

                        I'm not making any predictions, because I genuinely have no idea, but I'm curious to understand your thinking.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Joey wrote: View Post
                          Genuinely curious to know where you guys predict the Liberals will lose enough seats to allow for Scheer to sneak in front? Like are you seriously counting on images of his trip to India to do enough to sway the tide? I mean immature name calling is well and good, but it doesn't really amount to much. The Liberals already got basically nothing from Alberta as it is, so it's not like they are reliant on getting Alberta. Where else? Maybe a few lost seats in Ontario, but even that I'm not sure about with the current sentiment around Fords Conservatives.

                          I'm not making any predictions, because I genuinely have no idea, but I'm curious to understand your thinking.
                          I know the west coast doesn’t really matter but he is not liked really at all here and Vancouver is a very liberal city. The SNC Lavalin thing really pissed off a lot of people, especially the young people who will actually vote. A lot of the young people who would theoretically vote for him aren’t even going to turn up on voting day. I may be wrong too but I just think Scheer can fly under the radar and happen into a minority. I’m not happy about either situation really but you know how I feel about Trudeau.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            There will be no status quo. Status quo is a Liberal majority. Trudeau's best case scenario is a Liberal minority. I think he is likely to cling on for another term because this is the worst cast of party leaders we've seen... Probably ever.

                            That said, the subsequent four years will likely be a complete waste of time because I don't think this cast will play nice and work together in Canada's best interest. A political tug of war where everyone loses. Not good.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Joey wrote: View Post
                              Genuinely curious to know where you guys predict the Liberals will lose enough seats to allow for Scheer to sneak in front? Like are you seriously counting on images of his trip to India to do enough to sway the tide? I mean immature name calling is well and good, but it doesn't really amount to much. The Liberals already got basically nothing from Alberta as it is, so it's not like they are reliant on getting Alberta. Where else? Maybe a few lost seats in Ontario, but even that I'm not sure about with the current sentiment around Fords Conservatives.

                              I'm not making any predictions, because I genuinely have no idea, but I'm curious to understand your thinking.
                              Well, the Liberals won every seat in the Maritimes last go-around. That is unlikely to happen again as the Torys lost some long-held seats, so, it's a safe bet Libs will lose seats there. They will lose their three AB seats and likely a few in MB and BC.

                              But I am with you. Canada (i.e. Ontario and Quebec) love the status quo cause it works pretty well for you guys. I'm pulling for a Trudeau majority and expect one - the bigger the better. When AB/SK leave, you guys in Ontario can 100% bankroll Quebec and the Maritimes. Good luck and no hard feelings at all - we'll sell you all the oil and gas you want!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X