Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post

productive commentary.

As long as Scheer stands on stage beside actual racists and bigots at rallys, it's hard to see how he can take advantage of this. Trudeau fucked up but the pandering from the right wing is more to do with scoring political points than actual outrage.
    You slam back all the koolaid at once ?
    Cmon man.
    Justin is who he is.
    An unbridled fake. He is the manifestation of image over substance.

As to his opponents taking undue advantage of his self inflicted gut shot that he may well bleed out on... are you for real ? This twat has spent the last 4 years belittling, hectoring and insulting those who don't share his point of view . We are sinners. We are Nazi's. We are racists. We are misogynists.Then the lights went on ....and low and behold... Blackface is revealed to be everything he has been railing against for a decade.

He deserves every ounce of what he is getting.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

You slam back all the koolaid at once ?
      Cmon man.
      Justin is who he is.
      An unbridled fake. He is the manifestation of image over substance.

As to his opponents taking undue advantage of his self inflicted gut shot that he may well bleed out on... are you for real ? This twat has spent the last 4 years belittling, hectoring and insulting those who don't share his point of view . We are sinners. We are Nazi's. We are racists. We are misogynists.Then the lights went on ....and low and behold... Blackface is revealed to be everything he has been railing against for a decade.

He deserves every ounce of what he is getting.
      Putting aside the whole blackface thing, because you guys are just revelling far too much in it, you never have anything about his policies to say .. it's always about him as a person, how much you don't like how he looks, and just how much you hate him in general. I would rather partake in a debate about policies over conversations about "Skippy's dick"...

I don't think the vast majority of Canadians think like you do ... and I think that pure hatred has blinded you a bit, at least insofar as being able to have a real discussion about Trudeau. I honestly think you would place Trump as not only more qualified as a World Leader, but also as just a better person ... which is wildly out of whack with reality. I could absolutely be wrong, but ... I would be surprised if I was.
      Last edited by Joey; Thu Sep 19th, 2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Putting aside the whole blackface thing, because you guys are just revelling far too much in it, you never have anything about his policies to say .. it's always about him as a person, how much you don't like how he looks, and just how much you hate him in general. I would rather partake in a debate about policies over conversations about "Skippy's dick"...

I don't think the vast majority of Canadians think like you do ... and I think that pure hatred has blinded you a bit, at least insofar as being able to have a real discussion about Trudeau. I honestly think you would place Trump as not only more qualified as a World Leader, but also as just a better person ... which is wildly out of whack with reality. I could absolutely be wrong, but ... I would be surprised if I was.
        LOL, Trump is 100% a better person, and leader than Trudeau. Hahaha.

1. Funding terrrorism
        2. 50 million on a tweet to noah
        3. Inviting terrorists to state dinners
        4. Budgets balance themselves
        5. You don't have to believe what we are forcing you to say to claim government money, but you do have to say it.
        6. I'm sorry
        7.im sorry
        8. Is that a pride parade I can get a photo shoot in at
        9. Wait are you saying I can privately fly this military plane to personally pick up Syrian refugees.
        10. Don't mind the no crossing signs they are for citizens who follow the law.
        11.please enter these mobile homes our citizens are providing you
        12.we won our negotiations on behalf of all Canadians in the New nafta, American women will now be guareteed employment
        13. When youre in India you dress like a blackface Halloween party right?
        14.heres 4. 5 billion.tax payer dollars.
        15. No don't finish it, if I win again the Indians are going to borrow tax payers dollars to buy it, and everyone in Canada will be richer for it
        16. Is that a Muslim woman who locked herself in a Thailand motel? Pick her up!
        17. So there is a carbon tax, it will be on everything you buy, and will rise every year, and it will make you money.
        19.snc-lavalin
        ​​​​

​​

Comment

Joey we are not discussing Trump. He is who he is and the great republic has its own set of issues to sort through on who they want at the head of the table.

