Everything Politics II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://ca.yahoo.com/news/investigat...opstories.html

I think everyone has seen this, maybe not. Rare black bird watcher, and not rare liberal white woman meet each other at the park.

I don't know what other people see, but I see this.

That woman is a good new York democrat. She shows her understanding of the black community by using the current correct term of African American, and this is where is probably derails from other's opinion. She isn't threatening him with the police because she is a racist. She is doing it because she watches CNN, msnbc and knows that all police are racists and will kill the black guy.

It's the cops who are racists to her, not her, she votes blue.

That's my assumption on this.

Comment

• https://ca.news.yahoo.com/state-depa...143719246.html
      Secretary of State Pompeo says the U.S. needs to be assured that students studying in the U.S. are not acting on behalf of the Communist Party of China

good stuff here, get rid of the Confucius centers too.

xi's daughter graduated from harvard.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

sure. i dunno that breaking into a target or hudson's bay constitutes anyone's lives being destroyed but point taken wrt to smaller businesses and arson's, etc. like i said choosing to focus on the fact there is destructive civil unrest right now is just undermining the much greater issue
        I was referring to the thousands of smaller businesses that had nothing to do with the matter at hand and multi thousand of regular jobs lost through those businesses now closed through no fault of their own. Agree on your second point but the collateral damage shouldn't be glossed over since it wasn't necessary and didn't improve the much greater issue. It wasn't collateral damage for the great good.

"The situation in Minnesota is no longer in any way about the murder of George Floyd. It's about attacking civil society, instilling fear and disrupting our great cities," the governor said. Since the killing last Monday evening, protests have erupted in about 30 U.S. cities."
        Last edited by G__Deane; Sat May 30th, 2020, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I was referring to the thousands of smaller businesses that had nothing to do with the matter at hand and multi thousand of regular jobs lost through those businesses now closed through no fault of their own. Agree on your second point but the collateral damage shouldn't be glossed over since it wasn't necessary and didn't improve the much greater issue. It wasn't collateral damage for the great good.

"The situation in Minnesota is no longer in any way about the murder of George Floyd. It's about attacking civil society, instilling fear and disrupting our great cities," the governor said. Since the killing last Monday evening, protests have erupted in about 30 U.S. cities."
          Per the governor's and mayor's presser today, 80+% of 'protestors' arrested last night were from out of state. Their theory is it's far right groups creating chaos and using the protests as cover. Those on the right speculate these are far left groups. With actual people getting arrested, they should be able to figure what they're affiliated with. Both extremes are a legitimate domestic threat that hasn't been taken very seriously to date. Maybe they will be after all this.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Per the governor's and mayor's presser today, 80+% of 'protestors' arrested last night were from out of state. Their theory is it's far right groups creating chaos and using the protests as cover. Those on the right speculate these are far left groups. With actual people getting arrested, they should be able to figure what they're affiliated with. Both extremes are a legitimate domestic threat that hasn't been taken very seriously to date. Maybe they will be after all this.
            No surprise. Some always looking for a reason to riot and steal a few things with few repercussions. But they'll be making arrests from the video for months. And as I said, it detracts from the real issues. I don't condone it but I actually understand the burning the police station. Burning some clothing store after you steal a few pairs of jeans and put honest people and their employees out of work, I don't understand.

Comment

• lol
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Similar thing happened with the Wetsawetan pipeline protests here in Canada. Only a tiny fraction of the protesters were connected to the native groups. There seems to be this growing herd of professional, well organized protesters who are just trying to stir up anti-government sh*t for their own political purposes.

Comment

• Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    Yeah I'm mixed on this. From the business owner's perspective, having a store vandalized and looted only harms you. But respectful protests within the usual boundaries - let's at least acknowledge that those in power have an easy time ignoring respectful protest, while riots demand response and grab attention in a way that a peaceful march never can. I mean have you seen the size of marches the last couple years? Literally millions of people. Often coordinated between multiple cities. But it doesn't change anything. No one cares.

At some point people are frustrated enough, disillusioned enough, angry enough, and scared enough to start breaking things.

But organized opportunists hijacking these movements are a definite issue, need to be clear on who's who.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Yeah I'm mixed on this. From the business owner's perspective, having a store vandalized and looted only harms you. But respectful protests within the usual boundaries - let's at least acknowledge that those in power have an easy time ignoring respectful protest, while riots demand response and grab attention in a way that a peaceful march never can. I mean have you seen the size of marches the last couple years? Literally millions of people. Often coordinated between multiple cities. But it doesn't change anything. No one cares.

At some point people are frustrated enough, disillusioned enough, angry enough, and scared enough to start breaking things.

But organized opportunists hijacking these movements are a definite issue, need to be clear on who's who.

it sucks that these hijackers end up delegitimizing the protest and silencing the minority in process

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        Too convenient to use Target as the example. Try this:

“If you felt unease watching a private flower store or bagel shop owned by a black American family that had nothing to do with George Floyd's murder get burned down and looted and understand that thousands of other innocent people off all colours that had nothing at all to do with this horrific incident lost their businesses, their jobs and ability to pay their rent and buy food for their children and try to imagine how many rational Americans feel when they see the actual issue get pushed to the back burner for the benefit of professional looters, rioters and others with a totally separate evil agenda."

Have you seen the bagel or flower shop owner interviewed yet? There's only 1700 of them and must be hard to find ....

People are being played if they think this is all OK.

Comment

• Police is still wilding

Comment

• https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.nyti...tests.amp.html

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Police is still wilding
                              fuck yeah they are: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...eduosDYZC8FH4Y

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Too convenient to use Target as the example. Try this:

“If you felt unease watching a private flower store or bagel shop owned by a black American family that had nothing to do with George Floyd's murder get burned down and looted and understand that thousands of other innocent people off all colours that had nothing at all to do with this horrific incident lost their businesses, their jobs and ability to pay their rent and buy food for their children and try to imagine how many rational Americans feel when they see the actual issue get pushed to the back burner for the benefit of professional looters, rioters and others with a totally separate evil agenda."

Have you seen the bagel or flower shop owner interviewed yet? There's only 1700 of them and must be hard to find ....

People are being played if they think this is all OK.
                                Go look at the neighbourhoods after the protests a few years ago. See how many empty concrete lots there are. Hell, there are places like Newark that haven't recovered from the 60s riots.

Our of curiosity, I have a question for the pro-riot people: why aren't the riots at the houses of the mayors and governors and other politicians running the cities/states? Wouldn't that be far more effective than burning down the neighbour's bakery or the local Nike store? I'm not advocating it but if you want a revolution you take the politicians and bureaucrats and you tar and feather them and march them down the street or you hang them from lamp posts - you don't beat up the local convenience store owner.

Comment

Working...
                                X