Everything Politics II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Bunkerboy looks in way over his head right now.
    Any thoughts on Tent of Commons boy ?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Morning Consult Poll: 58% support using the military to quell the riots. 71% support using the national guard.

Good luck with police reforms now.
      I believe you get two kinds of policing in the great republic to the south and the home of my father and half of my family.

One type or kind of policing is what you find in say Westchester County in NYC.
      The kind of low key .. hey you probably shouldn't do that .. heres a warning kind of policing.

Then theres the kind of policing thats mission is to contain and defend the perimeter. We see this in places like Baltimore or Shreveport or even progressive South Central LA where blacks hispanics and white trash are actually quite equally held in check and and kept behind the perimeter by the cops at night.

The style could change... but not without looking at the profile of how local police hire their candidates.
      I am not going to hold my breath.
      If there was no change after a guy murdered 20 five year old kindergarten children in Sandy Hook I too have to be coloured skeptical on changes in policing philosophy.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jun 3rd, 2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Well thanks mod for moving posts here, I honestly thought this part of the forum was some foreign language group and never looked at it lol.

2.5 years ago, this was a good write up by Bruce Arthur at the time and is still just as relevant, unfortunately: https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...rs-arthur.html
        Bruce Arthur is a sanctimonious prick who happens to be a sportswriter.
        Lately Bruce is doubling as yet another in a long line of social conscience columniists for the Toronto Star.

Bruce has taken the time to rail against the province and its minister Stephen Leece for daring to hold the line on teachers salary increases while sending his kids to private school.

Bruce shat on the folks who gathered in Trinity Bellwoods park on the first real day of 20 degree plus spring as irresponsible children of white privelage ignoring social distancing to the detriment of christendom while he remains Marcel Marceau like on the 3500 person shoulder to shoulder march down Bloor street in support of an unfortuante young woman who committed suicide. Its just fundamentally different for Bruce I guess.

I will try to put this as delicately as possible but @bruce_arthur is do as I say but not as I do grinfucking cunt.

So yes I am PH7 on Arthur.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jun 3rd, 2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

I agree. That was intemperate and the turn of phrase wasn't timely. I apologize to Joey for that post.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Any thoughts on Tent of Commons boy ?
            Many. One of those is they should be in session. Even if it is remotely. No excuses.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Many. One of those is they should be in session. Even if it is remotely. No excuses.
              It's absurd. I think Canada is the only G7 country that has it's legislature closed. Singh is so bad at his job and the Torys are completely useless. Like, if it is important for Parliament to be sitting now then what the hell is the point of having it at all?

Comment

• I'm half way through watching an interesting documentary that was oddly enough recommended to me after watching a few Alan Watts videos. Warning, there is graphic and disturbing imagery at times:

The subject matter is timely though.

Comment

• Oakville and Burlington having anti-racism rallies today at 3:00 and 5:00 respectively. Ordoeuvres and Mimosas to follow ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    Oakville and Burlington having anti-racism rallies today at 3:00 and 5:00 respectively. Ordoeuvres and Mimosas to follow ....
                    Pandemic is over guys. Time to open everything up.

Comment

There's some serious overlap in the BLM protestors and the "stay home, fuck the economy, give me CERB" people. The irony is not lost on me
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

Yep. Can't have it both ways.
                        2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

Comment

• The Floyd murder was significant enough IMO to change the landscape of what most people think of covid, or how impactful it is to our lives. Covid was obviously taken seriously and perhaps too seriously (although that's a debate that might go on forever).. the BLM movement has always been a pressure point in America and parts of the world. So when Floyd got murdered by the cop the way he did, it got most people out of that covid bubble.

So I can see why people are protesting even if maybe a half of those people feel the seriousness of the corona virus. I don't think they are doing it just to put the middle finger to the virus and our social distancing stance. I think some are, but not everyone.

It's like asking what is more important, and for some people the BLM movement is (and perhaps that's not a bad thing).

I don't think its wrong to take covid seriously. I also don't think it's bad for people to protest in light of social distancing requirements. I do think we took covid a bit too seriously as a nation, but if you live or around senior citizens a lot then I can see why you would. Yet, I completely understand why you would protest in light of potentially endangering the people around you.

Either situation is f@cked up.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The Floyd murder was significant enough IMO to change the landscape of what most people think of covid, or how impactful it is to our lives. Covid was obviously taken seriously and perhaps too seriously (although that's a debate that might go on forever).. the BLM movement has always been a pressure point in America and parts of the world. So when Floyd got murdered by the cop the way he did, it got most people out of that covid bubble.

So I can see why people are protesting even if maybe a half of those people feel the seriousness of the corona virus. I don't think they are doing it just to put the middle finger to the virus and our social distancing stance. I think some are, but not everyone.

It's like asking what is more important, and for some people the BLM movement is (and perhaps that's not a bad thing).

I don't think its wrong to take covid seriously. I also don't think it's bad for people to protest in light of social distancing requirements. I do think we took covid a bit too seriously as a nation, but if you live or around senior citizens a lot then I can see why you would. Yet, I completely understand why you would protest in light of potentially endangering the people around you.

Either situation is f@cked up.
                            I agree. Protest away, blacks get a raw deal in the USA just as aboriginals do here. Its fucked up. I'm not against the protests. It's just funny because we decimated shit for coronavirus and now its on page 6 of the newspaper while people are still wondering if they can please operate their business again so they can pay their mortgage.

Comment

They're asking everyone to wear masks and keep social distance. In this heat., you know it's never going to happen right?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

They're asking everyone to wear masks and keep social distance. In this heat., you know it's never going to happen right?
                                So we're trusting the public to be adults and take prevention steps themselves.

...could we not have done that a month ago?

Comment

Working...
                                X