But right here and right now we have a choice. Skippy or no Skippy. No one is perfect. But there are degrees of what you can accept and can't in a person. Skippy doesn't cut it for me. He never will. Dudes a grinfucking hologram.

Your views may differ. Make sure you get out an make your X ...

As for policy... do you earnestly believe that Skippy understands and influences the nuances of foreign policy. or economic policy.... or is he is just reading the teleprompter. Remember the guys a drama teacher. and snowboard instructor who has 2 nannies to look after his kids. He is the consummate lightweight. I don't trust his judgement. In anything. The blackface is a solid case precedent for me.

Stay well brother.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Sep 19th, 2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• New NAFTA was a win, considering what we were up against. If Libs fucked that up, you'd better believe it would be a campaign issue (which it aint).

I'm seeing a whole lot of case-in-point on the lack of policy arguments there.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              New NAFTA was a win, considering what we were up against. If Libs fucked that up, you'd better believe it would be a campaign issue (which it aint).

I'm seeing a whole lot of case-in-point on the lack of policy arguments there.
              A trade deal is when both sides win...
              We got some things..
              They got some things....

This was not done by Skippy but rather by seasoned trade negotiators who would do the same job for any party.
              Skippy signed it.. and had his picture taken. Thats it.

Comment

Joey we are not discussing Trump. He is who he is and the great republic has its own set of issues to sort through on who they want at the head of the table.

But right here and right now we have a choice. Skippy or no Skippy. No one is perfect. But there are degrees of what you can accept and can't in a person. Skippy doesn't cut it for me. He never will. Dudes a grinfucking hologram.

Your views may differ. Make sure you get out an make your X ...

As for policy... do you earnestly believe that Skippy understands and influences the nuances of foreign policy. or economic policy.... or is he is just reading the teleprompter. Remember the guys a drama teacher. and snowboard instructor who has 2 nannies to look after his kids. He is the consummate lightweight. I don't trust his judgement. In anything. The blackface is a solid case precedent for me.

Stay well brother.
                Y'know, if we replace "Skippy" with his actual name in the above, I think we're actually onto a real discussion! Lol

And about Trump, you're right ... I shouldn't have gone there. But my point was only to demonstrate how extreme I perceive your hatred of Trudeau to be.

As I wrote above, I'm more voting for the policies, and the Conservatives here in Ontario have shown what their priorities are as a party, and those I can't support.

Comment

How’s this. His energy policies have destroyed my province’s economy, lowered our standard of living and brought on a scourge of misery, drug abuse and suicide that have wreaked havoc on my clients, colleagues, friends, neighbours and families. Why? So the Irvings and PowerCorp can continue to profit from foreign oil and his hangers on can skim graft for their environmentalist friends. His latest round of bills will effectively end the prosperity of my society and almost certainly drive a separation push.

While hundreds of thousands lost jobs he did nothing to help but he subverted the rule of law to help out BMO and SNC for votes in Quebec. He is the only PM in history to have been found to have broken the law while in office. Twice. His minions call me and my family and friends Nazis and bigots while wearing blackface and groping women’s asses. He called my wife and best friend tax cheats for running small businesses then taxed them into oblivion. He promised balanced budgets but ran enormous deficits. His infrastructure bank has done nothing but he’s got millions for China’s bank. He has frittered away millions in corporate welfare while taxpayers struggle. He has spent billions on foreign aid, including to terrorists but fought tooth and nail to give veterans less. He gave $10 million to a terrorist and helped him hide it from a US court while he persecuted a respected general for blowing the lid on his governments procurement corruption. Foreign investors think we are a banana republic while Pierre’s kid embarrasses us in the world stage.

I could go on.

Comment

Y'know, if we replace "Skippy" with his actual name in the above, I think we're actually onto a real discussion! Lol

And about Trump, you're right ... I shouldn't have gone there. But my point was only to demonstrate how extreme I perceive your hatred of Trudeau to be.

