Everything Politics II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    McFucknuts is live..........https://www.cpac.ca/en/direct/hoc5/4...nce-committee/

Its a sport for sure as Skippy in full windup on his opening remarks is stopped by a point of order... Same as a batter calling for time ....
    Skippy stops .. and in full robot mode.... continues his speech after the point of order is discussed. Skippy looks pissed.

Skippy is in "Deny Deny Deny" mode.... No one knew anything. Im not sure thats the message you want to give.

Skippy leaning on his part time teaching career says .. direct quote "he has extensive experience with youth and their issues."
    The Mr. Mittens soft voice is replaced for today as he is speaking like a normal human.ai

The first instance of who is to blame for this and who the tethered goat will be in his remarks....is ...... Its going to suck to be Bardish Chaggar today. She has been singled out twice .. as well as the public service as a whole. Interesting tack in that he is blaming others for his and Bill Morneau's decisions.
    Skippy is saying its not his fault.. but then.. its never Skippys fault.

Skippy is borrowing the full "How Dare You" Greta Thunburg defense.

First up to ask the Skipster is.... Pierre Poilievre.and he launches into how much the family got paid by WE.
    He doesn't know he says.
    Poiliervre is more deferential to Skippy than to the BurgerBoyz.
    Quite methodically he is ripping Skippy a second hole asking about money provided to one Sophie Gregoire. Skippy doesn't seem to know how much she got paid or even what hotel she stayed at in London. For all the married types out there... thats just to fantasmagorical to believe one might think.
    Libs trying hard to run cover by using points of order to stop the bleeding. Have to admire the loyalty.

EDIT #1.

Kourtrakis.. running cover uses her 4 minutes of time to ask Justin if he likes his mom. Pithy.

Rheal Fortin.. The Bloc MP.. A son of Quebec comes out swinging against El Jefe. He is asking why he never checked the lobby register and why he never asked anyone if his familys very close ties to WE and the BurgerBoyz looked bad as they were not registred lobbyists.
    He continues to pry away at the notion that Skippy never really knew the Burgers or why he lost track of Mr. Morneau's many free trips to Africa and that he didn't know anyone in his family worked for WE. Its the Sgt. Schultz defense. "I know nothing" .

Charlie Angus... the NDP leader in waiting after Jagmet finishes seppuku.
    Goes after him for his third ethics pratfall and his judgement. Asks why after two slip ups he did it again. He is painting the picture that Trudeau is lying about his true relationship with the Burgers and that its pretty fantastic to believe that he didn't see this as a huge conflict of interest. Charlie is killing him. He asks why he wanted to privatize the 1$B grant program instead of letting the existing channels of the public service do this. Skippy is bleeding from his eyes. He is trying to frame his answerrs to the betterment of youth. Paid volunterism. An oxymoron no ?
    CHarlies first round is over.

NEXT UP : Barrett and he is going after the decision making process. He is showing that that the explanation of the CIvil Service did this is poor. He is asking whose head is going to roll on the Lib team for this cockup. No answer. He asks again. Trudeau speaks of youth being underserved. Barrett skewers him with the line that cabinet makes decisions not the civil service and who in cabinet should shoulder responsibility. Trudeau looks bad. He also says he has no idea of the failings of the WE enterprise in their financials or the labyrinth of companies or the whacking of their board. His nose is growing by the second.

Next up is the McLeod .. Liberal MP and a visible minority. He is taking a minute to clear his throat. He is telling people where he lives and where his riding is located. He has yet to ask a question. 1 minute into his 2 minutes he asks a question on what the government is going to do to support young native people. Skippy tells the world he loves young people and wants to see them all succeed. Skippy is deeply grateful for the softball question. McLeod gets a second question out.. same as the first. The 3rd question is if about the service corps and CSSG. Remarkably skippy seems to have specific facts and figures on this liberal program where he doesn't know anything about WE.

Poilievrer asks Skippy if he has read the conflict of interest act. Skippy says of course he has. Polivevre asks about section 21. Skippy seems unaware of this section. In fact he seems unware of anything in the act. Poiliever hits him over the head with that. SKippy looks like he needs a lifeboat.
    The power goes out for the Chair and Poilevere asks if someone is going to pull a fire alarm next. He uses the time to further eviserate the Skipster. Its a pretty good beatdown. How this reasonates with the good burghers of Toronto and Montreal remains to be seen.
    I just think none of this is going to matter.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

I just think none of this is going to matter.
      Then its the horrible death of the public trust in parliaments ability to hold itself accountable.

If it truly doesn't matter that the Minister of Finance who is supposed to be Caesars wife and beyond reproach, doesn't resign over his pretty open case of conflict of interest then I don't know what it will take for anyone to resign from this crew. Perhaps pistol whipping a girl scout on the steps of a church after stealing her cookies ?

Make no mistake .. in political circles Trudeau took one in the nuts today. Hard. He looked indecisive with no backbone. That guy Rheal Fortin is the voice of Olde Quebec and as the session was wrapping and during his last minutes he held the floor his voice trailed of with a very dismissive "Trudeau c'est tres Decevant".... Trudeau you are a disappointment. Sure its political theatre.. but from the voice of olde quebec it has to sting a little.