As I wrote above, I'm more voting for the policies, and the Conservatives here in Ontario have shown what their priorities are as a party, and those I can't support.

Joey.. Doug Ford and the Ontario PC's are not running in the federal election. Neither is Trump. Skippy is. Scheer is. May is as is Singh.

As for Ontario.
                    You seem to be missing that the bill has come in from 15 years of profligate spending by the team in front of Ford. You remind me of people who go out to dinner. order a bunch of appys for the table... wine.. some more wine... everyone gets a main .. then a few shared deserts and coffee... and fucking freak out when the bill comes in. Thats Ontario right now. The bill is in. We can't dine and dash. Everyone is going to feel the squeeze in Ontario until the public purse is back in order again.

What are the Skipsters policys that you are betting on ?

Election reform ?
                    Resetting foreign policy to deal with a new non mulitlateral world.
                    Immigration reform ?
                    How about pharmacare and how we are going to pay for it ? Higher personal income taxes or using royalties from natural resources that are being stifled ?
                    Determining if we need a stronger military in an increasingly nasty world or.not having one. If its not having a stronger military whats the plan if we run into trouble with say China holding our nationals hostage ?
                    How is he going to bridge a widening divide between east and west that his energy policys have exacerbaed.

What up brother ?

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Sep 19th, 2019, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Joey.. Doug Ford and the Ontario PC's are not running in the federal election. Neither is Trump. Skippy is. Scheer is. May is as is Singh.
                      Now who's bringing Trump back into it?
                      And do you earnestly believe that Ford understands and influences the nuances of policy.... or is he is just reading the teleprompter provided by the Party?

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      As for Ontario.
                      You seem to be missing that the bill has come in from 15 years of profligate spending by the team in front of Ford. You remind me of people who go out to dinner. order a bunch of appys for the table... wine.. some more wine... everyone gets a main .. then a few shared deserts and coffee... and fucking freak out when the bill comes in. Thats Ontario right now. The bill is in. We can't dine and dash. Everyone is going to feel the squeeze in Ontario until the public purse is back in order again.
                      And you think that's what Ford is doing? Fiscal Restraint? Pffft. Ford's budget was higher than Wynne's proposed budget for 18-19. Wasn't a fan of Wynne, but I reeeally wasn't of Ford. Play the cards you're dealt I guess, right?

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      What are the Skipsters policys that you are betting on ?

Election reform ?
                      Resetting foreign policy to deal with a new non mulitlateral world.
                      Immigration reform ?
                      How about pharmacare and how we are going to pay for it ? Higher personal income taxes or using royalties from natural resources that are being stifled ?
                      Determining if we need a stronger military in an increasingly nasty world or.not having one. If its not having a stronger military whats the plan if we run into trouble with say China holding our nationals hostage ?
                      How is he going to bridge a widening divide between east and west that his energy policys have exacerbaed.

What up brother ?
                      Not much brother, you?!

Again, it's more about choosing the party I don't like the least at this point. I'm not ignorant to that fact. Nor am I alone.
                      I don't think Trudeau or the Liberals or any sort of saving grace; but they're light years better than whatever the Conservatives are putting forward - which they're doing a terrible job of communicating, I'll readily admit.
                      I disagree with the Cons position on almost everything, and agree with Libs position on most things. Play the cards you're dealt.

And to your random points, here's a quick fire:
                      Call me crazy, but I don't Electoral reform is dead.
                      I think the Trudeau government has mostly been fine in terms of foreign policy.
                      Not sure we need Immigration reform .. again Trudeau government has been fine.
                      You ask how we're going to pay for a beneficial positive program like Pharmacare, but fail to ask how we're going to afford all of the tax cuts while eliminating the deficit as Scheer is promising.
                      I don't think the military is necessarily an issue on the table, is it? ... I don't think going up against China is ever going to be an option, no matter how much we invest, sooo not sure what you're proposing?

As for bridging the divide, I'm not sure there's anything anyone could ever do to make Alberta vote for a Liberal government. That's just how it is I think. But I'll also admit that I'm not student of Alberta politics. Still will never understand how NDP actually managed to win themselves an election there. Crazy.

What about you? What do you like the Cons platform? Besides the fact that they spend the vast majority of their time talking about Trudeau.
                      Last edited by Joey; Thu Sep 19th, 2019, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• I don't own a gun and only fired one once... I'm not a gun guy and I don't like being around them. I wouldn't fit in well in America, no doubt about it. But here in Canada it is rare to see guns, let alone debates on guns but yet here we are with guns control being a topic for debate heading into the next election.

I understand how the gun laws work in Canada for the most part. There's a written and practical tests to prove competency and knowledge of safety and proper storage of firearms. If you pass that you get your PAL, which entitles you to use and store hunting rifles only. The guns must be kept in a safe and I think the ammo must be locked up somewhere separate from the gun(not entirely sure on that point). When one wants to take the gun to a range or hunting they must alert the RCMP that they are transporting the weapon and it must be stored unloaded in the trunk. Violation of these rules risks the license holder losing their privileges and the weapons. That's for hunting rifles. Assault rifles and pistols have an entirely different set of requirements. I think the person needs to already have a PAL and then does more extensive courses for assault rifles and pistols. If that's all passed there is a background check done where law enforcement investigates the applicant and also checks references. The guns may only legally be used at a range, RCMP must be notified of transportation and the guns and ammo must be locked in separate safes.

This all sounds reasonable and responsible to me. The person needs all this to legally purchase assault rifles and pistols. My question is this are the people who are killing other people as mentioned in the story below using:

A.) guns legally purchased via the above process.

or

B.) guns purchased on the black market.

Will stricter gun laws truly protect us in Canada? We're not talking the US here, there are already strict laws in place. Its not your right to own a gun in Canada, it is a privilege which must be earned. Some will raise the question around why it is necessary for anyone to own an assault rifle or pistol and that's a good question but it does not resolve the question on whether or not further gun control will fix the incidents being brought up to implement further gun control. To me this sounds like an ineffective band aid policy that will not have the advertised effect and criminals will still be out there on the loose shooting up streets.

Canada's gun lobby has been expecting a gun ban from the Liberals, and several groups say they are mobilizing their members to vote in October's federal election like never before.

There are 2.2 million men and women who own gun licences in Canada.

"This is a really important time for gun owners," said Tracey Wilson, of the Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights (CCFR). "It has never been more true than it is right now. This is it."

The issue of gun control was thrust back into the spotlight after another violent shooting in the Greater Toronto Area over the weekend. A 17-year-old was killed and five others injured in Mississauga, Ont., and police say they're looking for multiple gunmen, armed mostly with semi-automatic weapons.

The "ambush-style" shooting prompted comments from all three major party leaders.
                        https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gun...-ban-1.5290679

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          ...a lot of stuff about gun laws..."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gun...-ban-1.5290679
                          The majority of policing professionals and criminologists don't agree with you.
                          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post

The majority of policing professionals and criminologists don't agree with you.
                            Alright. So provide the stats on who doesn't agree with me, how many don't agree with me and why they don't agree with me.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Fri Sep 20th, 2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

To me this sounds like an ineffective band aid policy that will not have the advertised effect and criminals will still be out there on the loose shooting up streets.
                              Why do you believe that it's a band aid policy? It's not like we allow vigilante policing currently? Or even a stand your ground type law.
                              The UK has twice as many people population wise, and we have 20x as many murders by firearms per million. And our Cops will still carry guns.

So in my opinion, yes, regulating guns will have the desired effect of reducing gun violence.

Comment

Alright. So provide the stats on who doesn't agree with me, how many don't agree with me and why they don't agree with me.
                                Just Google "Does Gun Reform reduce Gun Violence", and you'll find tons of studies and reports that show it does in fact work.

Comment

Working...
                                X