Theres not much difference between Trudeau and Trump. One just fucks you from behind.

Comment

• How can a nation improve with a morally bankrupt leadership at the helm? I no longer believe these claims about the polls. I do not understand how anyone in their right might could still vote Liberal after all that has transpired. Who knows how much rot has yet to be unearthed?

Comment

• Has anyone ever seen a liar on the ropes before? Do they not look just like this man? Panicked, evasive, defensive... Ugh. What a shit show and Canada has no recourse here?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Has anyone ever seen a liar on the ropes before? Do they not look just like this man? Panicked, evasive, defensive... Ugh. What a shit show and Canada has no recourse here?
            The CBC is upping and extending their coverage of Trumpy Bear.

Comment

• I'd sincerely like to know what Joey and Bendit think about all of this.

Comment

• My thoughts? Morneau is a dunce. No argument there. Never been a fan. Would be happy to see him gone.

But otherwise, I think the bar for "scandal" in Canada is pretty darn low. Lol With regards to the WE thing, I think the only thing Trudeau is really guilty of is just political misjudgement. The guy makes some pretty boneheaded decisions. Sure. But I don't see it as anything more than that, like some nefarious scheme like Scheer is trying (and I think mostly unsuccessfully) to try and paint it as.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  My thoughts? Morneau is a dunce. No argument there. Never been a fan. Would be happy to see him gone.

But otherwise, I think the bar for "scandal" in Canada is pretty darn low. Lol With regards to the WE thing, I think the only thing Trudeau is really guilty of is just political misjudgement. The guy makes some pretty boneheaded decisions. Sure. But I don't see it as anything more than that, like some nefarious scheme like Scheer is trying (and I think mostly unsuccessfully) to try and paint it as.
                  Not a quality you want to see in the head of state .. or anywhere actually..... for someone in a position of authority
                  Poor judgement that results in Pretty Boneheaded Decisions....

If Trudeau and Morneau had anything resembling a moral compass they would have resigned.

Comment

Not a quality you want to see in the head of state .. or anywhere actually..... for someone in a position of authority
                    Poor judgement that results in Pretty Boneheaded Decisions....
                    Not disagreeing. But he's still a better choice than Scheer, soo ... yep.

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    If Trudeau and Morneau had anything resembling a moral compass they would have resigned.
                    I'm not sure I agree with this. The people voted him in knowing full well who he was and what he stood for. After he won the 2nd term, I was reserved to him losing the next one .. but honestly, if the Cons don't get it together, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a 3rd.
                    Last edited by Joey; Mon Aug 3rd, 2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Its not about if Scheer is better or worse ..... Its about Trudeau and his seeming inability to understand that the rules also apply to him and the lengths he goes to in absolving himself of any malfeasance. Philpot and Raybold died for SNC. It'll be either Morneau or Chaggar or Telford for WE within the LPC. The Burgers are pretty much done for at this point, but then they were not innocent bystanders in this farce.

If this were a private corporation Trudeau along with Morneau would have been walked out the door.

Its not the Liberal Party .. its the Trudeau cult that has taken it over that needs to be removed.
                      Trudeau c'est tres decevant.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Aug 4th, 2020, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Its not about if Scheer is better or worse .....
                        Sure it is. Thats exactly what it's about. Want him gone? Give people like me a better option. Otherwise, Trudeau will very likely get #3. And you can go back and check, when he first got voted in for the 2nd term, I gave him no shot at #3. But now .. I'm not so sure.
                        Last edited by Joey; Tue Aug 4th, 2020, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Sure it is. Thats exactly what it's about. Want him gone? Give people like me a better option. Otherwise, Trudeau will very likely get #3. And you can go back and check, when he first got voted in for the 2nd term, I gave him no shot at #3. But now .. I'm not so sure.
                          I don't see it that way.
                          You have a few choices
                          You can continue to endorse the cult of Trudeau by voting for him or you can register your displeasure with the party by abstaining.
                          Thats what the Democrats had to do to rid themselves of the Clintons.

The LPC loves being in power more than they love the PM.
                          I'll take the under on JTs next election IF he is around to lead the party. .

Comment

• Funniest thing I've seen in a while ...

Taken of course from that Axios interview, which is comedic gold:

Crazy what just asking a few simple follow up questions can reveal.

Comment

Funniest thing I've seen in a while ...

Taken of course from that Axios interview, which is comedic gold:

Crazy what just asking a few simple follow up questions can reveal.
                              He is as entertaining as it gets at times.

Comment

I don't see it that way.
                                You have a few choices
                                You can continue to endorse the cult of Trudeau by voting for him or you can register your displeasure with the party by abstaining.
                                Thats what the Democrats had to do to rid themselves of the Clintons.

The LPC loves being in power more than they love the PM.
                                I'll take the under on JTs next election IF he is around to lead the party. .
                                The Liberals were in disarray (remember their convention in the basement of a hotel?) until the dauphin accepted his rightful claim as heir to the Liberal throne. He's there until he wants out - the Torys aren't beating him with Mackay or O'Toole in charge. Two losers.

Comment

Working...
                                X